Contribute
Register

[GUIDE] Sierra on the GA-Z170X-UD3

Status
Not open for further replies.
1. I've done a mixture of Multibeast Setup and most Efi Files from here - works fine.

4. AGDPfix 1.3 works very well. I also have a GTX970. MacPro6.1 an iMac17,1 was working but i not able to sign in with my apple ID and use iMessage with the MacPro6.1 setup. iMac17,1 work flawless.

5. 10.12.3 with the 7c

Wow. Glad to hear the mixed setup is reasonable. Wish I could say the same for iMac17,1. Not sure what I'm doing wrong. I'm still on 10.12.2, and I have a bios version of 6 (I don't even see 7c on the Gigabyte site). Maybe I should try upgrading that.

Hello!

4. I have a GTX 970 and it works pretty flawlessly. I'm using MacPro6,1 with AGDPfix now and it seems stable.

bugsrayz! I just booted off of the attached config / kexts/ patched you posted earlier, and had more success! THANKS. I will play around with sleep/wake now.

I noticed you didn't have SSDT-HDMI-NVIDIA-PEGO.aml in the patched folder? Also, what do you have in drivers64UEFI?

Thanks for posting.

bugsrayz! I just booted off of the attached config / kexts/ patched you posted earlier, and had more success! THANKS. I will play around with sleep/wake now.

I noticed you didn't have SSDT-HDMI-NVIDIA-PEGO.aml in the patched folder? Also, what do you have in drivers64UEFI?

Thanks for posting.

Here's the drivers64UEFI as well.

That's right, I don't have that file in the patched folder.

Attachments

• drivers64UEFI.zip
    77 KB · Views: 86
When I run Instruments or iBooks I have this issue:
in Instruments windows will be Transparent and just show border shadow of windows
in iBooks when I try to read a book same situation occurred
So I checked in terminal and seems like It's NVIDIA Driver related
Same problem here (please see attached screenshot), running 10.12.3 with the latest Nvidia web Driver...
Have you fixed it? Anyone else having this problem?

Attachments

• iBooks.jpg
    iBooks.jpg
    194.8 KB · Views: 163
Last edited:
CPU PM:
  1. Unpack freqVectorsEdit.sh-master.zip, run freqVectorsEdit.sh. Choose the option called: "Mac-65CE76090165799A.plist (iMac17,1)"
  2. Reboot

Have a quick question. Maybe a dumb question please be kind. I unpack the freqVectorsEdit.sh-master.zip you say run freqVectorsEdit.sh there a terminal command or i just click ? I am stuck here. i have tried clicking it i don't know to many terminal commands any help i would be every thank-fill

thanks in advance

Hardware
GA-Z170X-UD3
I5 6600k
16g ram Corsair
Gigabyte GTX 950 2G
Samsung 250g 850evo

Have a quick question. Maybe a dumb question please be kind. I unpack the freqVectorsEdit.sh-master.zip you say run freqVectorsEdit.sh there a terminal command or i just click ? I am stuck here. i have tried clicking it i don't know to many terminal commands any help i would be every thank-fill

Best to execute from a terminal window so you can see what's going on, but check out this: http://apple.stackexchange.com/questions/235128/how-do-i-run-a-sh-or-command-file-in-terminal

I have a weird problem with this install. The network card stops working randomly and I have to restart to get it working again.

Sometimes it just shows that the cable is unplugged until I restart.

Well, I got it to boot and everything, even had thunderbolt working but it was only working when booting in windows then in OSX and overall it was unstable.

Downgraded to F7c (from this post) and all is fine. Mouse is not skipping anymore - that's a good improvement.

Thunderbolt not working :(

I downgraded the BIOS through this method :

" you need FPT Z170 Tool for DOS (with bootable USB)....
https://www.mediafire.com/?p66jhts7cfi26y8
-download this first.

-then make bootable usb stick with , in my example "rufus".
-copy those files from link above to usb stick + bios file you want to downgrade.
-i have used backup file (saved old bios bin) which is already named "bios.bin", otherwise rename original downloaded bios file to bios.bin.
-boot from usb (bios settings) "

Thanks for the guide .. also downgraded to 7c. F20 is the most horrible interface re-design i've ever seen. why did they do this? - my eyes bleed :crazy:

bios_z170x-ud3_zps3muup7va.jpg

Does the bios version influence whether or not the boot instances continue to grow in clover? I have my install on a single drive with no other OSes (yet) and every time I reboot I get another (duplicated) uefi boot instance.

anybody here with a working overklocking? i have my 6700k running at 4.4ghz without any issues ... but when i switch to 4.6 it causes a kernel panic while booting.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back