Contribute
Register

[GUIDE] OC Monterey Acer Nitro 5 AN515-52 + Core i7 8750H + Samsung 1TB 960 EVO PCIE NVME

Another option. Make a Catalina installer, install that and then upgrade to Monterey with InstallAssitan.pkg.
Wow! I never knew that I can update it!
Setup Catalina first, you can always upgrade after
Thanks ! I almost gave up!

When upgrading, no need of replacing the kexts files right? And how much can I upgrade and hope to work? Ventura?

Wow! I never knew that I can update it!

Thanks ! I almost gave up!

When upgrading, no need of replacing the kexts files right? And how much can I upgrade and hope to work? Ventura?
please read the faq for proper hardware profile setup:

as long as your kexts are updated to the latest, should be fine for Ventura

I guess I'm struggling.... I do have to make my own EFI as the guidelines if I install catelina right? Can't use any provided EFI files?

So I should make these changes and boot (No need to worry about kexts files? ):

"
Coffee Lake and Whisky Lake
Booter Quirks:

enable:
RebuildAppleMemoryMap
SyncRuntimePermissions

disable:
EnableWriteUnprotector

Device Properties - Add - PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x2,0x0)
AAPL,ig-platform-id -> 0900A53E (for UHD630)
AAPL,ig-platform-id -> 00009B3E (for UHD620)

may also need a:
device-id -> 9B3E0000

kernel - quirks:
enable:
DisableIoMapper
PanicNoKextDump
PowerTimeoutKernelPanic

SystemProductName:
MacBookPro15,2

UEFI -> Quirks:
enable:
ReleaseUsbOwnership"

I guess I'm struggling.... I do have to make my own EFI as the guidelines if I install catelina right? Can't use any provided EFI files?

So I should make these changes and boot (No need to worry about kexts files? ):

"
Coffee Lake and Whisky Lake
Booter Quirks:

enable:
RebuildAppleMemoryMap
SyncRuntimePermissions

disable:
EnableWriteUnprotector

Device Properties - Add - PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x2,0x0)
AAPL,ig-platform-id -> 0900A53E (for UHD630)
AAPL,ig-platform-id -> 00009B3E (for UHD620)

may also need a:
device-id -> 9B3E0000

kernel - quirks:
enable:
DisableIoMapper
PanicNoKextDump
PowerTimeoutKernelPanic

SystemProductName:
MacBookPro15,2

UEFI -> Quirks:
enable:
ReleaseUsbOwnership"
I did everything it explained.... Downloaded, made bootable, replaced the EFI, edited the plist, did not touch any kexts files... Changed every UEFI settings available but when I booted to the USB, it's just a black screen. And stays there.... after few minutes, automatically rebooted....

I did everything it explained.... Downloaded, made bootable, replaced the EFI, edited the plist, did not touch any kexts files... Changed every UEFI settings available but when I booted to the USB, it's just a black screen. And stays there.... after few minutes, automatically rebooted....
This time got a log:

Code:
00:000 00:000 OC: Boot failed - Invalid Parameter
00:033 00:033 OCB: StartImage failed - Invalid Parameter

I'm lost.

Attachments

• E.zip
    4.9 MB · Views: 9
This time got a log:

Code:
00:000 00:000 OC: Boot failed - Invalid Parameter
00:033 00:033 OCB: StartImage failed - Invalid Parameter

I'm lost.

One problem booting will be caused by the mysterious "boot" file in the root of your EFI partition alongside your EFI folder. OpenCore will get confused by it, as it normally uses the one in EFI/Boot/

( "Duetx64" could be a part of another system such as Developers UEFI Emulation. Should not be there anyway. Not sure how it did? )

You are not running in a VM are you?

One problem booting will be caused by the mysterious "boot" file in the root of your EFI partition alongside your EFI folder. OpenCore will get confused by it, as it normally uses the one in EFI/Boot/

( "Duetx64" could be a part of another system such as Developers UEFI Emulation. Should not be there anyway. Not sure how it did? )

You are not running in a VM are you?
I'm not on a VM.... Just alongside windows.... I do have that mysterious boot file... Should I get rid off it or move?

I'm not on a VM.... Just alongside windows.... I do have that mysterious boot file... Should I get rid off it or move?

Well, make a back up first, but I would remove it and test booting.

There are ways to dual-boot but setting up OpenCore to do it or using the BIOS are safer.

See if the test makes a difference. If not we can try other things ...

Well, make a back up first, but I would remove it and test booting.

There are ways to dual-boot but setting up OpenCore to do it or using the BIOS are safer.

See if the test makes a difference. If not we can try other things ...
Ya ya.... I once did following a random video but almost half of the device was broken.... BIOS seems easier for me.... Will try my best....

BUT< Don't I have to copy the recovery 500MB ish file to somewhere other than making the EFI directory?

Ya ya.... I once did following a random video but almost half of the device was broken.... BIOS seems easier for me.... Will try my best....

BUT< Don't I have to copy the recovery 500MB ish file to somewhere other than making the EFI directory?

You said in post #13 that you had the 11.5GB Monterey installer.

Create your Install USB using the Guides @Feartech pointed you to.

Fix your EFI folder as explained above.

Install macOS on the target drive.

Back