Contribute
Register

[Guide] Lenovo Y50/Y70 (UHD or 1080p) using Clover UEFI

Status
Not open for further replies.
[Guide] Lenovo Y50 (UHD or 1080p) using Clover UEFI

Hey, I decided to follow this guide. Before starting I got a few questions:

1. I do not understand the point about "Broadcom BCM94352Z". What should I do with that exactly? Buy a peace of hardware or get drivers or what? How do I know if I have this on my laptop?

2. Making an OEM backup in a 32GB USB. I didn't find any guide on how to do that. I'm currently using Windows 10. How do I do this?

EDIT:

You mentioned that I need to find something about ELAN trackpads. What is it that I need to search for? I couldn't understand from the first post, so I'm quite worried about this one. My laptop uses ELAN trackpad and I don't know how to proceed when it comes to this step.

Also regarding WiFi... Do I need to replace hardware to make it work? How do I check this?

EDIT 2:

"
If your laptop has the UHD/4K screen, set config.plist/Graphics/Inject/Intel=false for installation." ... How ????

"Definitely copy RealtekRTL8111.kext to Clover/kexts/Other" ... Where do I get this kext?

EDIT 3:

I assume that you are talking about switching the WiFI card altogether (physically). I have the intel one obviously so I need to switch to broadcom for better results. This is impossible for me right now. Can I still have WiFi with Intel wifi card?

EDIT 4:

This is my laptop exactly with same hardware and everything:
http://www.notebooksbilliger.de/lenovo+y50+70+59436785/eqsqid/8ab47db2-38c7-407c-878c-97150547b770

Read the links in the FAQ, so you know how to obtain the UEFI shell and run it.

The offset for setup_var are specified in post #1.

Hey,man

It seems that Lenovo has changed some components of Y50.
I bought a 4k model last month.
The one I got has an ALPS touchpad.
I tried the voodooPS2controller.kext, and only the functionality of click and right click works well.
No touchpad can be found in system reference setting.

what kext should I use for the function of touchpad such as two finger scrolling and three finger moving?
Thank you for your patient answer and awesome guide.

Hey, I decided to follow this guide. Before starting I got a few questions:

1. I do not understand the point about "Broadcom BCM94352Z". What should I do with that exactly? Buy a peace of hardware or get drivers or what? How do I know if I have this on my laptop?

Hardware replacement.

2. Making an OEM backup in a 32GB USB. I didn't find any guide on how to do that. I'm currently using Windows 10. How do I do this?

Refer to documentation from Lenovo.

EDIT:

You mentioned that I need to find something about ELAN trackpads. What is it that I need to search for? I couldn't understand from the first post, so I'm quite worried about this one. My laptop uses ELAN trackpad and I don't know how to proceed when it comes to this step.

Use google to find PS2 kexts for ELAN.

EDIT 2:

"If your laptop has the UHD/4K screen, set config.plist/Graphics/Inject/Intel=false for installation." ... How ????

Edit config.plist with a plist editor such as Xcode or PlistEdit Pro.

I assume that you are talking about switching the WiFI card altogether (physically). I have the intel one obviously so I need to switch to broadcom for better results. This is impossible for me right now. Can I still have WiFi with Intel wifi card?

Intel WiFi is not supported. Hence the need to replace it.

Hey,man

It seems that Lenovo has changed some components of Y50.
I bought a 4k model last month.
The one I got has an ALPS touchpad.
I tried the voodooPS2controller.kext, and only the functionality of click and right click works well.
No touchpad can be found in system reference setting.

what kext should I use for the function of touchpad such as two finger scrolling and three finger moving?
Thank you for your patient answer and awesome guide.

