Contribute
Register

Guide: MultiBooting UEFI

Change Boot Control device to UEFI only, then install Windows. Boot Clover USB to OS X desktop, re-install Clover and rename the windows boot file.

Sry for the late answer. After setting up all the settings for my hackintosh I finally installed Windows. I thought it would kill/overwrite the clover bootloader. but no. It was everything perfectly for me after just installing windows 10.
Clover was still working and recognized the windows "own"(?) efi partition from which I could boot.

Thank you anyway for the support. Keep it going! :clap:

I was able to install Sierra on my 260gig Solid State, however I'm not able to install windows 10 on the same drive so I can do a dual boot. I've tried to do this 4 different methods.

I first tired installing Sierra first on the MAC partitioned hard drive (partitioned in half using fat32 for the windows partition and Journaled for the other). Sierra installed just fine, however I couldn't get Windows 10 to install on the second partition. I deleted the partition that was made for windows using the windows installer and then tried to install windows 10 on it. It would give me an error (Code: 0xC000005).

Second time I tried installing windows first and then partitioned the drive in half and then used dparted live to make the Mac partition HSF+ and then tried installing Sierra on it. It didn't work. It gave me an error.

The third and 4 times I tried installing Sierra first and used dparted live to partition the windows drive as unallocated and (4th try) fat32. I received the same 0xC0000005 error.

Once I get everything running correctly, I'll update a new thread I made for my build with all the steps I took so someone else might be able to benefit from it. I've found that some of these threads are hard to follow because there is soo much going on and I'm a newbie to all this so it all gets confusing for me. I appreciate all you guys do for this community! Without forums like this, people like me wouldn't even know where to start.

I was able to install Sierra on my 260gig Solid State, however I'm not able to install windows 10 on the same drive so I can do a dual boot. I've tried to do this 4 different methods.

I first tired installing Sierra first on the MAC partitioned hard drive (partitioned in half using fat32 for the windows partition and Journaled for the other). Sierra installed just fine, however I couldn't get Windows 10 to install on the second partition. I deleted the partition that was made for windows using the windows installer and then tried to install windows 10 on it. It would give me an error (Code: 0xC000005).

Second time I tried installing windows first and then partitioned the drive in half and then used dparted live to make the Mac partition HSF+ and then tried installing Sierra on it. It didn't work. It gave me an error.

The third and 4 times I tried installing Sierra first and used dparted live to partition the windows drive as unallocated and (4th try) fat32. I received the same 0xC0000005 error.

Once I get everything running correctly, I'll update a new thread I made for my build with all the steps I took so someone else might be able to benefit from it. I've found that some of these threads are hard to follow because there is soo much going on and I'm a newbie to all this so it all gets confusing for me. I appreciate all you guys do for this community! Without forums like this, people like me wouldn't even know where to start.

You are right there is so much in this community, so hard to follow, but hats off to this guys, they are doing outstanding jobs. And thanks for a wonderful message.

Muy buena explicación, muchas gracias

Thanks, Going Bald!

I followed your guide and have a triple booting laptop now. The most painful install was unquestionably Windows 10 due to the buggy update process that put me in an update loop of one update. It took hours before it fixed itself...

Hello guys, I installed Mac OS X Sierra on my Dell inspiron 5537 and I'm trying to dualboot it with Centos 7. I can boot into both OSes if I change the partition on the boot, as clover is not listing the linux install. They're installed as UEFI, and my partition scheme is:
  • /dev/sda1 - > EFI System ( Clover )
  • /dev/sda2 -> OS X Sierra
  • /dev/sda3 -> Apple Boot
  • /dev/sda4 -> EFI System ( Grub-efi )
  • /dev/sda5 -> Linux LVM ( Centos 7 )
I am a noob at hackintosh, and this is actually my first try. I searched how to add entries to clover, and downloaded clover configurator, tried using the GUI option to change the config.plist but it wasn't successful. Anyone got an insight on what may be I be doing wrong? Thanks !

You need one EFI partition only. Linux efi boot folder/file should be in the same EFI partition/EFI folder as Clover.
See post #1

Thanks for the reply! I tried to follow post one, however since I already have grub installed, I am not being able to change it's installation path. Since I can boot it from changing boot priority, I guess I'll just leave it this way. Still, thanks for the help!

I'm not able to install Windows 10 for some reason. I followed the steps to create 2 equal sized GPT JHFS+ partitions, and installed Sierra on the first one without issue. When I try to install windows through a Boot CAmp Assistant created installer USB, i first get an error "Windows could not prepare the computer to boot into the next phase of installation. to install windows, restart the installation." when i restart, i can see that partitions have been created, but when i try to install again, i get a new error: "Windows detected that the EFI system partition was formatted as NTFS. Format the EFI system partition as FAT32, and restart the installation". I tried formatting the EFI partitions, but it just brings that error up again. Any suggestions for how to resolve?

Attachments

• 1- Disk Pre-installer.jpg
    1- Disk Pre-installer.jpg
    3.8 MB · Views: 227
  • 2 - Error 1.jpg
    2 - Error 1.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 586
  • 3 - Disk Post-installer.jpg
    3 - Disk Post-installer.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 229
  • 4 - Disk Post-installer pt 2.jpg
    4 - Disk Post-installer pt 2.jpg