Contribute
Register

[GUIDE] Lenovo Yoga 920

Status
Not open for further replies.
... I am trying to reproduce the issue preventing sleep (USB related), then I will be able to troubleshoot a bit more, seems it's touchscreen since it's USB but I need to find the details behind that...
I'm not quite sure but I think this touchscreen is connecting to both, USB and I2C bus. Maybe for some kind of pen with Windows, I did not do any resarch on that yet. So having USB ports properly setup is just as important as I2C. By the way, I2C changed quite a lot from Version 2.2 to 2.4 as well. So it's a moving target a bit at the moment.

The only thing I can say right now is, with this EFI it works here. YMMV...

I'm not quite sure what you mean, there is no Trackpad icon in the System Preferences?
Thank you! In the setting/touchpad, it is can't find touchpad. And I also can't use F11/F12 to change brightness.

Thank you! In the setting/touchpad, it is can't find touchpad. And I also can't use F11/F12 to change brightness.
For the brightness keys you need the patch from the first post here. For the trackpad in the System Preferences try replacing VoodooPS2Controller.kext from my EFI with the regular one you can download. I hope that works.

For the brightness keys you need the patch from the first post here. For the trackpad in the System Preferences try replacing VoodooPS2Controller.kext from my EFI with the regular one you can download. I hope that works.
Thanks! It works now! Did you know how to fix touchscreen?

Aside from a fresh install, the EFI from @Edd1024 has the DSDT with hardware addresses specific to their machine. Either make your own DSDT, check rehabman's guide, or replace the addresses in the DSDT file with yours. That's what worked for me.
Hi, could you help me how to get all patchs from @Edd1024's DSDT? or how can I 'replace the addresses in the DSDT file'. Thanks!

This should be what's possible as of right now. I managed to set up all I2C devices (SHUB, TPD0 and TPL1), and also sleep works now perfectly fine. At least it did last night. For that it needs a preliminary version of I2C kexts as provided by @Ghoshin (see the link above). However there is a known bug in I2C right now affecting the touchscreen behaviour, you might notice that if you try to scroll with 2 fingers. Scrolling with three fingers works fine though. I strongly pressume there will be a fix in the near future. As of now, the trackpad works very nicely indeed, there were some achievements regarding smooth behaviour and so on.

Attachments

• EFI-YOGA920.zip
    26.5 MB · Views: 134
This should be what's possible as of right now. I managed to set up all I2C devices (SHUB, TPD0 and TPL1), and also sleep works now perfectly fine. At least it did last night. For that it needs a preliminary version of I2C kexts as provided by @Ghoshin (see the link above). However there is a known bug in I2C right now affecting the touchscreen behaviour, you might notice that if you try to scroll with 2 fingers. Scrolling with three fingers works fine though. I strongly pressume there will be a fix in the near future. As of now, the trackpad works very nicely indeed, there were some achievements regarding smooth behaviour and so on.
Hi, could you help me how to get all patchs from your DSDT.aml file? or how can I "replace the addresses of my computer to your DSDT file". Thanks!

Hi, could you help me how to get all patchs from your DSDT.aml file? or how can I "replace the addresses of my computer to your DSDT file". Thanks!
Hi, I already wrote you which patches I applied. There are so many guides on how to patch the DSDT, I doubt I can give you a better one. You need MaciASL and disassembled aml files from your laptop. It's quite easy actually. Everything else you can reuse from the EFI I uploaded. Good Luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back