CPU
Core i7-2600K
Graphics
Intel HD 3000
Mac
MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
iOS
3. I want to install BCM94352 ,will it be plug and play or do I still need to patch something?

If you followed the guide, all requirements for BCM94352 are met.

Motherboard
Lenovo Y50 70 HM86
CPU
Intel Core i7 4710HQ
Graphics
Intel HD Graphics 4600 - NVIDIA GTX860M
Got a question about this. How does one apply the MBR patch to install on an MBR HDD and non UEFI boot? •Got XP on this HDD, don´t •

RehabMan

Motherboard
Intel DH67BL
CPU
Core i7-2600K
Graphics
Intel HD 3000
Mac
MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
iOS
Got a question about this. How does one apply the MBR patch to install on an MBR HDD and non UEFI boot? •Got XP on this HDD, don´t •
MBR patch is not supported here. Please read the rules: http://www.tonymacx86.com/rules/

• This site does not condone piracy or the use of illegally acquired software. Any use, discussion, links to or mentions of a pre-built VM, t*****t, distribution, downloaded, copied, cloned, hacked or modified installer of the operating system will result in an instant ban and account deletion. Piracy is ILLEGAL and NOT TOLERATED.

It is also not needed. You can convert to GPT to install OS X, then convert back to MBR (using gdisk in Linux).

Last edited by a moderator:
Motherboard
Lenovo Y50 70 HM86
CPU
Intel Core i7 4710HQ
Graphics
Intel HD Graphics 4600 - NVIDIA GTX860M
I assume Mac, once installed doesn´t care about the partitioning of the HDD, right?

RehabMan

Motherboard
Intel DH67BL
CPU
Core i7-2600K
Graphics
Intel HD 3000
Mac
MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
iOS
I assume Mac, once installed doesn´t care about the partitioning of the HDD, right?
Correct. Although you can't do much in Disk Utility with an MBR disk.

Motherboard
Lenovo Y50
CPU
2.59 GHz Intel Core i7
Graphics
NVIDIA GTX 860M - Intel Graphics 4600
Has anyone had any luck with a Y50 with an ALPS trackpad? I have been digging around for a modified VoodooPS2Controller for ALPS support but all of the the kexts that I've tried are for Dell notebooks (I think) and crash my hackintosh as I boot into El Capitan.

Have been stuck with basic mouse functions on the trackpad (no multitouch and low sensitivity). Preferences Pane for the Trackpad says "No Trackpad Found"

I have tried removing VoodooPS2TrackPad.kext from the package contents and setting "ACTSLIKETRACKPAD" to "YES" in the info.plist for VoodooPS2Mouse.kext, with no difference in the trackpad functionality.

(Note) I could potentially be installing the Kext's incorrectly - I use Kext Wizard to install and clear the kext cache before rebooting - but any other kext's that I have tried give me a boot error message midway through booting el capitan and I end up having to replace it with the original kext externally.

Processor: Intel i7 2.59 GHz
Graphics: NVIDIA GTX 860m

Thank you,

RehabMan

Motherboard
Intel DH67BL
CPU
Core i7-2600K
Graphics
Intel HD 3000
Mac
MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
iOS
Has anyone had any luck with a Y50 with an ALPS trackpad? I have been digging around for a modified VoodooPS2Controller for ALPS support but all of the the kexts that I've tried are for Dell notebooks (I think) and crash my hackintosh as I boot into El Capitan.
I don't know if we've seen a Y50 with ALPS. Post ioreg (see "Problem Reporting", post #1).

Motherboard
Lenovo Y50
CPU
2.59 GHz Intel Core i7
Graphics
Apologies if I did not export it properly.

All Device Manager information on Windows shows that is ALPS, I could be wrong, but could not find anything in system information pertaining to Synaptics or Elan. Drivers, Model type, etc...

Attachments

RehabMan

Motherboard
Intel DH67BL
CPU
Core i7-2600K
Graphics
Intel HD 3000
Mac
MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
iOS
Apologies if I did not export it properly.

All Device Manager information on Windows shows that is ALPS, I could be wrong, but could not find anything in system information pertaining to Synaptics or Elan. Drivers, Model type, etc...
A google search for "AUI1629" shows it is likely ALPS...

There is the bpedman_merge branch in my own PS2 repo. You could try and build it... I suspect it won't work and will require changes. But if you have C++ experience, you can have at it...

https://github.com/RehabMan/OS-X-Voodoo-PS2-Controller/tree/bpedman_merge

Motherboard
Lenovo Y50
CPU
2.59 GHz Intel Core i7
Graphics
bummer.. I was looking into Radut's fork, but not sure if that is the correct Driver. but I will keep digging there. Thank you,