Contribute
Register

[GUIDE] Sierra on the GA-Z170X-UD3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Also interested to know... Am currently on F20.
I've updated to F21.

Changed the BIOS settings to the ones in this post, it only boots in windows.

If I try to boot from the OSX drive, it only shows up as "P3: Samsung SSD.." and I get "Reboot and Select proper Boot device" error.

I definitely CAN boot in OSX through booting clover on the install USB drive. And it sees the USB drive as "UEFI: ...." while choosing the boot drive. This is the only way.

I've also lost audio.

Any ideas?

Last edited:
After following cnrd's detailed instructions, my Sierra installation on Z170X-UD3 Ultra is hanging with the following output with verbose mode:

OsxAptioFix2Drv: Starting overrides for System\Library\CoreServices\boot.efi
Using reloc block: no, hibernate wake: no
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Any suggestions how to bypass this?

Select KernelPm in clover options as Gigabyte have locked the msrs in the F20 or later BIOS I believe. Once booted use clover configurator to add plist. You'll prob need emuvariables
in 64bit drivers to use iMessage as well.

If no good add AsusAICPUPM in clover options but just KernalPm should be ok.

I've updated to F21.

Changed the BIOS settings to the ones in this post, it only boots in windows.

If I try to boot from the OSX drive, it only shows up as "P3: Samsung SSD.." and I get "Reboot and Select proper Boot device" error.

I definitely CAN boot in OSX through booting clover on the install USB drive. And it sees the USB drive as "UEFI: ...." while choosing the boot drive. This is the only way.

I've also lost audio.

Any ideas?

OK, I will wait a little...

Select KernelPm in clover options as Gigabyte have locked the msrs in the F20 or later BIOS I believe. Once booted use clover configurator to add plist. You'll prob need emuvariables
in 64bit drivers to use iMessage as well.

If no good add AsusAICPUPM in clover options but just KernalPm should be ok.

KernelPm and AsusAICPUPM are on by default after I installed via UniBeast. The BIOS version is an interesting clue. Perhaps I could downgrade to a BIOS 20?

Yes they are set as default in multibeast to maximise compatibly across many boards.

On my board it was the non reversible jump from F5 etc to F20
That did the damage... I suspect you'd need to revert below a F20
BIOS.. which is a hassle if it's the same as on my board.

hi i have Z170X-UD3
when i instal the webdrivers, the computer refuse to open sierra, it restart oe reboot during the verbose. if i put nv_disable=1 in the boot flag sierra open but without nvidia GTX 790 detected. if i uninstall the webdrivers. no need boot flag to run.

if you can help me thanks by advance

Yes they are set as default in multibeast to maximise compatibly across many boards.

On my board it was the non reversible jump from F5 etc to F20
That did the damage... I suspect you'd need to revert below a F20
BIOS.. which is a hassle if it's the same as on my board.

I see. What else can I try considering that I already have the KernelPm and AsusAICPUPM turned on?

I still get stuck here:

Looking at the clover sources, this appears to be at
OnExitBootServices() just before patching kernel and kext. Do we think this hang is still in clover?
Or would this be after the jump to the new kernel?

Thanks for the help so far. Any other information that could help me in my search?

I see. What else can I try considering that I already have the KernelPm and AsusAICPUPM turned on?

I still get stuck here:

Looking at the clover sources, this appears to be at
OnExitBootServices() just before patching kernel and kext. Do we think this hang is still in clover?
Or would this be after the jump to the new kernel?

Thanks for the help so far. Any other information that could help me in my search?
Looks like you're running a Kirby Lake processor? Maybe post in the Kirby Lake thread? I don't know what else you could try... sorry

Well, I got it to boot and everything, even had thunderbolt working but it was only working when booting in windows then in OSX and overall it was unstable.

Downgraded to F7c (from this post) and all is fine. Mouse is not skipping anymore - that's a good improvement.

Thunderbolt not working :(

I downgraded the BIOS through this method :

" you need FPT Z170 Tool for DOS (with bootable USB)....
https://www.mediafire.com/?p66jhts7cfi26y8
-download this first.

-then make bootable usb stick with , in my example "rufus".
-copy those files from link above to usb stick + bios file you want to downgrade.
-i have used backup file (saved old bios bin) which is already named "bios.bin", otherwise rename original downloaded bios file to bios.bin.
-boot from usb (bios settings) "

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back