Contribute
Register

[GUIDE] Overclock with Z68/Z77, Power Management, SSDT Edits

Status
Not open for further replies.
For the overclockers above 4.2 (that's what multibeast OC goes up to) take a look at the second post in my OC thread:
viewtopic.php?f=49&t=60862

Should make it work. Remember that system definition still matters, macmini5,1 works fine or 5,3

Ahhhh maybe this is the problem? Might try the SSDT using a macmin symbios?

Just wanted to make sure this is right. Still get compilation errors after changing Return Zero to "Return (Package (Zero) {})" Can someone give a quick look at this? It's from 16-42 for each core. Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• SSDT.aml
    6.9 KB · Views: 141
i try the multiBeast one and a 42 overclock and i am still stuck at 16 i don't know what to do anymore...

OK honestly guys, don't copy and past my settings or just go straight to 4.8ghz you will most likely have issue/instability. Does no one read the golden rule?? ;) Do I need to remove them? They are for refrence. Even if they worked and you had a stock/basic air cooler your chip will overheat so fast it'll hit it's thermal max and shut off. Do you want that to happen ;)

As for the SSDT if the stock ones in multibeast are not working for you (at stock speeds or the OC'ed one at 4.2) there is no way mine will work. Mine really shouldn't be used though–it's an example to make sure your on the right track, I give you the instructions to edit your own, either multi-beasts or get yours from Ubuntu/Aida64.

Again Overclocking is NOT plug and play, and is NOT a simple matter of copying files/settings.

ramirorobles said:
i try the multiBeast one and a 42 overclock and i am still stuck at 16 i don't know what to do anymore...

You are probably LUCKY that your stuck at x16! Most intel chips can't do 4.8ghz without a serious water loop (as my guide says). You could easily damage your CPU! This is not a joke... What cooling are you using?

The PowerMangement is the same between Gigabyte boards and ASUS boards that have the patched BIOS. The process for over clocking is the same, the process for dealing with it in osx is the same.

Shakin_Handz said:
Just wanted to make sure this is right. Still get compilation errors after changing Return Zero to "Return (Package (Zero) {})" Can someone give a quick look at this? It's from 16-42 for each core. Thanks in advance.

Try the SSDT in multibeast for an Overclock, it's set to 4.2 and should work perfect for you without editing. Seems that there is another issue with your SSDT not related to the P-States (I'm by no means a DSDT/SSDT expert).

This is the one i have ((Corsair Hydro Series H50 High Performance Liquid CPU Cooler Liquid cooling system))

i overclock to 5.0 before and my temperatures is 72c after running prime for like 5 hours i did it just to test how far can i go but i don't need that much anymore a 4.2 is perfect for what i do....

ramirorobles said:
i overclock to 5.0 before and my temperatures is 72c after running prime for like 5 hours i did it just to test how far can i go but i don't need that much anymore a 4.2 is perfect for what i do....

5ghz? Did it throw any errors in prime95? You must have been at incredibly high voltage... If that is true.

No errors on prime and yes it was hi vcore but it was just for a test i know it is not safe all what i nees is 42

The problem that i have right now is that my processor is x16 and i ma at x42 i install the ssdt from multi beast but it is the same any ideas on how to fix that???

Dear philz, your post rocks!

I went from an i7 @ 4.3 GHz and 14K something geekbench score, to 4.8 GHz and a 16187 score.

I have an Extreme Air Cooling system: Corsair A70 HIGH-PERFORMANCE DUAL-FAN CPU Cooler

I don't have a dual boot machine, so I stressed it with Geekbench Stress Test and Prime95. ZERO ERRORS detected.

All edits was done with GA-Z68XP-UD5 BIOS, no windows utility was used here.

multiplier: 48x
DVID: +0.100v

That was it!
All my best.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2012-05-20 at 23.21.11 .png
    Screen Shot 2012-05-20 at 23.21.11 .png
    57.2 KB · Views: 424
  • Screen Shot 2012-05-20 at 23.21.18 .png
    Screen Shot 2012-05-20 at 23.21.18 .png
    44.1 KB · Views: 331
  • Screen Shot 2012-05-20 at 23.25.28 .png