Contribute
Register

[Guide] Lenovo Yoga 2 Pro El Capitan using Clover UEFI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Look at the patch for "Enable 128MB DVMT-prealloc, 48MB framebuffer, 48MB cursor bytes, 0x0a260006".

Ah yes. I removed that patch because it's for ig-platform-id 0xa260006 and I'm using 0xa2e0008. What would I change to apply that patch for my platform id?

I found a guide that shows the breakdown of the framebuffer structure. What values should I be using for framebuffer and cursor bytes? Should they be the same values as the a260006 patch?

I found a guide that shows the breakdown of the framebuffer structure. What values should I be using for framebuffer and cursor bytes? Should they be the same values as the a260006 patch?

With 128mb prealloc you could use 48/48.
The sum of the two values must be <= DVMT-prealloc (and may be wise to leave a free MB or so).

With 128mb prealloc you could use 48/48.
The sum of the two values must be <= DVMT-prealloc (and may be wise to leave a free MB or so).

This is exactly what I've been missing. No more graphics glitches!

Care to explain what you did? I'm experiencing graphic glitches as well. Thanks

What you have to do is create a patch for your platform ID (0x0a2e0008 in my case and probably yours as well) in your config.plist to enable the DVMT-prealloc of your choice AND the corresponding framebuffer and cursor bytes. As RehabMan said you want the sum of the cursor bytes and framebuffer to be <= DVMT-prealloc and it's good to have some headroom. I found that a 128MB DVMT-prealloc worked well, so 48MB each for the framebuffer and cursor bytes is a reasonable value.

I found a guide that explains the structure of the values in the AppleIntelFramebufferAzul, but it's been a while and I don't remember where it was. I'll include my patch for reference and you can compare it with the existing patches in RehabMan's config.plist to see what values have been changed in the replace string.

Do a quick google search for "patching framebuffer" and you'll find a guide or 2 that may be useful.

My patch is as follows:

<dict>
<key>Comment</key>
<string>Enable 128MB DVMT-prealloc, 48MB framebuffer, 48MB cursor bytes, 0x0a2e0008</string>
<key>Disabled</key>
<false/>
<key>Find</key>
<data>
CAAuCgEDAwMAAAAEAAAgAgAAUAE=
</data>
<key>Name</key>
<string>com.apple.driver.AppleIntelFramebufferAzul</string>
<key>Replace</key>
<data>
CAAuCgEDAgIAAAAIAAAAAwAAAAM=
</data>
</dict>

Thanks for providing your patch! Unfortunately, I tried using it and setting the DVMT-prealloc to 128MB in the BIOS and it doesn't boot, it panics right away when the apple logo shows up. If I change it back to 96MB in the BIOS, it boots fine. Did you run into this issue?

BTW, I have Yoga 2 Pro with the i5-4200U with HD4400.

Thanks for providing your patch! Unfortunately, I tried using it and setting the DVMT-prealloc to 128MB in the BIOS and it doesn't boot, it panics right away when the apple logo shows up. If I change it back to 96MB in the BIOS, it boots fine. Did you run into this issue?

Do you have the other framebuffer patches disabled in the config.plist?

It's been long enough that I don't remember the details off what issues I did and didn't run into, but I don't think I had that problem.

If you have patched ACPI files, you must re-extract/re-patch after changing DVMT-prealloc!

is audio supposed to work after sleep?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back