Contribute
Register

[Guide] OSX 10.11.1 El Capitan on H97M-D3H - i5 4590 - HD 4600 - 2560x1080 ultra-wide screen

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm using this guide on my new build. I'll see how it works out. The only major difference I see is the motherboard, but the BIOS should not be that difficult.

Asus Z97-E/USB 3.1
Intel i5-4590
8GB Corsair DDR3-1600 RAM
CX500M Power Supply

Only problem should be USB 3.0 and 3.1.
I know there have been some problems with the USB as of El Capitan, and I was wondering if there is any kext I could load in that you could recommend, or any specific Clover Configuration, even though your motherboard does not support USB 3.1.
Did you get USB 3.0 working at all?

Thanks again for this wonderful guide.

USB 3 is working OOTB with the H97M-D3H.

Hey Guys, i need some Help.

I am Using a Gigabyte GA-H97M-D3H Motherbaord with a i7 4790K CPU and Intel 4600 Graphic Card.

I dif everything exactly like shown in this Guide. But when I boot from the Install Stick I only get a Line of "+" signs, what am i doing wron.

Already tried different USB Sticks and Ports

Can you even get to Clover menu ?
Were your USB sticks big enough ?

The Sticks I Used are Between 16 and 32GB...I get the clover menu

When I only select the usb drive i get a blank black screen, when i start the stick in verbose mode i get the line with + signs

Hum, that's weird.
If you have other drives plugged in, unplug them all. Leave only the USB and the hard-drive you'll install OSX on.

But still, on Clover, selecting your USB stick to boot should boot the installer.

Maybe you have a parameter in you BIOS which is screwing around. I'll try to make several screenshots of my BIOS so you can compare.

Thanks! I have h97m-d3h and i5 4690 with hd4600 and I have just installed El Capitan perfectly with your guide. If somebody have a problem, plug the usb in a 2.0 port and disconnect all unnecessary usb (i had behringer audio device and it crash de installation).

SOUND :

I try to follow your guide for audiobut the command file in the link doesn't work as expected.
I double clic it:
View attachment com01.tiff

hit my password and enter, but it doen't ask any thing:
View attachment com02.tiff

this doesn't exist:
- Confirm Realtek ALC892 : y
- Enable HD4600 Audio : y (this one depends on your GPU though)
- Clover ID audio injection : y
- Use audio id 1: y

What did I mess ?

oops ! efi partition was not mounted ;-)

in any way, it doesn't do anything with audio after restart! there is still "no device found"

the commnd process:
View attachment com03.tiff

any advice?

Did you set audio injection correctly in Clover Configurator ?
Audio: 1 Inject
ResetHDA

That's weird though, the script did find the correct sound chipset at launch, I didn't needed to specify it manually.

I booted without cache after installing the audio fix.

The Sticks I Used are Between 16 and 32GB...I get the clover menu

When I only select the usb drive i get a blank black screen, when i start the stick in verbose mode i get the line with + signs

I took some photos of my BIOS settings (sorry for the poor quality).

IMG_20151113_175701.jpgIMG_20151113_175632.jpgIMG_20151113_175615.jpg

oops, once more!
I have a Z93 mobo and it use alc1150 :geek:
I'll retry this week end.

Sooo Sorry :oops:

Hi i have the exact same build with your system just that i have GTX950.

I did everything the same except inject Nvidia in clover configuration, geek bench score 10820.

I just done my installation of Adobe Illustrator without any problem but having problem installing Adobe photoshop, everytime it show this error .

Can anyone help me out on this ?

Thanks !
adobeerror.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back