Contribute
Register

[Guide] Razer Blade 15 (2018) Detailed Install Guide High Sierra 10.13.6 (17G2208-17G5019)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi everyone, how's the chrome config, or any other Razer config from synapse works in macOS?
All the set-up happens in Windows and then stored in the device memory so when you boot into macOS it stays configured the same way as was in Windows?
It doesn't save between Windows and Mac. When Mac loads it will go back to default.

I’ve installed macOS clearly. After post installation part I turned on my laptop, there was no issue with black screen, but no sound and no sleep

P.S. It's the same for now - laptop going for sleep for 5 minutes, after wake up - deadly freezed
Why did you modify the config.plist to include Load VBios and Inject Intel? As well as modifying the C2 C4 C6 states and the darkwake? You changed a whole lot in the config.plist, more than what I just listed. Delete the one that you're using now, re-download the Post Installation Files and use my config.plist as is, don't modify it. That's one of the reasons why you're having these issues.

When it comes to disabling the Nvidia card, make sure you follow the guide as I stated to do it properly. If you don't apply the patch correctly, you will get a hang when booting.

As Feartech stated already, we need actual problem reporting files to really help. Also what version of OSX did you install when you did the clean install?

Last edited:
Still trying to get the trackpad working on the 2019 model. Could one of you look up something for me on the 2018 advanced model in Windows? Go to Device Manager -> Human Interface Devices -> I2C HID Device -> Details and in the dropdown choose BIOS device name. What does it say for you there? Mine ends in TPD0.

Second, choose Parent in the same dropdown. Mine says:
Code:
PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_A368&SUBSYS_20021A58&REV_10\3&11583659&0&A8

Just trying to figure out if Razer is using something totally different with the new model. I just can't get this to work no matter what I try.

Edit: The IOName in IOReg is ELAN0406, which seems to be the same as in the base model of last year.

Last edited:
Still trying to get the trackpad working on the 2019 model. Could one of you look up something for me on the 2018 advanced model in Windows? Go to Device Manager -> Human Interface Devices -> I2C HID Device -> Details and in the dropdown choose BIOS device name. What does it say for you there? Mine ends in TPD0.

Second, choose Parent in the same dropdown. Mine says:
Code:
PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_A368&SUBSYS_20021A58&REV_10\3&11583659&0&A8

Just trying to figure out if Razer is using something totally different with the new model. I just can't get this to work no matter what I try.

Edit: The IOName in IOReg is ELAN0406, which seems to be the same as in the base model of last year.
BIOS Device name doesn't mean anything here. TPD0 is what the 2018 Advance Model ends in also. ELAN is the trackpad they switched too. The Advanced Model from 2018 used the PNP0C50. The ELAN trackpad used in the newer RazerBlades is just not compatible yet.

BIOS Device name doesn't mean anything here. TPD0 is what the 2018 Advance Model ends in also. ELAN is the trackpad they switched too. The Advanced Model from 2018 used the PNP0C50. The ELAN trackpad used in the newer RazerBlades is just not compatible yet.

Hey @vettz500,

I just caught up on the Voodoo Support thread and it does seem like the trackpad is not (yet?) supported. Thanks for the info and the great guide!

I have the new Razer blade 2019 as well, It is a shame the trackpad doesnt work now, I was just waitting for the new webdrivers nvidia and now seems that I am going to have to wait for the track pad drivers too, someone knows if it will be released ever ? :/

I dont know why moderators deleted my post, but this is my EFI - fully works with no problems (kexts included in EFI folder). Razer blade 2019 with 1070. It's done not by this guide.

WARNING. If you want to use it, you should delete --only-- DSDT file, dump it by yourself and patch it - cause you can have other BIOS settings.

P.S. Replace voodooi2c files by new from 11 January (you can find it in this thread).

Attachments

• WORKING EFI.zip
    39 MB · Views: 244
Last edited:
Sounds like you have something you missed on installation if you're getting a Kernel Panic during sleep which is causing the excess heat.
It isn't KPing, as I can still wake from sleep and start doing things normally. It doesn't happen enough that I have spent the time to look into it. Next time it happens I will take a look at Activity Monitor and see what is spiking the CPU.

I've finally got my Razer Blade 15 144hz 2018 and used this guide. Everything went well except couple of things.
1) I kept getting compile errors while doing patching and discovered that that was because of I copied the original files using Finder, then I've tried using cp command and everything went well with patching & compiling.
2) Track-pad support is not the best I can say, it's better handled in Linux and even better in Windows(gosh it's just gorgeous there). But the real problem is when the laptop is on battery power the track-pad is crazy - it's jumping around and precision is awful, can't use it, really. I've tried to delete Voodoo kexts, cleaned k-cache, did ACPI patching again with fresh-generated originals from Clover boot menu and then installing the kexts again, but it just didn't help at all. What might be the cause?
3) Sometimes the OS won't load at all, there is no 'apple-logo-blip' and it keeps loading forever.

cc/ vettz500, RehabMan

Attachments

• debug_11724.zip
    1.2 MB · Views: 170
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back