Contribute
Register

[Guide] Razer Blade 15 (2018) Detailed Install Guide High Sierra 10.13.6 (17G2208-17G5019)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, Guys. Ive bought connector to original apple ssd, on next week ill buy ssd on 128gb to test will it increase battery life or not.

Hi guys, Ive been absent for some time as well and recently reinstalled HighSierra on an external SSD to try getting it running on my 2019 Mid Advanced Blade 15.But Ive been really struggling to get the Intel graphics to run properly. Thus didn't get my hands dirty on the trackpad and sound. Ill replace the wifi card down the road and use an ethernet adapter right now.
But that intel hd 630 of the i7-9750H gives me headaches so far. Maybe someone wants to take a look at my clover and help out.
Besides that, its quite snappy already :)

Thank you very much.

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    3.3 MB · Views: 58
Hi everybody,

So i wanted to share my experience with my hackbook razer blade pro 15" haha

i've started to do all the tutorial here from vettz500 and it worked marvellous until the moment of the ssdt patching for the trackpad (that was working before it was supposed to) and the nvidia graphics deactivation

when i patched the ssdt i had the black screen happening again at startup and the audio never working anymore

after searching a bit i found that i didn't have the exact same razer blade as vettz and that i surely didn't had the same bios version

so i started my windows partition and update the bios to the actual 1.09 version for my razer blade advanced 2018 with a 1070 gtx (i think it matters for the trackpad !)

then reinstaled high sierra and followed step by step the @stonedevil tutorial for the blade 2019 and co...

i had two issues with the tutorial first was the part with maciasl to extract the dsdt.dsl (i followed the vettz tuto for this part)
and the second one for patching the graphics (the file is different than the one for the 2019 blade for the 2018 blade it's ssdt10 not 12)

after this everything seems to work perfectly with this method and i've updated natively to mojave without any issues i'm gonna do some tests for the audio and sleep because when the screen saver starts the screen won't come back ever

and audio didn't appear once but i did a lot of reboot since and its showing everytime switching from headset to speakers seems to work like a charm

i'm sharing my EFI without the config.plist file because i like my serial number a lot ^^

and thanks for all everybody did to enjoy mac os on this wonderfull machine

Attachments

• EFI for dual boot razerblade 2018 advanced 1070maxq.zip
    28.3 MB · Views: 90
@AdorableTeemo you can follow the guide with mojave, no differences. but your nvidia gpu won't work and you should disable it to save battery (see guide).

@AdorableTeemo you can follow the guide with mojave, no differences. but your nvidia gpu won't work and you should disable it to save battery (see guide).
I tried following the guide, I couldn't even get to the installer screen, I know nvidia won't work on Mojave, I don't mind actually.

I'm using RehabMan's latest clover build, then pasted the CLOVER folder from the Clover USB installer folder from post 1. And i'm stuck on this screen (check picture attached)

Attachments

• ST4774.JPG
    ST4774.JPG
    3.6 MB · Views: 59
Last edited:
I tried following the guide, I couldn't even get to the installer screen, I know nvidia won't work on Mojave, I don't mind actually.

I'm using RehabMan's latest clover build, then pasted the CLOVER folder from the Clover USB installer folder from post 1. And i'm stuck on this screen (check picture attached)

Huh, that's a lot of errors. Did you get High Sierra running? Did you switch your SSD? BIOS settings correct? Do you have the 2018 or 2019 model?

Huh, that's a lot of errors. Did you get High Sierra running? Did you switch your SSD? BIOS settings correct? Do you have the 2018 or 2019 model?
I haven't tried installing High Sierra yet, does it even matter which version of macos im trying to install? I mean I got stuck and couldn't get to the installer screen yet, I was thinking maybe it's the outdated kexts included on the clover usb installer files, I also replaced FakeSMC kext with the newest one, same error. Yes, I bought a new SSD yesterday, its a Samsung Evo 860 SATA not m.2 nvme. It's 2018 base model.

Mojave/High Sierra shouldn't matter what I wanted to know was if you got some kind of installer running before.

Just an idea: how long did you let it sit at that stage? When I was doing the 10.14.6 update it looked like it was stuck but then it worked after a while.

So in the base model you have a NVME and a SATA drive right? You could try and disconnect your second drive and see if that works. The stock NVME drive could prevent the installer from booting.

Other than that, maybe try to re-do everything and doulbe check. Also you could take a look at stonevils guide.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back