Contribute
Register

[Guide] Lenovo Yoga 2 Pro El Capitan using Clover UEFI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Must be config.plist/ACPI/SSDT/DropOem (DropOEM is not recognized).
config.plist/ACPI/DSDT/Patches will be applied to OEM SSDTs, but not to SSDTs you may have in ACPI/patched.
The files you have in ACPI/patched are still loaded as long as SortedOrder is either unspecified, or SortedOrder includes them.
If you have no order dependent SSDTs in ACPI/patched, you can remove SortedOrder.

That did the trick. Still some glitching around the dock when I move folders around on the Desktop, but that's not a big deal.

I would like to fix the post-boot lag. How do I determine which ports are unused to patch the framebuffer like what's done here: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...s-in-10-12-sierra.202316/page-94#post-1485104

That did the trick. Still some glitching around the dock when I move folders around on the Desktop, but that's not a big deal.

No "Problem Reporting" files attached.
Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting" again. Carefully. Attach all requested files/output.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/

I would like to fix the post-boot lag. How do I determine which ports are unused to patch the framebuffer like what's done here: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...s-in-10-12-sierra.202316/page-94#post-1485104

Plug in an external monitor and look at ioreg.
You can then see which framebuffer@X it is connected to. The X corresponds positionally to the connectors in the ig-platform-id data.

I'm still trying to fix a graphics corruption issue. When I run LogicPro, MainStage, Chrome, and a lot of other applications, I get distortion and discoloring as shown in the attached screenshots. If I open chrome or safari while I have Logic or MainStage open the display starts to flash on and off and becomes basically unusable until the browser is closed. As I'm typing this post in chrome there are lines at the bottom of the screen distorting with every key stroke. I've tried DVMT-Prealloc values of 96 and 128mb in BIOS with corresponding config.plist settings to no avail. Getting pretty frustrated with this because almost everything else is working well.

Problem reporting files attached

Attachments

• problem_reporting.zip
    606.8 KB · Views: 109
  • Screen Shot 2017-10-25 at 4.50.30 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2017-10-25 at 4.50.30 PM.png
    3 MB · Views: 167
  • Screen Shot 2017-10-25 at 4.51.21 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2017-10-25 at 4.51.21 PM.png
    540.9 KB · Views: 156
I'm still trying to fix a graphics corruption issue. When I run LogicPro, MainStage, Chrome, and a lot of other applications, I get distortion and discoloring as shown in the attached screenshots. If I open chrome or safari while I have Logic or MainStage open the display starts to flash on and off and becomes basically unusable until the browser is closed. As I'm typing this post in chrome there are lines at the bottom of the screen distorting with every key stroke. I've tried DVMT-Prealloc values of 96 and 128mb in BIOS with corresponding config.plist settings to no avail. Getting pretty frustrated with this because almost everything else is working well.

Problem reporting files attached

Problem reporting files incomplete. No EFI/CLOVER.

Got distracted and forgot that one.

Attached now

This has 96mb DVMT-prealloc patch, but the cursor bytes and framebuffer sizes are not changed (no point in doing that).

This has 96mb DVMT-prealloc patch, but the cursor bytes and framebuffer sizes are not changed (no point in doing that).

I had changed to 96mb just for the sake of experimentation. How would the cursor bytes be changed in response and what framebuffer sizes are you referring to? What would there be no point in doing?

I had changed to 96mb just for the sake of experimentation. How would the cursor bytes be changed in response and what framebuffer sizes are you referring to? What would there be no point in doing?

See patches in the guide plists:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-booting-the-os-x-installer-on-laptops-with-clover.148093/

It is nonsense (does nothing) to change the BIOS memory value in the framebuffer without increasing the framebuffer/cursor bytes memory.

See patches in the guide plists:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-booting-the-os-x-installer-on-laptops-with-clover.148093/

It is nonsense (does nothing) to change the BIOS memory value in the framebuffer without increasing the framebuffer/cursor bytes memory.

If you're referring to the "Enable 96MB DVMT-prealloc, 0x0a2e0008" patch for AppleIntelFramebufferAzul it's enabled.

I've only seen a reference to the 9mb cursor bytes patch. How would I change this for 96mb vs 128mb DVMT-preallloc? Earlier you had told me the cursor bytes patch didn't apply to my situation.

If you're referring to the "Enable 96MB DVMT-prealloc, 0x0a2e0008" patch for AppleIntelFramebufferAzul it's enabled.

I've only seen a reference to the 9mb cursor bytes patch. How would I change this for 96mb vs 128mb DVMT-preallloc? Earlier you had told me the cursor bytes patch didn't apply to my situation.

Look at the patch for "Enable 128MB DVMT-prealloc, 48MB framebuffer, 48MB cursor bytes, 0x0a260006".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back