Contribute
Register

Guide: MultiBooting UEFI

Expand Boot Configuration and CSM support options and post pic.
20170212_124816_resized.jpg

20170212_124829_resized.jpg

Have you tried Bbot to OS X, re-install Clover UEFI to SSD?
Yes. Nothing changed.

After that I have formated the SSD again and installed OSX first and installed Clover with multibeast first without installing Windows 10 yet. Now I have Clover as working Bootloader on my SSD. If I now install Windows the bootloader will be overwritten with the windows bootloader isnt it? How can I make it work from here on that I install a working Clover bootloader afterwards correctly?

Change Boot Control device to UEFI only, then install Windows. Boot Clover USB to OS X desktop, re-install Clover and rename the windows boot file.

Thanks. Are there any specific things I should look out for and not do when trying to install, things that might ruin my OSX install? Will Windows overwrite Clover and the EFI partition? Install new MSR partition?

I cannot install Windows. The installer says Windows cannot install to the disk, since it contains a MBR partitition table. It must be installed to a GPT disk. But the disk cannot possibly contain a MBR partition table, since it's the disk I have OS X on (and the only disk in my laptop.

I can see the partitions and the partition I made, and I can delete it to create allocated space... but I cannot install to it.

Suggestions?

Last edited:
I cannot install Windows. The installer says Windows cannot install to the disk, since it contains a MBR partitition table. It must be installed to a GPT disk. But the disk cannot possibly contain a MBR partition table, since it's the disk I have OS X on (and the only disk in my laptop.

Suggestions?
Partition for Windows was improperly created/formatted.
Boot OS X, launch disk utility, delete the Windows partition. Extend the OS X partition to include the free space, exit disk utility.
Reboot to OS X, launch disk utility, shrink OS X partition to leave room for a Windows partition, format as if for OS X. Shutdown.
Boot Win10 installer, select Windows partition, format it, install Windows

Boot OS X, launch disk utility, delete the Windows partition. Extend the OS X partition to include the free space, exit disk utility.
Reboot to OS X, launch disk utility, shrink OS X partition to leave room for a Windows partition, format as if for OS X. Shutdown.
Will try ASAP!

It's working.

I copied the EFI folder in /EFI before I launched the Windows install. I have a USB to boot from, of course. After install is done, can I boot to OSX from USB and then copy over all the old files to /EFI/? I will rename the Microsoft bootloader as well. Or do I have to actually run a Clover install package?

It's working.

I copied the EFI folder in /EFI before I launched the Windows install. I have a USB to boot from, of course. After install is done, can I boot to OSX from USB and then copy over all the old files to /EFI/? I will rename the Microsoft bootloader as well. Or do I have to actually run a Clover install package?
See post 1

It is actually recommended and preferred to install OS X on separate SSD/HDD from Windows or Linux. I wrote this guide mainly because people kept asking how to install on a single drive and it sort of reprises the Snow Leopard Win7 Ubuntu triple boot guide I wrote years ago ( http://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-multibooting-for-the-novice-updated-3-12-see-log.18658/ ).

Just install your OS X-to-be drive, boot the USB installer, format your OS X-to-be drive (being very careful not to format the Win10 drive by mistake - do not laugh, it has happened - and install OS X. Or disconnect the Win10/Media drives first.
If you want to choose the OS to boot from a boot loader, make the OS X drive first in BBS boot order.

Actually I have a problem,

I want to dual boot Mac OS El Capitan with My Windows 7.

I have two choices for installing Mac OS El Capitan.
Either in My ASUSTek Laptop, or in seperate SeaGate 1 TB Hard Drive.
As @Going Bald said that it is recomanded to linstall Mac OS El Capitan in Seperate drive. It is good I will try that one most probably first, rather than to install in my Hard Drive of ASUSTek Laptop.

The problem is the pendrive I made bootable with Mac OS El Capiatn by Unibeast, is not recognized by My BIOS.

I set the preferences in Boot order but I did not set the BBS boot order.

Let me change the BBS Boot order and try it agin.

Actually I have a problem,

I want to dual boot Mac OS El Capitan with My Windows 7.

I have two choices for installing Mac OS El Capitan.
Either in My ASUSTek Laptop, or in seperate SeaGate 1 TB Hard Drive.
As @Going Bald said that it is recomanded to linstall Mac OS El Capitan in Seperate drive. It is good I will try that one most probably first, rather than to install in my Hard Drive of ASUSTek Laptop.

The problem is the pendrive I made bootable with Mac OS El Capiatn by Unibeast, is not recognized by My BIOS.

I set the preferences in Boot order but I did not set the BBS boot order.

Let me change the BBS Boot order and try it agin.

I set the BBS boot order, still I can not boot from my USB drive.
I have a 32 GB USB drive with two partitions, 15 -15 GB both, one is empty, and one I loaded with Unibeast Mac OS El Capitan.
Because I have two partition, that can be reason.
Tomorrow I will load with UNibeast Mac OS El Capitan with only one partition.
Let see how it goes.

Thanks @Going Bal

Back