Contribute
Register

[Guide] OSX 10.11.1 El Capitan on H97M-D3H - i5 4590 - HD 4600 - 2560x1080 ultra-wide screen

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for this write up, was able to get 10.11.3 running on my machine in no time.

One issue I ran into that was not detailed was a reboot loop while the installer was loading. I had my GTX960 installed, and was booting with "nv_disable=1" but turns out the Intel graphics had to also be enabled(which I don't remember ever disabling). Quick BIOS change and it was smooth sailing from there. Only thing I did different was installing the ALC892 kext with MultiBeast.

Wifi worked out-of-the-box with my TL-WDN4800 which was a pleasant surprise :p

What are your boot times like with your SSD?

Thanks for this write up, was able to get 10.11.3 running on my machine in no time.

One issue I ran into that was not detailed was a reboot loop while the installer was loading. I had my GTX960 installed, and was booting with "nv_disable=1" but turns out the Intel graphics had to also be enabled(which I don't remember ever disabling). Quick BIOS change and it was smooth sailing from there. Only thing I did different was installing the ALC892 kext with MultiBeast.

Yeah, I think it's easier to install OSX without the graphic card plugged in. Once OSX is working, you just have to install Nvidia web drivers, shutdown, install the graphic card, make sure it's configured in the bios, boot OSX and you're done.

Regarding the booting time, from Clover to osx login screen, I get 17 seconds. No idea if that's good or bad, but it's fast enough for me. Plus the SSD I have isn't really known for good performance.

Thank you so much for this guide. I built my setup based on this guide and everything works except I'm having a sleep/wake issue in which the computer will reboot in the middle of the night after a few hours. Have you run into this issue by any chance ? Thanks!

Thank you so much for this guide. I built my setup based on this guide and everything works except I'm having a sleep/wake issue in which the computer will reboot in the middle of the night after a few hours. Have you run into this issue by any chance ? Thanks!

I have no issue at all with sleep here. My PC has not beed rebooted for a week now and everything is working :headbang:

I have no issue at all with sleep here. My PC has not beed rebooted for a week now and everything is working :headbang:

Good to know it's possible! I'm stumped. Maybe I'll just have to retry reinstalling the OS and deleting my efi clover folder

So you plugged in the screen on Nvidia card and you disable it using nv_disable=1. How you enabled your Intel card? I don't know what are you referring for, sorry.

hello! i have h97m-d3h with 8 gb ballistix sport and i5 4460 but there is problem with installation.
Loading bar with apple logo was full charged but i can't go to the nex step.
do you have any idea?
thanks!
~

Attachments

• 20160331_183417.jpg
    20160331_183417.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 138
Hi,
did you solved this issue? i have the same problem in the middle of night or day is wake from sleep and after 10 sec. or so it go to sleep again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back