Contribute
Register

[Guide] Sierra on a Skylake GA-Z170-D3H i7 6700k, 32GB RAM, (iMac 17,1)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi! Which guide did you follow? Note that the guide behind this link requires less fixes. Further remarks on the linked guide:

Do not activate Intel HD 530 drivers when preparing USB installer with Unibeast.
You do not need to remove the graphics card in the beginning of the installation as told in that guide.
In addition to the BIOS settings in that guide, you should also disable the Serial Port and ErP.

You do not need to install Intel HD 530 driver with Multibeast.
You can also choose Mac Pro 5,1 definition when applying final patches with Multibeast.

Finally, install Nvidia Web Drivers.

I hope this helps.

I have done a test with the Mac Pro as mentioned above (so far have not been able to generate a MLB number) but yes, this works great there. I just have not been successful with the iMac 17,1.

I should say-- I have been successful using the adgp.app in addition but not just the clover kext patch.

What is the AppleGraphicsDevicePolicy patch good for?

@5star would you mind sharing your config.plist. Or just the code from the KextsToPatch section. Thanks.
This is my config.plist missing my serial number, MLB, and SMUUID which need to be unique for each machine.

Attachments

• config.plist
    5.2 KB · Views: 290
The same happened for me if I did not change the darkwake value: computer goes to sleep, sleeps for a minute or so and spontaneously wakes up to dark screens in which case one needs to reboot. After setting darkwake=0 almost same procedure happens except that now the screens turn on. However, still no sleep.

Can you tell me the configuration of your USB installer? Especially which drivers you included and so on.
After more testing, and patiently waiting for the machine to fall asleep, I can say with total certainty that I am having the exact same sleep issues as you-- on both SSD's (MacPro 5,1 and also the iMac 17,1) Furthermore, when I have my external RAID drive plugged in regardless of the configuration, the safe sleep app is not properly handling the ejection of the drive. I get all the errors from not properly ejecting my drives. As a result I think until I hear differently from anyone I am going to not let the computer fall asleep in my power management settings. I really wish I could, but at this point Darkwake=0 doesn't fix my problem. Also, if you push the power button to wake up the machine without darkwake set, it wakes up with the monitors, but after the first sleep you'll still have the same problems. Also after a sleep, it will never finish a shutdown normally. It just spins and spins without ever finishing.

As far as the configuration of my USB installer, I just followed the TonyMac Sierra setup and then ran MultiBeast to enable intel 530 graphics. There was nothing special I did there.

Last edited:
Yes, the number of digits is the same for me :/ It is strange that the same guide does not work for you... Since setting up iMessage seems to be critically dependent on the en0 connection, I suspected the alternative ethernet driver you are using but it worked in your initial guide.
Yes, I can see why you thought that, but once I fixed the EN0 as I mentioned above, I really haven't been able to get to the part where I test imessage since I can't get the MLB generator to accept the serial number. I have had a very busy weekend so I haven't tried any other serial combinations, but would you mind sharing with me which version of the MLB generator you used? I used the older depreciated one, and the most current one. They both errored out with different errors, but nonetheless wouldn't give me anything. I wish I could remember the other error I got off the top of my head...

Yes, it works fine :)
Yes i can confirm that it works great! My only recommendation is that if you're going to have multiple bootable disks, change CloverBoot to something meaningful for that disk so that if you are in your bios boot menu, you'll be able to tell your disks apart. You'll need to do this process for each disk.

Hey! Nice guide, but I have a problem. I followed it step-by-steb.
In Step 6, when I reboot PC (disconnect my Install USB, select boot option that HDD where I installed MacOS), it automatically chooses Boot Option MacOS and then I'm stucked on Apple logo with loading bar. It's frozen on the start. Even if I try to boot with -v, nothing on screen is written, just that Apple logo and stucked loading bar.
However, if I plug the USB in again and boot on that USB and choose to boot MacOS (istead of choose installation), I can normally get into the system - but graphics and sound isn't working.
I tried to re-install whole system, but same... :(

Does somebody know, what should I do, please? Thank you
My best guess (because without a verbose log giving us clues all we can do is guess) is that you need to try your install again. If you can boot in with the USB drive you are very close, but without more information on why it's not working it's impossible to say what is hanging up.

What is the AppleGraphicsDevicePolicy patch good for?
It definitely helped in the MacPro 5,1 system definition, but I can't say if it is or isn't helping when using the much more temporary ADGPfix.app I just know that I wish at some point it would hold true.

Hi! Which guide did you follow? Note that the guide behind this link requires less fixes. Further remarks on the linked guide:

Do not activate Intel HD 530 drivers when preparing USB installer with Unibeast.
You do not need to remove the graphics card in the beginning of the installation as told in that guide.
In addition to the BIOS settings in that guide, you should also disable the Serial Port and ErP.

You do not need to install Intel HD 530 driver with Multibeast.
You can also choose Mac Pro 5,1 definition when applying final patches with Multibeast.

Finally, install Nvidia Web Drivers.

I hope this helps.

I did try to follow the guide above because it required less fixes, but I was never able to get Sierra working under that guide when I was installing from scratch.

I have done a test with the Mac Pro as mentioned above (so far have not been able to generate a MLB number) but yes, this works great there. I just have not been successful with the iMac 17,1.

I should say-- I have been successful using the adgp.app in addition but not just the clover kext patch.
oh,,this patch works fine on 10.12.2 with imac 17,1 on my hack

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back