Contribute
Register

[Guide] MSI PS63 Modern using Clover UEFI

Status
Not open for further replies.
I tried, but unfortunately it doesn't work :(
Oups. Maybe because you don’t have the Framebuffer patching responsible for the HDMI ports.
Devices/Properties/PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x2,0x0)
Read this:

Oups. Maybe because you don’t have the Framebuffer patching responsible for the HDMI ports.
Devices/Properties/PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x2,0x0)
Read this:

i've reinstalled from zero (you can download my new folder, v2.0_PostInstall).. but HDMI doesn't work anyway. I've seen on windows and the port should be connected to the cpu and not with the nvidia card. I wouldn't want to be wrong.
only USB-c HDMI works with audio.

Another problem is with my ALC298 audio driver that is unusable with headphones (too croaking)

EDIT: audio semi-fixed.. @Bucaro I'll upload the first topic, but now I can say that ALL working :mrgreen:

Last edited:
First post uploaded, I recommend to all to use my folder v2.0_PostInstall for Clover and Kexts that must be installed in L/E.

Also I've uploaded a method for fix headphone audio

Thanks to all!

I’ve upload all files, with new Clover folder with HDMI port fix and Headphones fix inside.
It should be all working at the first time installation

Thanks again to @GeneralDS and @Bucaro

Great post and good guide.
Nice job, @Gius96

@Bucaro

For the SystemUpdate question:
I made the last update using the flash drive, but I think the solution is simply to set in config.plist inject kext to Detect (install CodecCommander in L/E, works)
and put inside the EFI/CLOVER/kexts/other folder this kexts:
- Lilu
- WhateverGreen
- VoodooPS2Controller (the unmodified version, also containing the kext for the base trackpad inside)
- VirtualSMC package

In recovery mode all works well without usb-installer flash drive, so I think it will be fine also for updates.

(EDIT: after system update, I've boot macOS from SSD, and I've no problems with kexts installed in L/E.. all works well, without any problems. I've needed the usb stick only for doing the update, because before my kext/others folder was empty)

Some updates:

I've adjust all USB ports, removed Bluetooth port, Fingerprint and microSD card (not working for me..so I've disabled it because it cause Wake from Sleep problems)
Replace kext in L/E and DSDT and other files in ACPI/patched folder in your EFI partition.

DSDT is fixed for enable discrete graphics before going to sleep (and disable when wake up)

I'll upload the main topic as soon as possible with new files.

(now you can use USB Bluetooth dongle, it's working also pwm with turning on and off)
I don't really know if exist an USB with Wifi and Bluetooth module working in the same time in macOs.. Tell me if you know something :wave:

Attachments

• Update USBinject + Stop:Wake.zip
    47 KB · Views: 115
Last edited:
Hi
The post looks really nice and I have tried to follow it step by step. However sometimes I find some unclear parts. So far I have been able to install it and boot it the first time, but after installing all the kexts, .efi drivers, config.plist... I don't get it to boot again.
I think this is because I am doing something wrong.

Copy this folders from mine CLOVER folder to yours:

ACPI
config.plist
kexts/others (leave only others folder in EFI/CLOVER/kexts)

In this part, from which clover folder do we have to copy the files? From "USB_CLOVER" or from "v2.0_PostInstall_Clover&Kexts.zip "?
You say copy the folders, but do you mean to replace them? or even delete them and then paste the new ones?

After install, check your folders with mine, and copy all files that you don't have.

Here, which exact folders do we have to compare?

My model is the MSI-PS63-8RC. I have tried twice to reinstall everything and repeat all the steps but I think that I am misunderstanding some step.

PD: so far all I got was a kernel panic and a freeze with the last log "Super IODevice: [fatal] found unsupported chip ITE..."

Thank you very much! You saved me a lot of time booting the installer!

Hi
The post looks really nice and I have tried to follow it step by step. However sometimes I find some unclear parts. So far I have been able to install it and boot it the first time, but after installing all the kexts, .efi drivers, config.plist... I don't get it to boot again.
I think this is because I am doing something wrong.

In this part, from which clover folder do we have to copy the files? From "USB_CLOVER" or from "v2.0_PostInstall_Clover&Kexts.zip "?
You say copy the folders, but do you mean to replace them? or even delete them and then paste the new ones?

Here, which exact folders do we have to compare?

My model is the MSI-PS63-8RC. I have tried twice to reinstall everything and repeat all the steps but I think that I am misunderstanding some step.

PD: so far all I got was a kernel panic and a freeze with the last log "Super IODevice: [fatal] found unsupported chip ITE..."

Thank you very much! You saved me a lot of time booting the installer!

I’ve got the same error when I’ve installed my new ssd nvme for windows (I don’t know why..)
If you wait tomorrow, I’m writing another guide. This time step by step.
I think that make own files it’s better than to replace it.

Anyway when I say check your folder, I’m intending Efi/Clover folders (if you haven’t a file, for example VirtualSMC.efi, copy it). You don’t need to replace anything, only take what you don’t have.
You need only to replace my config.plist

Anyway, tomorrow I’ll upload a better and complete guide

USB_Clover is for your USB installer if you some problems for make it.

Edit:
New Step-by-Step guide updated.

Last edited:
Wow!
The post looks amazing now!
I will make another attempt to install it today.

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back