Contribute
Register

[Guide] Razer Blade 15 (2018) Detailed Install Guide High Sierra 10.13.6 (17G2208-17G5019)

Status
Not open for further replies.
@vettz500, @takki, guys do you have any updates on ssts etc. ? And can you share the config.plist additions to make usb-c work on 15,1/15,3 ?
@takki posted some SSDT's and patches for the config.plist in the other battery thread to test if DGPU stays turned off even after sleeping. I applied the SSDT's and patches today, but haven't had a chance to fully test if it's working or not.

As far as USB-C goes, my OC folder is attached.
More information on what I added/changed is here - https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/opencore-battery-patch.295289/post-2111186

The OC Folder I uploaded omits the resources folder to keep the file size small. The Resources folder just has the graphics and audio for the boot picker.

Attachments

• OC.zip
    4.4 MB · Views: 92
Last edited:
@vettz500, @takki, guys do you have any updates on ssts etc. ? And can you share the config.plist additions to make usb-c work on 15,1/15,3 ?
I'm in the process of moving from static patches to hotpatches before I switch to opencore. Most of that stuff is specific to the early 2019 model though. I need to do the battery next and then I have everything done. Trackpad was a huge PITA but it's working now (and hopefully does in OC as well). I'll attach my trackpad ssdts and patches and dGPU patches for others using the early 2019 model. BTW trackpad patching is a lot easier with this app I found:

I tried the fix for the 15,1 smbios but that doesn't for me on clover. You can find it a couple pages back in the other thread.

Edit: Battery patch is here, seems to work just fine. Thanks @BlvckBytes for letting me spam your thread haha

Attachments

• GPU-PATCH.zip
    7.5 KB · Views: 71
  • TRACKPAD-PATCH.zip
    6.2 KB · Views: 63
  • SSDT-BATT.zip
    4.3 KB · Views: 62
Last edited:
@Mr.Crab @vettz500 I'm building my OC folder at the moment and was looking at your folders as a baseline. Do you really need SSDT-HPET? I've never needed it before with clover and was wondering of you guys can't boot without it now?

Also could you explain how you made the SSDT-PLUG? The one linked in the opencore guide is very different.

Last edited:
@Mr.Crab @vettz500 I'm building my OC folder at the moment and was looking at your folders as a baseline. Do you really need SSDT-HPET? I've never needed it before with clover and was wondering of you guys can't boot without it now?

Also could you explain how you made the SSDT-PLUG? The one linked in the opencore guide is very different.

Not sure if we need pet, but it's one of the IRQ conflicts thing, and it is said that without them audio and trackpad might now work properly, haven't had a chance to test for any difference though.

As for PLUG, the one you just linked is a template for all various possibilities that your cpu can be named in your table. Just follow this https://dortania.github.io/Getting-Started-With-ACPI/Universal/plug.html

@vettz500, @takki I can confirm that new dGPU patches keep it off on my laptop even after sleep/wake, that's awesome!
As for 15,3 usb-c thing, it works too, but it shows absolutely invalid serial number now in about this Mac along with no model specification, MacBook Pro instead of MacBook Pro(15 inch 2019 or whatever was here).
UPDATE: I think I know why serial is wrong, will reply back soon, meanwhile, from OC docs:

Generic
Type: plist dictonary
Optional: When Automatic is false
Description: Update all fields. This section is read only when Automatic is active.

PlatformNVRAM
Optional: When Automatic is true
Description: Update platform NVRAM fields. This section is read only when Automatic is not active.

UPDATE2: alright, my bad, I haven't noticed that corresponding keys have empty values in SMBIOS array, now when I set them everything's fine in about section :)

Last edited:
@vettz500, @takki I can confirm that new dGPU patches keep it off on my laptop even after sleep/wake, that's awesome!
As for 15,3 usb-c thing, it works too, but it shows absolutely invalid serial number now in about this Mac along with no model specification, MacBook Pro instead of MacBook Pro(15 inch 2019 or whatever was here).
UPDATE: I think I know why serial is wrong, will reply back soon, meanwhile, from OC docs:

Generic
Optional: When Automatic is false
Description: Update all fields. This section is read only when Automatic is active.

PlatformNVRAM
Optional: When Automatic is true
Description: Update platform NVRAM fields. This section is read only when Automatic is not active.

UPDATE2: alright, my bad, I haven't noticed that corresponding keys have empty values in SMBIOS array, now when I set them everything's fine in about section :)

Hmm I'll try without PLUG and HPET first and see if I notice anything. Also what are the remanes RTC IRQ 8 Patch and TIMR IRQ 0 Patch for? I can't tell that they are suuposed to match..

Ahh looks like they belong to HPET so I'll leave them out as well.

Hmm I'll try without PLUG and HPET first and see if I notice anything. Also what are the remanes RTC IRQ 8 Patch and TIMR IRQ 0 Patch for? I can't tell that they are suuposed to match..

Ahh looks like they belong to HPET so I'll leave them out as well.
They belong to HPET, that was generated via ssdttime.
PLUG is mandatory for power management afaik.

@takki PLUG and HPET are both generated via SSDTTime on the windows side. Tailored specifically to your laptop.

PLUG is 100% needed, I'm not 100% sure on HPET. I did have a slow boot time until I generated HPET though

Hi guys. I'm new to Hackintosh and trying to install High Sierra using this thread's guide.
However, after created the bootable USB stick using Unibeast 8.2 and booted with my Blade 15 (with BIOS modified and SSD, network card replaced), it showed the "The recovery server could not be contacted" message. Tried both the 17G65 and 17G2208 version and change the date to 010100002019 in terminal, still with no luck.
Any solution? :|

Hi guys. I'm new to Hackintosh and trying to install High Sierra using this thread's guide.
However, after created the bootable USB stick using Unibeast 8.2 and booted with my Blade 15 (with BIOS modified and SSD, network card replaced), it showed the "The recovery server could not be contacted" message. Tried both the 17G65 and 17G2208 version and change the date to 010100002019 in terminal, still with no luck.
Any solution? :|
I had this situation some time ago, i think I’ve solved it with another installer or something. Anyway, try without unibeast, just terminal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back