Contribute
Register

[GUIDE] Lenovo Yoga 920

Status
Not open for further replies.

That's what I'm playing around with now. I get the first round of sleep - (lid closed=sleep)/(lid open=wake) or system sleep/action wake - working with no problems. But any subsequent sleeps I end up with reboot or no screen wake (I2C issue).

With the USBPorts kext, how does your patched file look like, do you still have SSDT-UIAC.aml and SSDT-USBX.aml? They are duplicates, no?

I am still doing research on this I2C issue. I'll be testing out a few configs and will report back here

Last edited by a moderator:
Try this: Boot with nothing attached to any of the USB ports. Send the laptop to sleep clicking the "Sleep" button on the log-on screen. Wake it up with the keyboard. Try that a few times and see if it works better. Here, it does, even overnight, even with I2C kexts loaded.

The USBPorts.kext is simply put in EFI/CLOVER/Other. Nothing else, no USBInjectAll.kext or SSDT's.

Does iMessage/FaceTime work for anybody? It appears to sign in but it doesn't let me send messages to anyone, nor does it show received messages--it only messages I sent from other Apple devices.

It just got quite usable! GenI2C solved the problem by compiling a patch for TPL1 to operate in polling mode. I put that into the config.list and sleep started working as needed, even overnight. Now TPD0 / 9d60 is the touchscreen and that seems to have issues with bus timeouts. kernel: (kernel) VoodooI2CControllerDriver::pci8086,9d60 Timeout waiting for bus to accept transfer request log messages are the sign. It still works, but going to sleep takes some time, maybe 15sec longer. So I created a SSDT to deactivate the touchscreen and going to sleep became faster. Quite fast actually. If you want to keep using the touchscreen you'll have to live with some 10-15 sec delay when going to sleep. Then, just delete the TPD0-OFF-YOGA920.aml file from patched. There should be no other issues.

Change log to the last version:
  • TPL1 (touchpad) now operates in polling mode. Feels a bit smoother, all gestures I tried work. Unfortunately typical for Windows-oriented laptops are their small touchpads. There's so much space, why are the trackpads so damn small?
    • Added .aml and a patch to config.plist
  • Touchscreen deactivated to go to sleep faster. For keeping it just delete the TPD0-OFF-YOGA920.aml file.
  • Chime at boot works
This is the EFI that should provide very decent funcionality, here it's Catalina with all patches. Just create yourself a new serial number and have fun!

Attachments

• EFI_YOGA920.zip
    26.5 MB · Views: 108
Does iMessage/FaceTime work for anybody? It appears to sign in but it doesn't let me send messages to anyone, nor does it show received messages--it only messages I sent from other Apple devices.
Same with me at an ideapad s540-14IWL. Although facetime and apple store work..... go figure!!!

I will be testing it out today. Thanks for your contribution, you are making this much more easy.

I was troubleshooting TPL1 as well, because by disabling it, I get full functionality sleep until I connect to the internet. I though it was a USB issue, since I use a wifi-USB dongle. But turns out sleep is prevented via power management ([B]sleep 1 (sleep prevented by AddressBookSourceSync)[/B] under pmset -g. After I disable internet accounts syncing contacts, I restore sleep.

Did you modify pmset -g or do you have it default for the latest setup you made? What is your pmset -g output?

Yeah and the 15 sec sleep delay is obvious, thanks for pointing out the reason... I am still learning these approaches so its cool to know how you figured it out - more tools in the tool box!

I will report back once I have your most recent setup up in running here.

I let Hackingtool manage that.
Code:
YOGA920MBP:~ edd1024$ pmset -g
System-wide power settings:
Currently in use:
standby              1
halfdim              1
hibernatefile        /var/vm/sleepimage
proximitywake        0
powernap             0
gpuswitch            2
disksleep            0
standbydelayhigh     86400
sleep                1
hibernatemode        0
ttyskeepawake        1
displaysleep         1
tcpkeepalive         1
highstandbythreshold 50
standbydelaylow      10800
Basically I looked into what can be done since it turned out when not loading VoodooI2C, sleep worked. So first I thought to deactivate TPD0 might help as it did with my other laptop where I deactivated SHUB. So I changed TPL1 to operate in polling mode and with it I fixed the TPD0. And suddenly everything was working. For some reason the touchscreen now behaves differently, not really like a trackpad but I can still control the faders in Logic. Meh, so be it...

Supplemental: I might have an explanation for your USB issues, seems that the touchscreen is also connected to a USB port. If you look at the USB overview in the System Report you might find an entry of the "Vendor-Specific device" The Vendor ID is 0x06cb and the Product ID is 0x0081. Having that in mind you might want to look here: https://www.the-sz.com/products/usbid/index.php?v=0x06CB which says: 0x06CB Synaptics, Inc..

Last edited:
It just got quite usable! GenI2C solved the problem by compiling a patch for TPL1 to operate in polling mode. I put that into the config.list and sleep started working as needed, even overnight. Now TPD0 / 9d60 is the touchscreen and that seems to have issues with bus timeouts. kernel: (kernel) VoodooI2CControllerDriver::pci8086,9d60 Timeout waiting for bus to accept transfer request log messages are the sign. It still works, but going to sleep takes some time, maybe 15sec longer. So I created a SSDT to deactivate the touchscreen and going to sleep became faster. Quite fast actually. If you want to keep using the touchscreen you'll have to live with some 10-15 sec delay when going to sleep. Then, just delete the TPD0-OFF-YOGA920.aml file from patched. There should be no other issues.

Change log to the last version:
  • TPL1 (touchpad) now operates in polling mode. Feels a bit smoother, all gestures I tried work. Unfortunately typical for Windows-oriented laptops are their small touchpads. There's so much space, why are the trackpads so damn small?
    • Added .aml and a patch to config.plist
  • Touchscreen deactivated to go to sleep faster. For keeping it just delete the TPD0-OFF-YOGA920.aml file.
  • Chime at boot works
This is the EFI that should provide very decent funcionality, here it's Catalina with all patches. Just create yourself a new serial number and have fun!

Hi, When I use the EFI folder what you provide in Catalina 10.15.4(19E287), I always cann't enter the system. I got those result in the photo. Could you help me?
IMG_20200412_205608.jpg

• What is your BIOS version? I have here 5NCN41WW.
  • Is this a fresh install or an upgrade?
  • Try booting with essential kexts only and with the original BIOS.aml
Let me know how it goes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back