Contribute
Register

Guide To Install Mavericks with Clover Bootloader

Here you go, good Sir! :)

Attachments

• V’s MacBook Pro.ioreg
    1.5 MB · Views: 96
Here you go, good Sir! :)

I think this is becoming apparent it is a bug in Pike's new ssdtPRgen.sh script. Try using ProBook Installer 6.1.12 for only SSDT generation.

I think there's been some attempt to fix some Haswell issues and in the process Ivy may have been broken.

I tried looking for 6.1.12 but it isn't archived anywhere, not even in the MEGA folder or the tool's thread.

I've also seen you reply in that same thread that we should wait for philip_petev in order to get either an older PBI or one with the older script. I have no problem in waiting so I guess I'll just stick around until a fix appears.

Also, this general sluggishness issue manifests with a higher fan speed, too. Should I worry about that?

I tried looking for 6.1.12 but it isn't archived anywhere, not even in the MEGA folder or the tool's thread.

I've also seen you reply in that same thread that we should wait for philip_petev in order to get either an older PBI or one with the older script. I have no problem in waiting so I guess I'll just stick around until a fix appears.

Also, this general sluggishness issue manifests with a higher fan speed, too. Should I worry about that?

If you're using Clover, you can use Clover's Generate/CStates/PStates instead of SSDT.

So removing the SSDT from EFI and /Extra and checking the two options in Clover Configurator is all I have to do?

Sorry if I'm being noobish about this...

So removing the SSDT from EFI and /Extra and checking the two options in Clover Configurator is all I have to do?

Sorry if I'm being noobish about this...

Probably a good idea to select PluginType=1.

What you have in /Extra doesn't matter. Clover doesn't look there.

I really want to thank everybody for this guide. I have long been waiting to get Clover and boot with UEFI, finally it arrived :D Thanks!!

I have one minor thing. Is there a possibility that Clover can enable my HD7650M (switchable graphics)? Or is there, just like Chameleon, no solution yet? I already searched forum and couldn't find much info with Clover, or I used search function wrong :(

Whoa, my PC is back to life! :eek:

So as to end my off-topic-ness, am I better off with this solution or should I still go the SSDT way when a proper PBI is released? :)

RehabMan, thanks a million!

I really want to thank everybody for this guide. I have long been waiting to get Clover and boot with UEFI, finally it arrived :D Thanks!!

I have one minor thing. Is there a possibility that Clover can enable my HD7650M (switchable graphics)? Or is there, just like Chameleon, no solution yet? I already searched forum and couldn't find much info with Clover, or I used search function wrong :(

Clover does nothing for switchable graphics. There is no known solution...

Clover does nothing for switchable graphics. There is no known solution...

Thanks for reply. Guess I (and we all) have to wait till the solution arrives (if it does).

Still, two great products (Chameleon & Clover). I prefer Clover over Chameleon as MBR corruption is not applicable anymore.

Thanks again for the great guide and everybody who helped make it better :)

Back