Contribute
Register

[Guide] Razer Blade 15 (2018) Detailed Install Guide High Sierra 10.13.6 (17G2208-17G5019)

Status
Not open for further replies.
One another difference between 15,1 & 15,2 that I've noticed is that 15,2 shows that it has 4 TB3 ports :)D) in aboutmac section while 15,1 shows none.

Guys, I finally fixed it. I debugged my DSDT using RehabMans OS-X-ACPI-Debug and it all came down to one faulty method. Just deleting the contents solves the issue completely and I can now finally use sleep without the gpu going crazy afterwards. Also opening the lid now brings up the login screen immediately instead of having to close and open it again. So might be interesting for you guys as well @vettz500 and @Mr.Crab .

This is the method that needs patching:

Code:
Method (RTEC, 0, NotSerialized)
{
    Store (YEAR, Local0)
    Store (FBC (Local0), RTYR)
    Store (MON, Local0)
    Store (FBC (Local0), RTMH)
    Store (DAY, Local0)
    Store (FBC (Local0), RTDY)
    Store (HOR, Local0)
    Store (FBC (Local0), RTHR)
    Store (MIN, Local0)
    Store (FBC (Local0), RTME)
}

Just deleting the contents of the method is probably not the most elegant solution but I couldn't figure out how to make it work otherwise. The Problem is that the variable Local0 will always be undefined. Since you have a different version of the blade and don't experience this problem this could look different for you. If it does please let me know, maybe there is a way to fix it properly.

If you just want it gone, you can use this static patch:
Code:
into method label RTEC replace_content begin
\n
end;

If you want to fix the problem with having to open the lid twice after sleep and this doesn't help, I can walk you through how to debug your dsdt. For me it was because _WAK was not executed fully because it errored out in RTEC and I'm sure it's something similar for you guys.

Cheers!

Guys, I finally fixed it. I debugged my DSDT using RehabMans OS-X-ACPI-Debug and it all came down to one faulty method. Just deleting the contents solves the issue completely and I can now finally use sleep without the gpu going crazy afterwards. Also opening the lid now brings up the login screen immediately instead of having to close and open it again. So might be interesting for you guys as well @vettz500 and @Mr.Crab .

Code:
{
    Store (YEAR, Local0)
    Store (MON, Local0)
    Store (DAY, Local0)
    Store (HOR, Local0)
    Store (MIN, Local0)
}

Just deleting the contents of the method is probably not the most elegant solution but I couldn't figure out how to make it work otherwise. The Problem is that the variable Local0 will always be undefined. Since you have a different version of the blade and don't experience this problem this could look different for you. If it does please let me know, maybe there is a way to fix it properly.

Code:
\n
end;

If you want to fix the problem with having to open the lid twice after sleep and this doesn't help, I can walk you through how to debug your dsdt. For me it was because _WAK was not executed fully because it errored out in RTEC and I'm sure it's something similar for you guys.

Cheers!
I have no such problems but debugging acpi is a cool skill to have!

I have no such problems but debugging acpi is a cool skill to have!

I've spent way more time on this than I'm willing to admit haha. Now there are only two issues left at the moment.

For one did you use fewtarius/jackfix to fix your audio jack? Did you use Linux to get the correct pins?

The other thing is that external hdds are showing up as internal. Still have to dig into that one.

Performance is ****, compared to windows, usb-c to DP, WQHD.

Hey... wondering if you were able to get a guide running for this laptop on OC? really looking forward to it :)

Code:
{
    Store (YEAR, Local0)
    Store (MON, Local0)
    Store (DAY, Local0)
    Store (HOR, Local0)
    Store (MIN, Local0)
}

Code:
\n
end;

Cheers!
This is using OpenCore? I am about to get on a journey into OpenCore today.. will be re-reading this thread a lot.

Hey... wondering if you were able to get a guide running for this laptop on OC? really looking forward to it :)
Hey, haven't really had inspiration to sit and write that thing really. I can give you my latest OC EFI though if you want.

Hey, haven't really had inspiration to sit and write that thing really. I can give you my latest OC EFI though if you want.
Hey that would be helpful.. I was copying the stuff from your GitHub but for some reason my Bootable USB is not working with it.

Hey that would be helpful.. I was copying the stuff from your GitHub but for some reason my Bootable USB is not working with it.
Ok, I've update GitHub repo with what I have right now.
Don't forget to change things at platform info in config.plist that have CHANGE_ME values with the help of gensmbios tool. And make sure you have correct BIOS settings.

Hey.. figured out what was wrong that wasn’t making it boot before and am in the middle of installation right now. Once I have it running I’ll update it with your EFI.. Btw, are you still using 15,1 for moved to 15,2 to get the External display working?

edit: just checked that you’re still using 15,1 hmmm did the external display work for you on it ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back