Contribute
Register

Guide: Multibooting UEFI on Separate Drives

I had done some patching in my OSX thumb config.plist to allow for NVMe functionality. Would installing Windows make changes to my config file that would affect the install config functions?

nice quide.thank you.i done it.win 10 + ubuntu 16.04 in the same drive and el capitan in seperate .thanks a lot

I had done some patching in my OSX thumb config.plist to allow for NVMe functionality. Would installing Windows make changes to my config file that would affect the install config functions?
No. Config functions for OS X are not touched by the Windows boot files/processes.

Thank you so much for this guide, I just successfully installed Windows 10!

There is just one hiccup that I noticed when booting back to my Capitan drive; my ram is now reading at half the value - 32gigs @3200mhz (before it was 64gigs @3200mhz).

Would you happen to know what went wrong or could someone point me in the right direction to fix this issue. Any help is greatly appreciated!

What do I have to do if I want to install Windows 10 on a drive and os x + Ubuntu on another drive? (1 os on one drive and 2 os' on the other one)
Thanks in advance

me i have win 10 + ubuntu in ssd and el cap in another hdd.first install el cap in 1 drive disconect put the 2 drive and install win + ubuntu.then plug the 1 st drive and from bios check to boot
1 mac
2 win
3 ubuntu

What is CSM ??

To get the Mac install to start up I had to first set the suggested BIOS settings for Mac.

STEP 3: Recommended BIOS Settings
If you're installing on a recommended CustoMac desktop with AMI UEFI BIOS, the options are simple. For other systems make sure to set your BIOS to Optimized Defaults, and your hard drive to AHCI mode. Here are standard AMI UEFI BIOS settings for Gigabyte AMI UEFI BIOS, Gigabyte AWARD BIOS, ASUS AMI UEFI BIOS, and MSI AMI UEFI BIOS.

1. To access BIOS/UEFI Setup, press and hold Delete on a USB Keyboard while the system is booting up
2. Load Optimized Defaults
3. If your CPU supports VT-d, disable it
4. If your system has CFG-Lock, disable it
5. If your system has Secure Boot Mode, disable it
6. Set OS Type to Other OS
7. If your system has IO SerialPort, disable it
8. Set XHCI Handoff to Enabled
9. If you have a 6 series or x58 system with AWARD BIOS, disable USB 3.0
10. Save and exit.

found here -> https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...ierra-on-any-supported-intel-based-pc.200564/

Back