Contribute
Register

Guide: Multibooting UEFI on Separate Drives

I have tried Clover but Clover attack my system settings and i gave up of it.
So, right now i have installe eEFInd andgive it the end of my headache!!!

rEFInd do it just i wish and do it extra, so it have my recommendation!!!

TNX VERY MUCH :)

Was wondering if someone could clarify something for me. I currently have win 10 installed on my main drive. I want to go in and add a second drive and load Mac OS on to it. Is it as simple as booting from a usb and using unibeast to install on the second drive, then post the mac drive as the first in the boot sequence?

Was wondering if someone could clarify something for me. I currently have win 10 installed on my main drive. I want to go in and add a second drive and load Mac OS on to it. Is it as simple as booting from a usb and using unibeast to install on the second drive, then post the mac drive as the first in the boot sequence?
Yes, with the caveat that you need to determine if Windows is installed Legacy or UEFI mode before installing the OS X boot loader. If Windows is installed Legacy mode install Clover Legacy mode. If Windows is installed UEFI, install Clover UEFI.

Yes, with the caveat that you need to determine if Windows is installed Legacy or UEFI mode before installing the OS X boot loader. If Windows is installed Legacy mode install Clover Legacy mode. If Windows is installed UEFI, install Clover UEFI.
I have a similar question to him. I already have a UEFI Windows installation on an SSD, and I bought an HDD to install Sierra on to. Can I have both drives connected when installing macOS, or should I just leave the one where I'm planning to install it on plugged in? If I do have the Windows drive unplugged, can I still set it up for dual booting later? Any issues with it being UEFI?

Thanks!

I have a similar question to him. I already have a UEFI Windows installation on an SSD, and I bought an HDD to install Sierra on to. Can I have both drives connected when installing macOS, or should I just leave the one where I'm planning to install it on plugged in? If I do have the Windows drive unplugged, can I still set it up for dual booting later? Any issues with it being UEFI?

Thanks!
See post #1

See post #1
I read the post, but it seems to be guiding on how to format a disk to install Windows on first, but I already have Windows set up and running. Do I need to start fresh, or can I just boot my Sierra USB and install it on another clean drive? I'm just wondering if it matters if the Windows 10 drive is connected while installing Sierra.

I read the post, but it seems to be guiding on how to format a disk to install Windows on first, but I already have Windows set up and running. Do I need to start fresh, or can I just boot my Sierra USB and install it on another clean drive? I'm just wondering if it matters if the Windows 10 drive is connected while installing Sierra.
Then you did not read it all. Link to OS X install guide is right after Win10 install. You can leave the Win10 connected if you are sure you can tell the difference between the Win10 drive and your OS X drive. When using identical drives it is best to disconnect the Windows drive to avoid formatting it instead of your OS X-to-be drive. Do not laugh - this has happened in the past and users have posted the question "I accidently formatted my Windows drive. Is there any way to recover it?"
Whether you leave it connected or disconnect is up to you.

Then you did not read it all. Link to OS X install guide is right after Win10 install. You can leave the Win10 connected if you are sure you can tell the difference between the Win10 drive and your OS X drive. When using identical drives it is best to disconnect the Windows drive to avoid formatting it instead of your OS X-to-be drive. Do not laugh - this has happened in the past and users have posted the question "I accidently formatted my Windows drive. Is there any way to recover it?"
Whether you leave it connected or disconnect is up to you.
Apologies, I'm not that well versed into installing other OS that aren't Windows.
To confirm something I've been wondering about, this guide is to set up Clover to allow me to choose which OS to boot into, correct? Instead, can I just install macOS as normal on a fresh SSD, while leaving the one with my Windows installation unplugged, and then just pressing F8 (or similar) on boot to choose my boot device later on to go to either Windows or Sierra, by choosing the appropriate SSD? Would that still work considering both would be installed as UEFI? That would be a lot easier for my use case.

Yes, you can do that if you wish.

If you were booting Ubuntu before then you would need to look at what the differences are in your current version of Clover.
View attachment 205554 View attachment 205555
There is something I'm not understanding about Clover EFI, I am trying to install ubuntu 16.04 after successfully install Sierra, but at my bios there is this option to boot from USB but load clover screen and boots in Sierra, can you help me please?

Back