Contribute
Register

[Guide] Lenovo Y50/Y70 (UHD or 1080p) using Clover UEFI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dear RehabMan thanks for your work.

It's working fine on my Lenovo Y50, UHD. With HDMI - a charm!
Possible, that I cannot call somebody over Facetime while I'm not connected to the WiFi?
(iMessage is working, but cannot call somebody from Facetime > It's greyed out. With the same Apple-ID I can call somebody from an Apple-Device.)

Greetings.

Dear RehabMan thanks for your work.

It's working fine on my Lenovo Y50, UHD. With HDMI - a charm!
Possible, that I cannot call somebody over Facetime while I'm not connected to the WiFi?
(iMessage is working, but cannot call somebody from Facetime > It's greyed out. With the same Apple-ID I can call somebody from an Apple-Device.)

Greetings.

No idea if Facetime works on Ethernet only (your question is not clear, but I think that's what you're asking...).
I don't use Facetime...

(Well, I use Facetime, but just on my iPhone 6s... and audio only)

No idea if Facetime works on Ethernet only (your question is not clear, but I think that's what you're asking...).

Yepp, you got it. I'll observe this one and will respond as soon as I've got an answer to this, or if somebody else knows why?

Just got the Safari-Freeze as soon as some "-webkit-animation" is going on. As I could have read so far, Chrome seems to be the solution.

Just got the Safari-Freeze as soon as some "-webkit-animation" is going on. As I could have read so far, Chrome seems to be the solution.

Lilu.kext + IntelGraphicsFixup.kext.

I didn't add it to the guide/github because previous reports on this thread (from owners of the laptop) were that that particular issue was not affecting this laptop. Plus that issue is specific to Sierra, and this guide is for El Capitan.

Pls call me a noob, but I couldn't figure it out by myself:

My laptop display freezes while boot loading (white bar with apple logo) after updating to 10.12.5 (now 10.12.6), while HDMI display works fine. I looked up in my config.plist and discovered, that the platform-id of my graphic card is set to 0x0a2e0008. But the value for HD4600 should be 0x0a2e0006. I changed the value and voilà, laptop display working fine, but everything else seems crashed. Graphic ram was set back to 31 MB and HDMI display stood black. I put my clover-folder to the attachment and hope somebody can help me out.

Thanks and greetings.

Attachments

• CLOVER Eruheran.zip
    2.7 MB · Views: 208
Pls call me a noob, but I couldn't figure it out by myself:

My laptop display freezes while boot loading (white bar with apple logo) after updating to 10.12.5 (now 10.12.6), while HDMI display works fine. I looked up in my config.plist and discovered, that the platform-id of my graphic card is set to 0x0a2e0008. But the value for HD4600 should be 0x0a2e0006. I changed the value and voilà, laptop display working fine, but everything else seems crashed. Graphic ram was set back to 31 MB and HDMI display stood black. I put my clover-folder to the attachment and hope somebody can help me out.

Thanks and greetings.

Your profile does not indicate screen resolution (please fix as per FAQ).
If you have UHD/4k display, it sounds like you forgot to patch for the pixel clock limit.
Read post #1.

Your profile does not indicate screen resolution (please fix as per FAQ).
If you have UHD/4k display, it sounds like you forgot to patch for the pixel clock limit.
Read post #1.

I'm sure I did this the first time, but seems it has reset somehow. Thanks.

I'm sure I did this the first time, but seems it has reset somehow. Thanks.

System updates will overwrite the patched file. So, as per guide, this is a task you must do again after each system update.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back