Contribute
Register

[Guide] Lenovo Yoga 2 Pro El Capitan using Clover UEFI

Status
Not open for further replies.
You can change framebuffer configuration (for 96mb DVMT-prealloc) by injecting the appropriate patching properties for WhateverGreen.kext.

Read guide here:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-intel-framebuffer-patching-using-whatevergreen.256490/

Use -cdfon kernel flag with WhateverGreen.kext as replacement for CoreDisplayFixup.kext.
Thank you RehabMan. It worked perfectly. I have another question. Can we have patching properties for a specific version of macOS like what we have with KextsToPatch?

Hey Everyone, I'm a bit new here and I just read all 41 pages of this thread (absolutely gripping read lol :lol:) and I was wondering if anyone had tried to get this working with macOS Mojave yet? I have a Lenovo Yoga 2 Pro and I may try to use the generic laptop guide to get Mojave working a bit. I'm not too up to date with Hackintosh as my only attempts were on some random laptop a few years back, anyway, I digress. I am basically going to TRY to get Mojave to work a bit and I wanted to know whether the Lenovo Yoga 2 Pro is dead yet in these forums or if anyone has any advice for Mojave (certain settings that differ from the El Capitan instructions) If all fails then I'll fall back to El Capitan and follow the guide.
Sorry for the Waffle
- Abhi

Hey Everyone, I'm a bit new here and I just read all 41 pages of this thread (absolutely gripping read lol :lol:) and I was wondering if anyone had tried to get this working with macOS Mojave yet? I have a Lenovo Yoga 2 Pro and I may try to use the generic laptop guide to get Mojave working a bit. I'm not too up to date with Hackintosh as my only attempts were on some random laptop a few years back, anyway, I digress. I am basically going to TRY to get Mojave to work a bit and I wanted to know whether the Lenovo Yoga 2 Pro is dead yet in these forums or if anyone has any advice for Mojave (certain settings that differ from the El Capitan instructions) If all fails then I'll fall back to El Capitan and follow the guide.
Sorry for the Waffle
- Abhi

Mojave is very similar to previous versions, except new kexts have been created for:
- patching the framebuffer (WhateverGreen.kext)
- implementing audio (AppleALC.kext)

Hello, I was booting from clover into the macOS Mojave installer and I'm running into these errors. (Again on my yoga 2 pro) I'm sure I've probably just messed up somewhere and forgotten some kind of config editing and stuff. But does anyone know what to do?

Attachments

• DSC_0011.JPG
    DSC_0011.JPG
    5.5 MB · Views: 189
I forgot to upload a copy of my EFI folder. I have uploaded it and removed the Themes folder as per instructions from the problem reporting bit

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    2.2 MB · Views: 111
Hello, I was booting from clover into the macOS Mojave installer and I'm running into these errors. (Again on my yoga 2 pro) I'm sure I've probably just messed up somewhere and forgotten some kind of config editing and stuff. But does anyone know what to do?
I forgot to upload a copy of my EFI folder. I have uploaded it and removed the Themes folder as per instructions from the problem reporting bit

Your profile has no laptop hardware details.
Please fix as per FAQ:
http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capita...faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.html

Keep in mind you'll need to set DVMT-prealloc to a larger value (refer to guide in post #1 for the required size).
Then patch the framebuffer to match (use WhateverGreen-based patching).

Use an invalid ig-platform-id to work around incorrect graphics setup for now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back