Contribute
Register

[GUIDE] Lenovo Yoga 920

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, I already wrote you which patches I applied. There are so many guides on how to patch the DSDT, I doubt I can give you a better one. You need MaciASL and disassembled aml files from your laptop. It's quite easy actually. Everything else you can reuse from the EFI I uploaded. Good Luck!

This should be what's possible as of right now. I managed to set up all I2C devices (SHUB, TPD0 and TPL1), and also sleep works now perfectly fine. At least it did last night. For that it needs a preliminary version of I2C kexts as provided by @Ghoshin (see the link above). However there is a known bug in I2C right now affecting the touchscreen behaviour, you might notice that if you try to scroll with 2 fingers. Scrolling with three fingers works fine though. I strongly pressume there will be a fix in the near future. As of now, the trackpad works very nicely indeed, there were some achievements regarding smooth behaviour and so on.

When I changed those files, it still has reboot juring sleep. Do you have any idea? Thanks!
Code:
panic(cpu 4 caller 0xffffff8000a91b2c): Sleep transition timed out after 180 seconds while entering darkwake on way to sleep. Suspected bundle: com.apple.driver.usb.AppleUSBXHCI. Thread 0xb105.
Failure code:: 0xc70187c7 00000031

Hi, I have another question and I hope you can help me.
My usb-c can't use USB disk hot swap.
While no Thunderbolt drivers is loaded, if I put an adapter with HDMI connected via Thunderbolt port it actually works. But won't load any USB drive or so. If boot with the adapter/Hub connected, it will load the hard drive correctly. Thanks!

I'm not quite sure but I think this touchscreen is connecting to both, USB and I2C bus. Maybe for some kind of pen with Windows, I did not do any resarch on that yet. So having USB ports properly setup is just as important as I2C. By the way, I2C changed quite a lot from Version 2.2 to 2.4 as well. So it's a moving target a bit at the moment.

The only thing I can say right now is, with this EFI it works here. YMMV...

My work arounds were working but very unstable. I was playing around with powerManagment. Disabling USB and I2C hubs when sleep command is called. Bad idea. It results with the same issue in previous VoodooI2C versions, of locked trackpad and panics.

Anyways, I end up causing much more damage to fix the sleep/wake. After getting back fresh, I installed the latest voodooI2C --> 2.4.2 I didn't notice that it was a bunch of fixes along with @Ghoshin sleep/wake archive. I can confirm voodooI2C 2.4.2 worked with no issues. I am even on USBinjectAll too. I'll test around a bit more, and I'll post my files working on mojave. Nice hack so far!

When I using @Edd1024's EFI folder, it reboot occasional during sleep, and usb disk in usb-c doesn't work, and touch screen with two fingers doesn't work. But when I update to the latest voodooI2C (2.4.2), all USB (include type-c) are working, the touch screen with two fingers also working. But the sleep/wake problem becoming serious. Anybody has some suggestions?

Last edited:
When I using @Edd1024's EFI folder, it reboot occasional during sleep, and usb disk in usb-c doesn't work, and touch screen with two fingers doesn't work. But when I update to the latest voodooI2C (2.4.2), all USB (include type-c) are working, the touch screen with two fingers also working. But the sleep/wake problem becoming serious. Anybody has some suggestions?

attach your clover file. I'll compare it with mine and let you know what's the difference.. I'll be attaching my files soon, I am blanket testing a few things at the moment.. I kinda deviated from Edd1024's file, but it is by far a complete set to work off of.

attach your clover file. I'll compare it with mine and let you know what's the difference.. I'll be attaching my files soon, I am blanket testing a few things at the moment.. I kinda deviated from Edd1024's file, but it is by far a complete set to work off of.
Hi, I attached my EFI here. I think the main problem what I have now is that my computer will reboot automatically during sleep. I also attached my ERROR after reboot here. I suspect that I am using Edd1024's USB patch, but I still not switch the wifi/bluetooth card. And my USB can only using a few times after reboot. Thanks!

Attachments

• reboot_error.zip
    6.6 KB · Views: 63
  • EFI.zip
    20.2 MB · Views: 118
Hi, I attached my EFI here. I think the main problem what I have now is that my computer will reboot automatically during sleep. I also attached my ERROR after reboot here. I suspect that I am using Edd1024's USB patch, but I still not switch the wifi/bluetooth card. And my USB can only using a few times after reboot. Thanks!

Ok, so I stripped down your file (manly kexts and ACPI<patched). I think with this load you are going to be able to boot and all should be working. Then, add on what you need depending on what you want. Edd1024 shows how to optimize the machine such as with his developed USBports. You might run into powerManagment issues with this file, so it's good to optimize like Edd1024.

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    7.9 MB · Views: 127
Ok, so I stripped down your file (manly kexts and ACPI<patched). I think with this load you are going to be able to boot and all should be working. Then, add on what you need depending on what you want. Edd1024 shows how to optimize the machine such as with his developed USBports. You might run into powerManagment issues with this file, so it's good to optimize like Edd1024.
Thanks for your help!
I restart every thing from generate SSDT, but I still can't set USB type-c with USB3 work (it works if I insect it before boot). I am trying to flow this guide (https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...o-usb-port-configuration.286553/#post-2029768), but I still can't use my USB3 in type-c when I "Install the USBInjectAll.kext and a Port-Limit Removal Patch". I think because of those USB problems, my computer reboot during sleep occasional, and it many have those report:
panic(cpu 2 caller 0xffffff8000a91b2c): Sleep transition timed out after 180 seconds while entering darkwake on way to sleep. Suspected bundle: com.apple.iokit.IOUSBHostFamily. Thread 0xc0c1.

or
panic(cpu 6 caller 0xffffff8000a91b2c): Sleep transition timed out after 180 seconds while entering darkwake on way to sleep. Suspected bundle: com.apple.driver.usb.AppleUSBXHCI. Thread 0x3700.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back