Contribute
Register

[Guide] Lenovo Y580 - El capitan (10.11) using Clover UEFI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Brilliant. Very useful. Have implemented everything from that link.
Only bluetooth not working now (BCM20720).
Thanks a million

Bluetooth setup is the same as 10.11.

Bluetooth setup is the same as 10.11.

ok - working now. it was powered down in ubuntu on same machine. I never figured out how to get bluetooth to work in el capitan without first powering it up in ubuntu/windows. I have BCRMpatchram2 and BrcmFirmwareRepo kexts (latest) only in kexts/Other.
Tried putting them in SLE and rebuilding caches.

I now get a crash on boot with full stack trace when ALXEthernet.kext (v1.0.3) is included. This only happens in sierra. Machine still boots up fine, the crash seems to be informational.

I now get a crash on boot with full stack trace when ALXEthernet.kext (v1.0.3) is included. This only happens in sierra. Machine still boots up fine, the crash seems to be informational.

Probably an NVRAM problem. Crash report is saved in NVRAM and if you have it configured incorrectly, it can't be cleared.

Unfortunately I'm not able to upgrade to Sierra. Currently running Mac OS X El Capitan 10.11.6. This one runs fine, except for Bluetooth, which is crashing sometime ... But if I want to upgrade to Sierra I did everything mentioned on the welcome page for Clover and Mac OS Sierra (Putting the right kexts in the Clover kext/Others folder). I put there everything except for AppleHDA. So if I want to upgrade to Sierra, the Installation screen will freeze at approximatley 1% of the bar. If I start with -verbose it says Program abonded with error code 1 or so ... Next off I tried to do safe mode, went fine so far, but then it kept saying Invalid sandbox profile for PID xxxx (Did this from 0 to ~2000). This took like 1 1/2 hours, so I shut down the system. Mac OS X El Capitan is still working, so I guess there was nothing done to the hard drive. Would be great if someone could help me! :)

EDIT: Of course I started without caches and with injected kexts

Unfortunately I'm not able to upgrade to Sierra. Currently running Mac OS X El Capitan 10.11.6. This one runs fine, except for Bluetooth, which is crashing sometime ... But if I want to upgrade to Sierra I did everything mentioned on the welcome page for Clover and Mac OS Sierra (Putting the right kexts in the Clover kext/Others folder). I put there everything except for AppleHDA. So if I want to upgrade to Sierra, the Installation screen will freeze at approximatley 1% of the bar. If I start with -verbose it says Program abonded with error code 1 or so ... Next off I tried to do safe mode, went fine so far, but then it kept saying Invalid sandbox profile for PID xxxx (Did this from 0 to ~2000). This took like 1 1/2 hours, so I shut down the system. Mac OS X El Capitan is still working, so I guess there was nothing done to the hard drive. Would be great if someone could help me! :)

EDIT: Of course I started without caches and with injected kexts

Follow the Clover guide linked from the FAQ.

http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capita...faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.html

How would I go about upgrading without too many problems? Or it is just hit or miss?:)

From El Cap to Sierra :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back