Contribute
Register

[Guide] Lenovo Z50-70/Z40-70/G50-70/G40-70 using Clover UEFI

Hi @bhedge, would you let me test your EFI to see if it works with my z50-70? I would be very grateful. Of course it clears SMBIOS. Excuse my english
Hi folks,

I've been having a fiddle about with my Z50-70 and finally managed to solve the lid/sleep conundrum. It's basically the same approach that always used to work - removing _PRW from the LID0 device. I don't really understand why recent attempts haven't worked but if you put the following in your ACPI patches section it should fix it. I'd rather it was an SSDT as it's a bit more elegant but I couldn't get it to work.

It works for me on Monterey with Opencore 0.8.3.

Hope it works for you!

<dict>
<key>Base</key>
<string></string>
<key>BaseSkip</key>
<integer>0</integer>
<key>Comment</key>
<string>Rename _PRW to XPRW in LID0</string>
<key>Count</key>
<integer>1</integer>
<key>Enabled</key>
<true/>
<key>Find</key>
<data>X1BSVw==</data>
<key>Limit</key>
<integer>0</integer>
<key>Mask</key>
<data></data>
<key>OemTableId</key>
<data></data>
<key>Replace</key>
<data>WFBSVw==</data>
<key>ReplaceMask</key>
<data></data>
<key>Skip</key>
<integer>1</integer>
<key>TableLength</key>
<integer>0</integer>
<key>TableSignature</key>
<data>RFNEVA==</data>
</dict>

Hi @bhedge, would you let me test your EFI to see if it works with my z50-70? I would be very grateful. Of course it clears SMBIOS. Excuse my english
Here you go. I think most stuff is working but I haven't fully tested it yet.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    9.5 MB · Views: 113
Here you go. I think most stuff is working but I haven't fully tested it yet.
should have XhciPortLimit disabled in your config.plist as you have already setup your USBPorts.kext

also in your info.plist in your USBPorts.kext, you would normally have your wifi card set to internal (255)

agdpmod=vit9696 is normally used for desktop AMD cards

also if you create a:

to disable your nvidia card (assuming you have one as you are using -wegnoegpu) that should give you better battery life (then remove -wegnoegpu boot argument)

Hi @bhedge, truly a well made EFI. I congratulate you. The only thing I've noticed is that when I lower the lid and it goes to sleep on reboot the usb bluetooth dongle doesn't work and you have to reboot to get it to work, but otherwise it's perfectly functional. Congratulations again.

Hi @bhedge, truly a well made EFI. I congratulate you. The only thing I've noticed is that when I lower the lid and it goes to sleep on reboot the usb bluetooth dongle doesn't work and you have to reboot to get it to work, but otherwise it's perfectly functional. Congratulations again.
Thank you. But it’s not all my work, its origins date from further back in this thread IIRC.

Not sure about your USB problem. Make sure the USB map is correct I guess.

Hi,

I updated my Z50 to Opencore to 0.9.1. It seems to work pretty well with Monterey 12.6.5. Handoff works with my wifi card (don't know about Continuity), sleep/wake and power management all work.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    9.5 MB · Views: 123
Hi,

I updated my Z50 to Opencore to 0.9.1. It seems to work pretty well with Monterey 12.6.5. Handoff works with my wifi card (don't know about Continuity), sleep/wake and power management all work.
Hi, I just tested it. The only thing that doesn't work for me are the keys to adjust the brightness. How could I solve? Thanks so much for all your work.

Hi, I just tested it. The only thing that doesn't work for me are the keys to adjust the brightness. How could I solve? Thanks so much for all your work.
The patches in in ACPI -> Patches enable the brightness and sound keys, have you disabled them, the work on mine?

The patches in in ACPI -> Patches enable the brightness and sound keys, have you disabled them, the work on mine?
Strange, they are all enabled. I changed only the part of the Platformainfo.

Back