Contribute
Register

[GUIDE] OC 10.13.6 Z490 Gigabyte Aorus Xtreme + Core i5 10400 / i9 11900K + Nvidia GTX 1060

Hey Mate, I managed to get my 11th gen to finally boot with igpu but no acceleration, it shows 7mb and after some changes only managed to get it to 31mb. Can i send the PCIE philst and snapshot from hackintool, looks like with a little bit of work it might get going.
Glad to hear (what did you use?), but I'm afraid not. The Opencore guys (Dortania) have stated Z590 Rocket Lake IGPU hardware acceleration currently does not work with any setup. That's because macOS doesn't have the codes in place to support Rocket Lake chipsets. Also DRM is currently broken in Big Sur with Whatevergreen patches. Exceptions to this is Comet Lake Z490 which works fully either Catalina 10.15.7 or with CPU spoofing (10.15.6 or prior OSes).

That said, you are welcome to test spoofing of the CPU and GPU to either Comet Lake or Ice Lake to see if that improves. You will have to alter the CPUID1Data value to something like EC060900 for Comet Lake and use a AAPL,ig-platform-id like 00001259 (Coffee Lake). For Ice Lake device-ids refer to the post here > https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/intel-nuc11-and-11th-gen-cpu.313525/page-4

Don't forget the macOS versions that support Comet Lake are Catalina 10.15.7 onwards.

This is what is being transmitted so far, I understand it would not work but hey worth giving it a shot
View attachment 521941
That looks pretty good going!

Okay so I've had a peak at your file - you don't seem to have the Nvidia card installed. Did you remove it? As it is still supported by Big Sur.

Anyways for the Intel IGPU only see if 010005FF or 070005FF works for your AAPL,ig-platform-id.
You may also need to change the device-id appropriate value here ie. 05FF0001 or 05FF0007 depending on your connector. If you want to add the Nvidia as main GPU and use Intel as headless (computational only) you will need to use 030005FF as ig-platform-id and 05FF0003 as device-id.

For the boot-args, you may try igfxfw=2 and igfxonln=1 for enabling the Intel IGPU.

Okay so I've had a peak at your file - you don't seem to have the Nvidia card installed. Did you remove it? As it is still supported by Big Sur.

Anyways for the Intel IGPU only see if 010005FF or 070005FF works for your AAPL,ig-platform-id.
You may also need to change the device-id appropriate value here ie. 05FF0001 or 05FF0007 depending on your connector. If you want to add the Nvidia as main GPU and use Intel as headless (computational only) you will need to use 030005FF as ig-platform-id and 05FF0003 as device-id.

For the boot-args, you may try igfxfw=2 and igfxonln=1 for enabling the Intel IGPU.
Thanks, will give that a try when back from gym.

I just thought to give all some advice for those who want to use my latest EFI to boot Big Sur 11.4. You may need to re-enable USBInjectall, SSDT-UIAC and XhciPortLimit and disable USBMap.kext to enable the EFI to boot properly. If you still have issues, also try disabling the Airportbrcmfixup.kext.

Hi Mate, Well we tried. No matter what changes I make if it boots there is no graphics acceleration. I am going to leave it with the Nvidia card. What I did notice is that with the Nvidia card installed it would not boot, only if I remove the card even If I change bios to show cpu graphics only, strange. I also have an AMD AX7870 graphics card that I want to put in and remove the Nvidia as I do not get HEVC and H264 acceleration with Nvidia. Do you you if this AMD would work and give me what I am looking for.

Hi Mate, Well we tried. No matter what changes I make if it boots there is no graphics acceleration. I am going to leave it with the Nvidia card. What I did notice is that with the Nvidia card installed it would not boot, only if I remove the card even If I change bios to show cpu graphics only, strange. I also have an AMD AX7870 graphics card that I want to put in and remove the Nvidia as I do not get HEVC and H264 acceleration with Nvidia. Do you you if this AMD would work and give me what I am looking for.
Okay, I see what your issue is.

If you want to boot with the Nvidia as the main unit, you have to set the BIOS setting to PCIe Slot 1.
This also applies if you decide to also use the IGPU for computational work. The only time you change it back to IGPU in BIOS is if you only want the IGPU as a main unit and have the Nvidia removed.

Second, you have to be very specific with your device-id connector settings - if you take a card out, it has to change to reflect what has occurred. If you want to use the IGPU HDMI output as 2nd output you need to set AAPL,ig-platform-id to 00008A4C. If you want it as headless (computational only) with Nvidia set as main HDMI output you must set it to 03008A4C. But when you change this value, it also has to be reflected with the device-id (which would have to change to either 8A4C0000 or 8A4C0003). In addition you must always have the framebuffer-fbmem, stolenmem and unifiedmem settings in place. If your system detects it doesn't have enough RAM, the hardware acceleration won't work.

For the Intel IGPU to work you could also try adding this boot-arg in your config.plist which is helpful for Comet Lake and Ice Lake platforms > -igfxdvmt which is helpful in allocating the correct DVMT memory to the IGPU.

As for the AMD HD7870 card, yes that should work with macOS. If it works natively, you won't need to add anything other than basic device properties. You'll likely need to use either radpg=15 boot-arg for booting Catalina or agdpmod=pikera for Big Sur.

@suren6791,

One more thing, add igfxonln=1 as your boot-arg, and make sure you are using my latest EFI with the fully patched device properties list that contains the framebuffer-con settings.

@suren6791,

One more thing, add igfxonln=1 as your boot-arg, and make sure you are using my latest EFI with the fully patched device properties list that contains the framebuffer-con settings.
Mate, I really appreciate your help in trying to get this off the ground. below is what I tried booting with which only worked when I removed the Nvidia card but as you said I need to set the card as Pcie slot 1. I basically would prefer to only use IGPU and have no graphics card as I don't feel the need for it but if I HAVE to have the graphics card then I would like H265 to work which is a major + for me because of my drone editing videos.

Mate, I really appreciate your help in trying to get this off the ground. below is what I tried booting with which only worked when I removed the Nvidia card but as you said I need to set the card as Pcie slot 1. I basically would prefer to only use IGPU and have no graphics card as I don't feel the need for it but if I HAVE to have the graphics card then I would like H265 to work which is a major + for me because of my drone editing videos.
Sorry, forgot to paste this
1623992013200.png

Sorry, forgot to paste this
View attachment 522045
I see. Try and change it to 030005FF and 05FF0003 respectively and see if that helps.
But I see you still haven't added in my framebuffer-con settings either (which should be like this).

Screen Shot 2021-06-18 at 1.02.19 PM.png

You're welcome :D

Back