Contribute
Register

Guide: MultiBooting UEFI

I read through this thread but it appears that most instructions are clover specific. I'm trying to dual or even triple boot a Dell 5379 which will share the same 1tb ssd. Is there a way to do this without disrupting current Big Sur installation?

I read through this thread but it appears that most instructions are clover specific. I'm trying to dual or even triple boot a Dell 5379 which will share the same 1tb ssd. Is there a way to do this without disrupting current Big Sur installation?
Use separate SSD/HDD - trying to use same drive for all OS's can be done, but only with a great deal of effort. For any version of Mac OS later then High Sierra use OpenCore as boot loader. There are specific entries into the boot loader to allow you to multi-boot, but they do not always work after you have updated any one OS (also something that may corrupt one of the other OS's and break the boot loader), the entry working with one version of the OS not working with the next due to changes in coding within the OS boot files even if OC still boots to the selection screen.

Do your research on the SSD and see if you can find a comparative review OCZ vs Samsung. Yes, you can keep the Windows without need to re-install. Double check Windows installation - if it is installed Legacy Mode, install Clover Legacy Mode. If it is installed UEFI mode, install CLover UEFI mode.
Hello,

I successfully upgraded my Hackintosh system to High Sierra. I now have two SSD boot drives, one for Mac OS (GSATA3 - port 6) and the other for Win 10 (GSATA2 - port 9). The issue is that the Win 10 SSD drive appears in Clover but it is not bootable from Clover.

I also have another SSD drive installed for my Mac files (GSATA3 - port 7), plus two HDD's for Win files and Win backup (SATA2 - ports 3&5).

I'm using Clover 4961.

I'm wondering if there might be a fix for this issue? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Hello,

I successfully upgraded my Hackintosh system to High Sierra. I now have two SSD boot drives, one for Mac OS (GSATA3 - port 6) and the other for Win 10 (GSATA2 - port 9). The issue is that the Win 10 SSD drive appears in Clover but it is not bootable from Clover.

I also have another SSD drive installed for my Mac files (GSATA3 - port 7), plus two HDD's for Win files and Win backup (SATA2 - ports 3&5).

I'm using Clover 4961.

I'm wondering if there might be a fix for this issue? Any help would be greatly appreciated!
launch disk utility, select windows drive, post pic of DU screen

windows drive, pic of DU screen...

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2023-09-16 at 10.29.39 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2023-09-16 at 10.29.39 AM.png
    137.3 KB · Views: 19
windows drive, pic of DU screen...
Win 10 is installed MBR - not UEFI.
You might go back and look at the legacy system installation guide.

Back