Contribute
Register

[GUIDE] OC 10.13.6 Z490 Gigabyte Aorus Xtreme + Core i5 10400 / i9 11900K + Nvidia GTX 1060

Also remove Airportbrcmfixup.kext - you don’t have a wireless card in your system.

Also remove Airportbrcmfixup.kext - you don’t have a wireless card in your system.
remove Airportbrcmfixup.kext, FakePCIID.kext, SMCSuperIO.kext and made edits config.plist, again error:

Attachments

• IMG_9444.JPEG
    IMG_9444.JPEG
    1 MB · Views: 41
remove Airportbrcmfixup.kext, FakePCIID.kext, SMCSuperIO.kext and made edits config.plist, again error:
According to your screen it looks like the airportbrcmfixup is still being loaded. Have you presses space bar and used ResetNVRAM before loading the EFI?

According to your screen it looks like the airportbrcmfixup is still being loaded. Have you presses space bar and used ResetNVRAM before loading the EFI?
yes, no results((((

Attachments

• IMG_9445.JPEG
    IMG_9445.JPEG
    269.5 KB · Views: 37
  • myEFI.rar
    7.5 MB · Views: 34
yes, no results((((
Looks like you'll have to abandon booting from High Sierra then and go with Catalina 10.15.7 or Big Sur (as mentioned by Ochang).

To boot the Catalina, remove the CPUID1Data & CPUID1Mask and make them empty. Also remove shikigva=256 and replace with nvda_drv_vrl=1 in boot-args if using Nvidia. You may need to use SMBIOS iMac19,1.

If booting with Big Sur, go for 11.2 install initially, remove nvda_drv_vrl=1 and use iMac20,2 as the SMBIOS setting. Oh and don't forget the GPU device-id changes from 923E to 9BC8 for Big Sur.

Not to forget, to boot Big Sur you may need to use USBPorts.kext only for enabling the USB.

Looks like you'll have to abandon booting from High Sierra then and go with Catalina 10.15.7 or Big Sur (as mentioned by Ochang).

To boot the Catalina, remove the CPUID1Data & CPUID1Mask and make them empty. Also remove shikigva=256 and replace with nvda_drv_vrl=1 in boot-args if using Nvidia. You may need to use SMBIOS iMac19,1.

If booting with Big Sur, go for 11.2 install initially, remove nvda_drv_vrl=1 and use iMac20,2 as the SMBIOS setting. Oh and don't forget the GPU device-id changes from 923E to 9BC8 for Big Sur.
but Catalina doesn't support nvidia graphics cards?

but Catalina doesn't support nvidia graphics cards?
No, it will still run in VESA mode but just not accelerated. There are also versions of Nvidia cards such as the GT670-GT710 which will boot up even in Catalina & Big Sur no problem because their drivers are natively supported. It is only the Pascal and later versions which aren't fully supported.

Nope. Replacing the motherboard won't solve the issue. Your H470 motherboard is compatible. You cannot just rely purely on my guide to get you there, because my guide is for my setup which could slightly differ from yours. I can direct you to another guide here if you wish for H470 > https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/success-h470-10400-rx580-11-2-2.310920/ but you must try and diagnose the issue if you can (because I can only do so much for you). You can work 'backwards' from Big Sur. The best way to this would be: get it working in Big Sur first (so that you know it runs), and then using Propertree, compare the two lists from both EFI folders (H470 Big Sur and Z490 High Sierra), see what is different in each and then use that to gradually eliminate the issues. Make it a challenge to get it working.
In the end, I was able to install High Sierra. It has been simpler than I expected. I have taken my EFI from Catalina and the only thing that I have changed has been the type of computer (iMac 18,3) and its numbers and the Cpuid1Data and Cpuid1Mask, and it has worked the first time !! everything is perfect.
Thanks

Attachments

• HS_OK.jpg
    HS_OK.jpg
    153.3 KB · Views: 76
Back