Use google to find PS2 kexts for your ALPS trackpad.

everything seems good until ./disassemble.sh

I got
Code:
[FONT=Menlo]yerikdeMacBook-Pro:y50.git YuanYe$ ./disassemble.sh[/FONT][FONT=Menlo]cp: ./native_patchmatic/SSDT*.aml: No such file or directory[/FONT]
[FONT=Menlo]
[/FONT]
[FONT=Menlo]Intel ACPI Component Architecture[/FONT]
[FONT=Menlo]ASL+ Optimizing Compiler version 20141107-64 [Jan  2 2015][/FONT]
[FONT=Menlo]Copyright (c) 2000 - 2014 Intel Corporation[/FONT]
[FONT=Menlo]
[/FONT]
[FONT=Menlo]Loading Acpi table from file   DSDT.aml - Length 00043947 (00ABAB)[/FONT]
[FONT=Menlo]ACPI: DSDT 0x0000000000000000 00ABAB (v01 Apple  CB-01    00000001 ACPI 00040000)[/FONT]
[FONT=Menlo]Acpi table [DSDT] successfully installed and loaded[/FONT]
[FONT=Menlo]Pass 1 parse of [DSDT][/FONT]
[FONT=Menlo]Pass 2 parse of [DSDT][/FONT]
[FONT=Menlo]Parsing Deferred Opcodes (Methods/Buffers/Packages/Regions)[/FONT]
[FONT=Menlo]
[/FONT]
[FONT=Menlo]Parsing completed[/FONT]
[FONT=Menlo]
[/FONT]
[FONT=Menlo]Found 8 external control methods, reparsing with new information[/FONT]
[FONT=Menlo]
[/FONT]
[FONT=Menlo]Disassembly completed[/FONT]
[FONT=Menlo]ASL Output:    DSDT.dsl - 408012 bytes[/FONT]
[FONT=Menlo]
[/FONT]
[FONT=Menlo]iASL Warning: There were 8 external control methods found during[/FONT]
[FONT=Menlo]disassembly, but additional ACPI tables to resolve these externals[/FONT]
[FONT=Menlo]were not specified. The resulting disassembler output file may not[/FONT]
[FONT=Menlo]compile because the disassembler did not know how many arguments[/FONT]
[FONT=Menlo]to assign to these methods. To specify the tables needed to resolve[/FONT]
[FONT=Menlo]external control method references, the -e option can be used to[/FONT]
[FONT=Menlo]specify the filenames. Example iASL invocations:[/FONT]
[FONT=Menlo]    iasl -e ssdt1.aml ssdt2.aml ssdt3.aml -d dsdt.aml[/FONT]
[FONT=Menlo]    iasl -e dsdt.aml ssdt2.aml -d ssdt1.aml[/FONT]
[FONT=Menlo]    iasl -e ssdt*.aml -d dsdt.aml[/FONT]
[FONT=Menlo]
[/FONT]
[FONT=Menlo]In addition, the -fe option can be used to specify a file containing[/FONT]
[FONT=Menlo]control method external declarations with the associated method[/FONT]
[FONT=Menlo]argument counts. Each line of the file must be of the form:[/FONT]
[FONT=Menlo]    External (<method pathname>, MethodObj, <argument count>)[/FONT]
[FONT=Menlo]Invocation:[/FONT]
[FONT=Menlo]    iasl -fe refs.txt -d dsdt.aml[/FONT]
[FONT=Menlo]rm: ../unpatched/*.dsl: No such file or directory[/FONT]
[FONT=Menlo]
[/FONT]
[FONT=Menlo]Intel ACPI Component Architecture[/FONT]
[FONT=Menlo]ASL+ Optimizing Compiler version 20141107-64 [Jan  2 2015][/FONT]
[FONT=Menlo]Copyright (c) 2000 - 2014 Intel Corporation[/FONT]
[FONT=Menlo]
[/FONT]
[FONT=Menlo]Loading Acpi table from file   DSDT.aml - Length 00043947 (00ABAB)[/FONT]
[FONT=Menlo]ACPI: DSDT 0x0000000000000000 00ABAB (v01 Apple  CB-01    00000001 ACPI 00040000)[/FONT]
[FONT=Menlo]Acpi table [DSDT] successfully installed and loaded[/FONT]
[FONT=Menlo]../refs.txt: Importing method external (0 arguments) \_GPE.MMTB[/FONT]
[FONT=Menlo]../refs.txt: Imported 1 external method definitions[/FONT]
[FONT=Menlo]
[/FONT]
[FONT=Menlo]
[/FONT]
[FONT=Menlo]Found 9 external control methods, reparsing with new information[/FONT]
[FONT=Menlo]
[/FONT]
[FONT=Menlo]Disassembly completed[/FONT]
[FONT=Menlo]ASL Output:    DSDT.dsl - 407910 bytes[/FONT]
[FONT=Menlo]
[/FONT]
[FONT=Menlo]iASL Warning: There were 9 external control methods found during[/FONT]
[FONT=Menlo]disassembly, but only 1 was resolved (8 unresolved). Additional[/FONT]
[FONT=Menlo]ACPI tables may be required to properly disassemble the code. The[/FONT]
[FONT=Menlo]resulting disassembler output file may not compile because the[/FONT]
[FONT=Menlo]disassembler did not know how many arguments to assign to the[/FONT]
[FONT=Menlo]unresolved methods.[/FONT]
[FONT=Menlo]
[/FONT]
[FONT=Menlo]If necessary, the -fe option can be used to specify a file containing[/FONT]
[FONT=Menlo]control method external declarations with the associated method[/FONT]
[FONT=Menlo]argument counts. Each line of the file must be of the form:[/FONT]
[FONT=Menlo]    External (<method pathname>, MethodObj, <argument count>)[/FONT]
[FONT=Menlo]Invocation:[/FONT]
[FONT=Menlo]    iasl -fe refs.txt -d dsdt.aml[/FONT]

