Contribute
Register

[Guide] Lenovo Y50/Y70 (UHD or 1080p) using Clover UEFI

Status
Not open for further replies.
[Guide] Lenovo Y50 (UHD or 1080p) using Clover UEFI

Intel WiFi is not supported. Hence the need to replace it.
I have this WiFi card and Ethernet:

Realtek RTL8168/8111 PCI-E Gigabit Ethernet Adapter PCI
Realtek RTL8723BE Wireless LAN 802.11n PCI-E Network Adapter PCI

Am I still applicable for this guide without replacing any parts of my laptop?

Also, my BIOS version is 1.0.9, is this okay? Since I'm not going to use the EFI shell but a patched BIOS, this shouldn't make a problem, right?

Attachments

• p9lbW50.jpg
    p9lbW50.jpg
    32.2 KB · Views: 94

I have this WiFi card and Ethernet:

Realtek RTL8168/8111 PCI-E Gigabit Ethernet Adapter PCI
Realtek RTL8723BE Wireless LAN 802.11n PCI-E Network Adapter PCI

Am I still applicable for this guide without replacing any parts of my laptop?

Realtek WiFi is not supported.

Also, my BIOS version is 1.0.9, is this okay? Since I'm not going to use the EFI shell but a patched BIOS, this shouldn't make a problem, right?

BIOS recommendations are in post #1. That's all I know from the information provided in this thread by people that have the laptop.

BIOS recommendations are in post #1. That's all I know from the information provided in this thread by people that have the laptop.
Hi, man.
Thank you for your guide.
I obeyed the guide step by step.
But the screen is still a little laggy.Only a little.For example, i put applications folder on Dock, and it takes maybe 3s for it to popup.
I think maybe the QE/CI is not successful now.
What should i do now?thank you!

I attached my clover here.

View attachment CLOVER.zip

Hi, man.
Thank you for your guide.
I obeyed the guide step by step.
But the screen is still a little laggy.Only a little.For example, i put applications folder on Dock, and it takes maybe 3s for it to popup.
I think maybe the QE/CI is not successful now.
What should i do now?thank you!

I attached my clover here.

View attachment 147741

Read post #1' "Problem Reporting"

I do not require my wifi to work immediately after installation, I do have access to a cable. All I'm asking is if I can get wifi to work at some point after installation of Yosemite.

... All I'm asking is if I can get wifi to work at some point after installation of Yosemite.

Not with Realtek WiFi. As already stated (post #643), Realtek WiFi is not supported.

As is very clear from post #1 ("What you need"), there is only one solution for built-in PCIe WiFi with this laptop: BCM94352Z.

Not with Realtek WiFi. As already stated (post #643), Realtek WiFi is not supported.

As is very clear from post #1 ("What you need"), there is only one solution for built-in PCIe WiFi with this laptop: BCM94352Z.
What about USB WiFi adapters? I'm really desperate to find an alternative here...

What about USB WiFi adapters? I'm really desperate to find an alternative here...

They will work (provided they have OS X drivers), but USB WiFi tends to cause instability, especially on sleep/wake. The user interface is also poor.

Hence, not recommended.

BCM94352Z is available from Dell for a reasonable price. Read here: http://www.tonymacx86.com/yosemite-laptop-support/160258-where-can-i-get-bcm94352z.html

They will work (provided they have OS X drivers), but USB WiFi tends to cause instability, especially on sleep/wake. The user interface is also poor.

Hence, not recommended.

BCM94352Z is available from Dell for a reasonable price. Read here: http://www.tonymacx86.com/yosemite-laptop-support/160258-where-can-i-get-bcm94352z.html
It is not possible for me to obtain this piece of hardware right now. I would appreciate if you can recommend some good USB WiFis that work with Hackintosh.

It is not possible for me to obtain this piece of hardware right now. I would appreciate if you can recommend some good USB WiFis that work with Hackintosh.

I have used Edimax EW-7811Un.

There may be more in the Buyer's Guide.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back