Contribute
Register

[Guide] Razer Blade 15 (2018) Detailed Install Guide High Sierra 10.13.6 (17G2208-17G5019)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here is a copy of my DSDT! Let me know if I am missing something (not working).

I couldn't find anything obvious, sorry. Maybe try what vettz suggested and do the GPIO pinning as that uses a different CRS method. Other than that I can't really help you because I can't test it on my device. Also, look into bios updates. I heard that changes things as well. Hope you can get it working!

Is your brightness controls working? That is in general, when the screen is working and you're using the laptop, can you control the brightness of the screen natively?
Hi @vettz500 and thanks for the reply. I have brightness working and the keyboard shortcuts working via the add pnlf patch on clover.

Whats weird is that if I put my blade ti sleep the keyboard backlight doesnt go off and the status light stays pulsing green. If I try to wake it up the screen remains dark but the backlight is on. So blackscreen with backlight. If i hit buttons like spacebar I can hear the usual bump sound so I know the os is active.

Hi @vettz500 and thanks for the reply. I have brightness working and the keyboard shortcuts working via the add pnlf patch on clover.

Whats weird is that if I put my blade ti sleep the keyboard backlight doesnt go off and the status light stays pulsing green. If I try to wake it up the screen remains dark but the backlight is on. So blackscreen with backlight. If i hit buttons like spacebar I can hear the usual bump sound so I know the os is active.
Looking further into your problem reporting files, it doesn't look like you fully have your framebuffer patching done correctly. You're missing a few things in the config.plist for it. This could be your issue. The other issue is, the UHD620 is a totally different ball game and is not exactly fully supported.

im dualbooting windows on it and i cant get the trackpad to work. the trackpad works fine in macos but not windows?

Hey everyone,

I have no idea what I am doing wrong with my installer but I am trying to just get past the first damn step and this is what keeps happening. I am using unibeast to make the boot drive. I cant for the life of me figure it out so any help is appreciated !

PS I have the 2018 blade 15 advanced model with the 1060, 32gb of ram, 1tb samsung drive, and 144hz refresh rate screen. Don't know if these make a difference but figured it was worth sharing. LMK what else you need

Attachments

• IMG_7018.jpg
    IMG_7018.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 110
I've tested BrcmFirmwareRepo.kext + BrcmPatchRAM2.kext + AirportBrcmFixup.kext.

UPDATE: removed repo & ram kexts, only mixup left = no slowness on boot anymore! (wifi still works)
THX
Do you have everything working on Catalina?

Everything but bluetooth, have not tried the patched kexts though
Would you be able to give them a go and report back? I want to update to Catalina, and I need Bluetooth, but don’t want to go through the headache if it absolutely won’t work. Also, any idea about potential for NVIDIA support in Catalina?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back