Contribute
Register

[Guide] Razer Blade 15 (2018) Detailed Install Guide High Sierra 10.13.6 (17G2208-17G5019)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes I forgot to specify, I don't have AppleHDA.kex files in my System-Library-Extensions folder that's why I can't apply your trick

Yes I forgot to specify, I don't have AppleHDA.kex files in my System-Library-Extensions folder that's why I can't apply your trick
That is very weird and doesn't make much sense. Are you sure you're looking in System-Library-Extensions and not Library-Extensions?

The fix for Mojave Audio is to keep the layout ID address in the config.plist the same as it has been.
Navigate to System-Library-Extensions and find AppleGFXHDA.kext
Rename that kext to AppleGFXHDA.kext.bak

Sorry I misread!! I wasn't paying attention. Really sorry. However, in is it the AppleHDA.kext file that I have to rename to AppleHDA.bak or as in the quote the AppleGFXHDA.kext file that I have to rename to AppleGFXHDA.kext.bak?

I can't find the files VoodooI2CHID.kext or VoodooGPIO.kext in System-Library-Extensions and only VoodooI2CHID.kext in Library-Extensions and not VoodooGPIO.kext. Am I looking in the right place?

I have no merit for my English I use the translator deepl.com who translates quite well;)

Sorry I misread!! I wasn't paying attention. Really sorry. However, in is it the AppleHDA.kext file that I have to rename to AppleHDA.bak or as in the quote the AppleGFXHDA.kext file that I have to rename to AppleGFXHDA.kext.bak?
It's all good! It happens lol.
Rename AppleGFXHDA.kext to AppleGFXHDA.kext.bak I misspoke earlier when I said AppleHDA.kext.

I can't find the files VoodooI2CHID.kext or VoodooGPIO.kext in System-Library-Extensions and only VoodooI2CHID.kext in Library-Extensions and not VoodooGPIO.kext. Am I looking in the right place?

I have no merit for my English I use the translator deepl.com who translates quite well;)

You should only see the Voodoo Kexts in Library-Extensions. If you only see VoodooI2CHID.kext then you're fine. Did you use the VoodooI2C kext from the file that I uploaded to the guide?

If so, I would like you to try something.

Mount your EFI Drive. Navigate to EFI-Clover-ACPI-Patched and find the SSDT-UIAC-All and copy it your desktop and then delete it out of the patched folder. Reboot and see if your trackpad works

I tried everything and nothing works either the sound or the trackpad. But now that you've explained to me what I should do, I'm going to do a clean Mojave Install tomorrow and try your instructions again on a clean system. And I'll come and tell you how it went.

I'm joining you my last debug file

Attachments

• debug_8280.zip
    1.7 MB · Views: 46
I tried everything and nothing works either the sound or the trackpad. But now that you've explained to me what I should do, I'm going to do a clean Mojave Install tomorrow and try your instructions again on a clean system. And I'll come and tell you how it went.

I'm joining you my last debug file
A clean install won't really help too much here. Can you make a copy of the Extensions folder in Library-Extensions and upload it?

I may think that with all the tests I've done I may have created errors and a clean Install could allow me to start from scratch.

Here is my Library/extensions folder

Attachments

• Extensions.zip
    5.9 MB · Views: 70
@natherox and @Razeriste can you two try the attached drivers for your touchpad. I dived deeper into both of your debug logs and found out that Razer did indeed switch touchpads. They are now using ELAN devices, my Razer Blade and others are using different Touchpads.

Delete the VoodooI2C and Voodoo2CHID kexts out of the Library-Extensions folder and then install the two kexts inside of the attached folder.
Once you have done that rebuild kextcache in terminal
Code:
sudo kextcache -i /

This might get your touchpad working

Attachments

• Touchpad ELAN Kexts.zip
    131 KB · Views: 91
Last edited:
Unfortunately, it doesn't work.

Attachments

• debug_15545.zip
    1.7 MB · Views: 65