Contribute
Register

[Guide] Sierra on a Skylake GA-Z170-D3H i7 6700k, 32GB RAM, (iMac 17,1)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is yours the same number of digits?
Yes, the number of digits is the same for me :/ It is strange that the same guide does not work for you... Since setting up iMessage seems to be critically dependent on the en0 connection, I suspected the alternative ethernet driver you are using but it worked in your initial guide.

No. It doesn't yet. I just let my computer fall asleep by setting sleep to 1 min, and it sounded asleep, but the apples never stopped glowing (my sign that it's still running somewhat), and even though spacebar made it sound like the graphics card woke up... the monitors never came back on. Had to reboot. I haven't set Darkwake to 0 yet though. Is that what you said works? Or were you saying that it woke up just after a minute of being asleep?
The same happened for me if I did not change the darkwake value: computer goes to sleep, sleeps for a minute or so and spontaneously wakes up to dark screens in which case one needs to reboot. After setting darkwake=0 almost same procedure happens except that now the screens turn on. However, still no sleep.

Can you tell me the configuration of your USB installer? Especially which drivers you included and so on.

I was able to permanently get rid of the additional entries in the boot list:
  1. open UEFI-shell in the Clover boot menu

Now, there should not appear new entries in the boot list.

QUESTION

Open UEFI-shell

I haven't used the UEFI-shell on my Hackintosh yet. From what I've read so far, I would need to get a copy of

cloverx64.efi

Then place this file at the root of the EFI folder and *Rename* it to shellx64.efi. Once this is done, a re-boot into
the Clover boot menu should now show an new item with text " Start UEFI Shell 64" at the bottom of the menu

Is this summary accurate? or is it already part of Clover and I don't know how to launch the UEFI shell

Last edited:
QUESTION

Open UEFI-shell

I haven't used the UEFI-shell on my Hackintosh yet. From what I've read so far, I would need to get a copy of

cloverx64.efi

Then place this file at the root of the EFI folder and *Rename* it to shellx64.efi. Once this is done, a re-boot into
the Clover boot menu should now show an new item with text " Start UEFI Shell 64" at the bottom of the menu

Is this summary accurate? or is it already part of Clover and I don't know how to launch the UEFI shell

I did find a file called CLOVERX64.efi-2218.ZIP I'm not sure if this is the latest version, attached

As far as I am concerned one does not need any additional files in order to be able to access the UEFI shell. It should be available in the clover boot menu, where you can choose it with the arrow keys. Then start it by pressing the enter button. This is only way, that I am aware of, to start the UEFI shell.

As far as I am concerned one does not need any additional files

Glad I don't need to mess around installing something....

Query
Did you do this? did it did trim down the list as expected?

Mine now has over 80 entries :lol:

@5star would you mind sharing your config.plist. Or just the code from the KextsToPatch section. Thanks.

Yes, it works fine :)

Thanks KingBig38, that pruned out over 80+ boot entries!
Looks great now, instructions in post #7 easy to follow.

....... UEFI-shell is first icon in bottom row on Clover Boot screen

BootListPurged.png

Last edited:
@5star this AppleGraphicsDevicePolicy patch also works fine on macos 10.12.2.

I have done a test with the Mac Pro as mentioned above (so far have not been able to generate a MLB number) but yes, this works great there. I just have not been successful with the iMac 17,1.

I should say-- I have been successful using the adgp.app in addition but not just the clover kext patch.

Hey! Nice guide, but I have a problem. I followed it step-by-steb.
In Step 6, when I reboot PC (disconnect my Install USB, select boot option that HDD where I installed MacOS), it automatically chooses Boot Option MacOS and then I'm stucked on Apple logo with loading bar. It's frozen on the start. Even if I try to boot with -v, nothing on screen is written, just that Apple logo and stucked loading bar.
However, if I plug the USB in again and boot on that USB and choose to boot MacOS (istead of choose installation), I can normally get into the system - but graphics and sound isn't working.
I tried to re-install whole system, but same... :(

Does somebody know, what should I do, please? Thank you

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back