Contribute
Register

Guide To Install Mavericks with Clover Bootloader

I received the notice: This disk cannot be used to start up ....

I tried to resize the MACOSX partition as some people suggest but no luck...

Please help !

THanks

Do I need create EFI system partition to install MACOSX?

My hard-driver contains 2 partitions, 1 is MACOSX and 1 is Data (NTFS).

Do I need create EFI system partition to install MACOSX?

My hard-driver contains 2 partitions, 1 is MACOSX and 1 is Data (NTFS).

The EFI partition is created automatically (hidden) when you partition the drive as GPT.

The EFI partition is created automatically (hidden) when you partition the drive as GPT.

Before, this disk is MBR, then I use Mini-Partition tool to convert it to GPT (because I don't want to lost my exist files on this). So, do I have to delete all partitions and recreate the MAC partition?

EDITED: Erased all partitions and it works now.

Hi again! I have been thinking, and I think it is possible to start with Clover with an alternative DSDT file.. Is it possible to *build* one that is compatible with my computer just to make it boot, and then i will delete DSDT file and re install the probook installer?

My computer:

Probook 4540s, I5 3210m (I think..), 8gb ram dd3, 1366*768, Intel HD4000 and a compatible WIFI/bluetooth atheros mini-card.

Thank you!

Hi again! I have been thinking, and I think it is possible to start with Clover with an alternative DSDT file.. Is it possible to *build* one that is compatible with my computer just to make it boot, and then i will delete DSDT file and re install the probook installer?

My computer:

Probook 4540s, I5 3210m (I think..), 8gb ram dd3, 1366*768, Intel HD4000 and a compatible WIFI/bluetooth atheros mini-card.

Thank you!

There is no need for a DSDT to install. Make sure you follow the guide in post #1.

There is no need for a DSDT to install. Make sure you follow the guide in post #1.

The problem is: The boot gets stuck at apple logo and the circle of loading keeps spinning over and over again. That problem might have been caused by me when I messed up with the Extension folder in the Library...

I booted in verbose, got stuck here: "arpt cannot assert wake from D3cold fix", don't know if it helps...

Thank you

The problem is: The boot gets stuck at apple logo and the circle of loading keeps spinning over and over again. That problem might have been caused by me when I messed up with the Extension folder in the Library...

I booted in verbose, got stuck here: "arpt cannot assert wake from D3cold fix", don't know if it helps...

Thank you

I have no idea what step you're at in the guide. I suggest you start over and follow it carefully.

Hello together,

once again a question to facetime. Now in the most programs my camera (HP HD webcam fixed) works fine. Only when i open facetime, the video window will not open. It opens, if i start e.g. photo booth after starting facetime. But if i trie to login with my apple id the video freezes in booth screens and the login works endless. I have a registered visa card, in my App Store account it is shown active. Is there any chance to get FaceTime working?

Hello together,

once again a question to facetime. Now in the most programs my camera (HP HD webcam fixed) works fine. Only when i open facetime, the video window will not open. It opens, if i start e.g. photo booth after starting facetime. But if i trie to login with my apple id the video freezes in booth screens and the login works endless. I have a registered visa card, in my App Store account it is shown active. Is there any chance to get FaceTime working?

It is a problem with the Camera (no serial#/other?)

Try running CameraControl first.

I am running camera control, then opening facetime but same problem :(

Back