CPU
Core i7-2600K
Graphics
Intel HD 3000
Mac
MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
iOS
bummer.. I was looking into Radut's fork, but not sure if that is the correct Driver. but I will keep digging there. Thank you,
Radut's may be even newer than the bpedman_merge branch (I may be forked from it).

I have no ALPS hardware, so I'm not tracking it...

Motherboard
Lenovo Y50
CPU
2.59 GHz Intel Core i7
Graphics
NVIDIA GTX 860M - Intel Graphics 4600
ok I will report back if I have any success in either versions, thanks again

Motherboard
Lenovo legion y520
CPU
Intel Core i7-7700HQ
Graphics
Intel HD Graphics 630/Nvidia GTX1050 1920x1080
yes my screen is 1080 that's why there should be no issues with it ..

the problem that every thing works perfect and screen resolution is 1080 without any problem .. all this till i press apple .. sleep
then after waking the lap again, the screen will have alot of artifacts and flickering and this leads to slowness in the system
but then i figured that the sytem itself isn't slowing because when i connect hdmi i can see that every thing is very smooth on the tv screen while it's very slow on the internal screen and hazzy with alot of flickering

then also i figured out that i can replicae the same problem by just changing resolution in display tab in settings
that's why i thought that the internal screen edid got messed somehow and screen resolution got changed after waking from sleep

and also my previous y5070 with exactly the same specs wasn't have any problem like this

and the only difference between the 2 laptops that the older one was recognized as 15.6 screen 1080 in apple..display tab while the new lap showing as 15.5 1080
and i think that screen info is being read from edid so if this one has messed edid, thats's why it shows as 15.5 not 15.6 as the older one

hope it's clear and hope if someone gave me his edid to compare it to my one and also look at apple..display and telling me if it's 15.5 or 15.6
and i'm not talking about the one in apple..overview which showing as macbook pro 15inch .. i knew that this one is related to smbios
i need the one in the tab just beside it

thanks for your patience

and the only fix to get my internal screen working perfect again is by restart
and my internal screen is made by samsung

my fear that windows 10 is the cause of my edid corruption as alot of alienware laptops have broken screens after windows 10 although i got 8.1 back now
here is link
http://forum.notebookreview.com/threads/windows-10-nvidia-whql-drivers-are-killing-alienware-and-clevo-lcd-panels.779449/
that's why maybe something changed making my screen can't be read as its original specs
Mido.fayad Hello, I have exactly the same problem as you. You got to find the solution?

Motherboard
Lenovo y50
CPU
i7 4710HQ
Graphics
NVIDIA GTX 860M 2GB GDDR5
Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
Could configure the gtx 860m as if it were connected by thunderbolt
Or set up for the computer to think it is a gt750 or any compatible? sorry for my english and tanks.

Last edited:

RehabMan

Motherboard
Intel DH67BL
CPU
Core i7-2600K
Graphics
Intel HD 3000
Mac
MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
iOS
Motherboard
Custom Built GA-Z77-UD5H System With Yosemite 10.10.5
CPU
Ivy i7 4th Gen
Graphics
Nvidia Geforce GTX 460
Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
Android
I followed 2 different guides and 2 different Youtube vids.... SMH just not working for me. I have everything working with the exception of video (Very laggy). I even had my bios patched and lowered the DVT value to 128. My resolution is all screwed up.... HELP!!!! Can someone upload their final EFI folder so I can compare to mine. PLEASE! Any help is appreciated. By the way I'm running Sierra.

Lenovo Y50-70 UHD GeForce 860
Bios 1.14 Patched
Advanced Option Enabled
Sound Working
Facetime good (Cam Working)
Ethernet Working
USB working
Video Resolution is laggy as hell and slow
HDMI untested
WI-FI untested (Need to get Broadcom Chip)
Help please....

RehabMan

Motherboard
Intel DH67BL
CPU
Core i7-2600K
Graphics
Intel HD 3000
Mac
MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
iOS
I followed 2 different guides and 2 different Youtube vids.... SMH just not working for me. I have everything working with the exception of video (Very laggy). I even had my bios patched and lowered the DVT value to 128. My resolution is all screwed up.... HELP!!!! Can someone upload their final EFI folder so I can compare to mine. PLEASE! Any help is appreciated. By the way I'm running Sierra.

Lenovo Y50-70 UHD GeForce 860
Bios 1.14 Patched
Advanced Option Enabled
Sound Working
Facetime good (Cam Working)
Ethernet Working
USB working
Video Resolution is laggy as hell and slow
HDMI untested
WI-FI untested (Need to get Broadcom Chip)
Help please....
Follow guide as written. It is linked from post #1.
If you have an issue, read guide, post #1, "Problem Reporting".

CPU
i7-4720hq
Graphics
hd4600, gtx960m
Hello
I have problem with my laptop y50-70 i7-4720hq hd4600, gtx960m and full hd ips panel 1920x1080 - mac os x EL Capitan.
I installed the system according to the guide:

Https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-lenovo-y50-y70-uhd-or-1080p-using-clover-uefi.165188/

Great thanks to RehabMan for this tutorial

My problem is as follows:
After loading the system the screen gets black and sometimes the screen flashes but most of the time it's black.
On the external HDMI monitor everything works fine,

I have a full HD IPS: Samsung LTN156HL07401

When I repladec lcd panel in my laptop for testing from y50-70 full hd without IPS: AUO Optronics B156HTN03.6 everything works fine.

The problem is that on my IPS panel is a black screen

I have an EDID for my Samsung IPS but unfortunately I can not implement it for Mac OS X

In the attachment I am sending EDID dumped on windows from my samsung ips panel and my config.plist files.

Will anyone help run the Samsung IPS?

Attachments

Last edited:

RehabMan

Motherboard
Intel DH67BL
CPU
Core i7-2600K
Graphics
Intel HD 3000
Mac
MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
iOS
Hello
I have problem with my laptop y50-70 i7-4720hq hd4600, gtx960m and full hd ips panel 1920x1080 - mac os x EL Capitan.
I installed the system according to the guide:

Https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-lenovo-y50-y70-uhd-or-1080p-using-clover-uefi.165188/

Great thanks to RehabMan for this tutorial

My problem is as follows:
After loading the system the screen gets black and sometimes the screen flashes but most of the time it's black.
On the external HDMI monitor everything works fine,

I have a full HD IPS: Samsung LTN156HL07401

When I repladec lcd panel in my laptop for testing from y50-70 full hd without IPS: AUO Optronics B156HTN03.6 everything works fine.

The problem is that on my IPS panel is a black screen

I have an EDID for my Samsung IPS but unfortunately I can not implement it for Mac OS X

In the attachment I am sending EDID dumped on windows from my samsung ips panel and my config.plist files.

Will anyone help run the Samsung IPS?
Read guide, post #1, "Problem Reporting" (use HDMI if necessary to collect the required files).

config.plist/Graphics/EDID/Inject=true
config.plist/Graphics/EDID/EDID=<EDID data>
(use a plist editor)

But first we should check whether Clover can detect your EDID (that's why I need ioreg... to extract Clover bootlog)

CPU
i7-4720hq
Graphics
hd4600, gtx960m
Thank you RehabMan for reply

When i now add EDID to config.plist by Clover configurator lcd panel work when i turn off in bios legacy support - work only in uefi mode (this is not problem for me)

Next problem: The laptop screen does not work after waking up from sleep and when i connect/dissconnect HDMI