It seems no ssdt file is generated.
I have put clover into HDD.
The config file I used is attached here.
View attachment config.plist

everything seems good until ./disassemble.sh

I got

It seems no ssdt file is generated.
I have put clover into HDD.
The config file I used is attached here.
View attachment 147674

Please follow the guide carefully and exactly. In order to extract native ACPI files, you must boot from USB prepared according to the guide. And the final config.plist should not be used until ACPI patching is finished.

You're not getting SSDTs extracted because you're booting with a config.plist that specifies DropOem=true.

Follow the instructions for re-patching in post #1. You need to do 'make cleanallex' as you now have invalid patchmatic -extract results in native_patchmatic.

sorry to bother you but I googled for whole night and haven't found a proper kext for ALPS.

it seems the author stops upgrading it.
Can you help with this ?
ALPS on my laptop supports up to 5 fingers, it will enhance the experience a lot.
Thank you!

Please follow the guide carefully and exactly. In order to extract native ACPI files, you must boot from USB prepared according to the guide. And the final config.plist should not be used until ACPI patching is finished.

You're not getting SSDTs extracted because you're booting with a config.plist that specifies DropOem=true.

Follow the instructions for re-patching in post #1. You need to do 'make cleanallex' as you now have invalid patchmatic -extract results in native_patchmatic.

Amazing, nearly everything works well except I can't turn my Bluetooch off no mater how I press TURN OFF in system setting. It is very strange. The first time reboot after I finish installing, I can turn BT off. After that I only install some kext for ALPS with KEXT WIZARD. And suddenly I found I can't turn BT off.

I changed another KEXT WIZARD, and repair disk permission again, I still can't turn it off!
Help me please, thank you!

sorry to bother you but I googled for whole night and haven't found a proper kext for ALPS.

it seems the author stops upgrading it.
Can you help with this ?
ALPS on my laptop supports up to 5 fingers, it will enhance the experience a lot.
Thank you!

I have no ALPS hardware. There are many different versions around, so you'll have to search extensively.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back