Contribute
Register

[GUIDE] macOS Catalina on ASRock DeskMini 310 with 9th Gen Intel Core CPU, Dual-Boot

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, I'm new to Hackintosh and the Deskmini. I have these parts coming in

- Deskmini 310w
- L9i CPU fan
- i3-9100
- G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 16GB 260-Pin DDR4 SO-DIMM DDR4 2666 (PC4 21300)
- 500GB P1 NVMe M.2 SSD
- 2TB Seagate FireCuda SSHD
- Apple Airport Card BCM94360CS2

Please let me know If I am missing anything. Do I need to change anything? Thanks

Hi, I'm new to Hackintosh and the Deskmini. I have these parts coming in

- Deskmini 310w
- L9i CPU fan
- i3-9100
- G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 16GB 260-Pin DDR4 SO-DIMM DDR4 2666 (PC4 21300)
- 500GB P1 NVMe M.2 SSD
- 2TB Seagate FireCuda SSHD
- Apple Airport Card BCM94360CS2

Please let me know If I am missing anything. Do I need to change anything? Thanks

Hi trajava - that looks pretty good! One thing I noticed is that you don't have an adapter for the airport card. Just search "BCM94360CS2 adapter" on ebay or amazon and you'll find what you need. They are some of the first results that pop up. It's called an NGFF m.2 adapter, and you'll need it to plug your airport card into, then the whole adapter plugs into the m.2 wifi slot on the asrock motherboard, which is beneath the nvme SSD slot.

Good luck!

why did you decide that imac19.2 (2019) is better then macmini 8.1(2018)?

Only difference is that in 19.2 there is no Т chip and in makmini 8,1it is?
View attachment 467539

Good point viorel, in this case the macmini 8,1 system definition is by far more "close" to the deskmini than the iMac 2019. However, it doesn't actually matter and the system definition I have currently works just fine for everything so I am refusing to change any settings lest I break something new! I would assume a macmini 8,1 system definition works just fine with Opencore as well, but I can't confirm that as I only have the iMac 2019 system definition tested and 100% working in my own case.

A little advice for all Noctua L9i buyers ...

as the picture below shows, it's possible that the mounting of the cooler bends the little main board dangerous.

To prevent this, you should buy and use some thin washers. I cannot tell you the right size and thickness but it should not too thick because it's important that the cooler sits strong onto the cpu.

fortunately I found some in my toolbox fitting perfectly. you have to try it with your found or bought washers carefully before you finally add the heat conductive paste!

and: a very light bending isn't that problem ... but as on the picture this is probably not so good!?

Bildschirmfoto 2020-05-08 um 06.55.17.png

Bildschirmfoto 2020-05-08 um 07.00.38.png

Last edited:
another little note: if you want to use double-sided SSDs you will probably have problems with the M.2-Airport-adaptor imho. I can recommend WD Blue/Black or SanDisk SSDs - these are single sided NVMe SSDs (with a plane backside) that fitting without big problems. but the adaptor bends the the single sided SSD also a little. you shoudn’t tighten the SSD screw fully - it’s not necessary. Or you can use a washer too - like me. ;)

Last edited:
Can someone share his latest OC-EFI please ... 10.15.4 compatible - DP working?

I finally managed it to buy a second NVMe so I can give it a try safely.

Would buy you a beer! :)

Can someone share his latest OC-EFI please ... 10.15.4 compatible - DP working?

I finally managed it to buy a second NVMe so I can give it a try safely.

Would buy you a beer! :)

Yes EDL, here is the latest working EFI of OpenCore for 0.5.8.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    2 MB · Views: 81
Thanks mate! :headbang:

Hello everybody. On the github I found several posts about our hack and was surprised that everyone has a HS-14 port. I have a question for these guys, have you made an kext or are you just copying each other? maybe I'm wrong but we don’t have HS-14 port
h310m-stx.jpg

ps 0.58. OpenCore macmini8.1(put your serial number for MLB, ROM...)

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    3.7 MB · Views: 77
Last edited:
hey guys ... I succeeded without problems - THANK YOU - and I'm very impressed about the OC speed ... BUT my Bluetooth doesn't work and that's very crazy because it's an Airport BCM94360CS2. Any ideas? Probably the USB config?

with both EFIs (CaptainKernelPanic's and viorel89's)

HS14 is the M.2 USB Port ... unknown in your OC-config ... recognized correctly in my Clover-config

Bildschirmfoto 2020-05-12 um 20.22.19.png

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back