Contribute
Register

[Guide] Lenovo Y580 - El capitan (10.11) using Clover UEFI

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a fully working bluetooth setup on my el capitan, but only if the bluetooth has been left on in my linux installation. if I turn it off, then boot into el cap, it just refuses to initialise. I have scoured these forums but have yet to come up with a solution. How can I get round my "bluetooth not available" message ?

Which WiFi/BT hardware did you install?

Which WiFi/BT hardware did you install?

I have a BCM94352HMB wifi/bluetooth hybrid card installed. Have the 5Ghz working on the wifi, but the bluetooth part of this hybrid has never been picked up at all by any of the 3 o/s on this laptop (I suspect that may be because of a modified bios I am running, but I'm not sure). The only bluetooth that will (sometimes) work is the one that is shipped with the laptop (hci0: BCM20702A1 (001.002.014) build 0374). Are you thinking the hybrid card might be having something to do with the issue? I'll take it out and see!

I have a BCM94352HMB wifi/bluetooth hybrid card installed. Have the 5Ghz working on the wifi, but the bluetooth part of this hybrid has never been picked up at all by any of the 3 o/s on this laptop (I suspect that may be because of a modified bios I am running, but I'm not sure). The only bluetooth that will (sometimes) work is the one that is shipped with the laptop (hci0: BCM20702A1 (001.002.014) build 0374). Are you thinking the hybrid card might be having something to do with the issue? I'll take it out and see!

Did you install BrcmPatchRAM kexts as per FAQ and BrcmPatchRAM README?

Did you install BrcmPatchRAM kexts as per FAQ and BrcmPatchRAM README?

I read through the docs and understood I needed BrcmPatchRAM2.kext (not BrcmPatchRAM.kext), and BrcmFirmwareRepo.kext. I can only get the card to work at all when these are in SLE. I get no life if they (PatchRAM2/FirmwareData) are in CLOVER/kexts/Other. When it works, the syslog shows that the firmware is being read properly and I can use it fine. I have made no amendments other than placing these files in SLE and rebuilding the kext cache. What else can I try / am I missing?

I read through the docs and understood I needed BrcmPatchRAM2.kext (not BrcmPatchRAM.kext), and BrcmFirmwareRepo.kext. I can only get the card to work at all when these are in SLE. I get no life if they (PatchRAM2/FirmwareData) are in CLOVER/kexts/Other. When it works, the syslog shows that the firmware is being read properly and I can use it fine.

All kexts should be installed to the system volume.

I have made no amendments other than placing these files in SLE and rebuilding the kext cache. What else can I try / am I missing?

What is the problem you're trying to solve?

All kexts should be installed to the system volume.

What is the problem you're trying to solve?

That if bluetooth has been switched off in linux or windows, and I boot into el cap, it says "bluetooth not available". If I switch it on on linux first, it works perfectly and loads up the firmware no prob.

That if bluetooth has been switched off in linux or windows, and I boot into el cap, it says "bluetooth not available". If I switch it on on linux first, it works perfectly and loads up the firmware no prob.

You must install BrcmPatchRAM2.kext + BrcmFirmwareRepo.kext to the system volume as written in the BrcmPatchRAM README.

You must install BrcmPatchRAM2.kext + BrcmFirmwareRepo.kext to the system volume as written in the BrcmPatchRAM README.

Yes, which is where I got the instructions from. I have installed them to /System/Library/Extensions on the System Volume. It doesn't work unless bluetooth first turned on in linux

Yes, which is where I got the instructions from. I have installed them to /System/Library/Extensions on the System Volume. It doesn't work unless bluetooth first turned on in linux

Attach ioreg as ZIP: http://www.tonymacx86.com/audio/58368-guide-how-make-copy-ioreg.html. Please, use the IORegistryExplorer v2.1 attached to the post! DO NOT reply with an ioreg from any other version of IORegistryExplorer.app.

Provide output (in Terminal):
Code:
kextstat|grep -y acpiplat
kextstat|grep -y appleintelcpu
kextstat|grep -y applelpc
kextstat|grep -y applehda

Attach EFI/Clover folder as ZIP (press F4 at main Clover screen before collecting). Please eliminate 'themes' directory. Provide only EFI/Clover, not the entire EFI folder.

Attach output of (in Terminal):
Code:
sudo touch /System/Library/Extensions && sudo kextcache -u /

Compress all files as ZIP. Do not use external links. Attach all files using site attachments only.

Hi and Happy New Year to all.
Is it possible to use secondary display via VGA-cable on Y580 with Intel Core i5-3210M & hd4000?
I've attached my monitor to the notebook but see 'No Signal' notice only.
Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back