Contribute
Register

[Guide] Lenovo Y50 (UHD or 1080p) using Clover UEFI

Status
Not open for further replies.
In first post you says:

For the UHD model, the DVMT-prealloc BIOS setting must be changed to 128MB. One of two methods can be used:
- use a EFI shell to change the DVMT-prealloc from the shell.
- use a patched BIOS which unlocks the advanced menu

And advice to ask a mods of bios to bios-mod
I do it and they make me a bios with unlocks the advanced menu were I can change DVMT-prealloc

isn't good?

I think most here (that have success) are using the EFI shell and avoiding patched BIOS.
If you use patched BIOS, it calls into question too many things (because then you have more options, which provides more options that may need to be set specifically).

I have probably already mentioned this, and as far as I know you have not tried...
Using ig-platform-id 0xa260006 and the matching 128mb patch in config.plist is worth a try.
Look at your config.plist.

I mention 0xa260006, as I recognize there may be an issue with brightness controls (although none of you have reported it) with 0xa2e0008 as it uses 0x56c range instead of 0xad9 (0xa260006 uses 0xad9, 0xa2e0008 uses 0x56c... which requires changes to RMCF.LMAX, as the code for Haswell PNLF assumes 0xad9 when LMAX is not specified).

These are the changes for 0xa260006 (and also has an additional PWMMax patch for 0xa2e0008, such that LMAX would not need to be changed):
Code:
diff --git a/config_UHD.plist b/config_UHD.plist
index 60cf397..0a1c43b 100755
--- a/config_UHD.plist
+++ b/config_UHD.plist
@@ -448,7 +448,7 @@
            <false/>
        </dict>
        <key>ig-platform-id</key>
-        <string>0x0a2e0008</string>
+        <string>0x0a260006</string>
    </dict>
    <key>KernelAndKextPatches</key>
    <dict>
@@ -644,7 +644,7 @@
                <key>Comment</key>
                <string>Enable 128MB DVMT-prealloc, 48MB framebuffer, 48MB cursor, 0x0a260006</string>
                <key>Disabled</key>
-                <true/>
+                <false/>
                <key>Find</key>
                <data>BgAmCgEDAwMAAAACAAAwAQAAYAA=</data>
                <key>Name</key>
@@ -666,6 +666,18 @@
            </dict>
            <dict>
                <key>Comment</key>
+                <string>HDMI-audio, port 0105(12), 0x0a260005 0x0a260006, 0x0d220003, 0x0a2e000a, 0x0a26000a</string>
+                <key>Disabled</key>
+                <key>Name</key>
+                <string>com.apple.driver.AppleIntelFramebufferAzul</string>
+                <key>Find</key>
+                <data>AQUJAAAEAACHAAAA</data>
+                <key>Replace</key>
+                <data>AQUSAAAIAACHAAAA</data>
+            </dict>
+            <dict>
+                <key>Comment</key>
                <string>0x0a260006, disable 0204 port (RehabMan)</string>
                <key>Disabled</key>
                <false/>
@@ -688,6 +700,18 @@
                <key>Replace</key>
                <data>RiV1VHh4eHgA</data>
            </dict>
+            <dict>
+                <key>Comment</key>
+                <string>0x0a2e0008, change PWMMax from 0x056c to 0x0ad9 (RehabMan)</string>
+                <key>Disabled</key>
+                <key>Name</key>
+                <string>com.apple.driver.AppleIntelFramebufferAzul</string>
+                <key>Find</key>
+                <data>AAAAYGwFAABsBQAA</data>
+                <key>Replace</key>
+                <data>AAAAYNkKAADZCgAA</data>
+            </dict>
        </array>
    </dict>
    <key>RtVariables</key>

Last edited:
Your profile is not filled out as requested in the guide/FAQ. Please fix as per FAQ:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/

It looks like you need to enable CSM/legacy boot as per post #1.

Thanks RehabMan.. now everything works. but now there are two annoying Boots at the clover boot. 1) FileVault and 2) Preboot. if I click on these two there is High Sierra but I'm annoying because with Paragon they come out. how can I remove them?

I think most here (that have success) are using the EFI shell and avoiding patched BIOS.
If you use patched BIOS, it calls into question too many things (because then you have more options, which provides more options that may need to be set specifically).

I have probably already mentioned this, and as far as I know you have not tried...
Using ig-platform-id 0xa260006 and the matching 128mb patch in config.plist is worth a try.
Look at your config.plist.

I mention 0xa260006, as I recognize there may be an issue with brightness controls (although none of you have reported it) with 0xa2e0008 as it uses 0x56c range instead of 0xad9 (0xa260006 uses 0xad9, 0xa2e0008 uses 0x56c... which requires changes to RMCF.LMAX, as the code for Haswell PNLF assumes 0xad9 when LMAX is not specified).

These are the changes for 0xa260006 (and also has an additional PWMMax patch for 0xa2e0008, such that LMAX would not need to be changed):

I try yo change config.plist and enabled 128mb patch and after reboot but have the same graphic glitch

this is all files with config.plist

Attachments

• Archivio.zip
    4.7 MB · Views: 90
Thanks RehabMan.. now everything works. but now there are two annoying Boots at the clover boot. 1) FileVault and 2) Preboot. if I click on these two there is High Sierra but I'm annoying because with Paragon they come out. how can I remove them?

Look at GUI/Hide in the guide plists:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-booting-the-os-x-installer-on-laptops-with-clover.148093/

I have not added them to the plists in the repo.

FYI: Don't use Paragon. It is known to cause file system corruption.

I try yo change config.plist and enabled 128mb patch and after reboot but have the same graphic glitch

this is all files with config.plist

You did not make the changes I suggested.
Your ioreg proves you're still using 0x0a2e0008 instead of 0x0a260006.

Look at the diffs I provided carefully.

Your ioreg shows backlight control is not implemented correctly.
You need to rebuild cache and reboot such that the patch for AppleBacklight can be applied by Clover.
Also, you should see AppleBacklightInjector.kext in your kextcache output.

Hi Rehabman, Problem reporting files attached. I plugged in the HDMI connector, and on my Samsung TV, everything is working as expected, on the TV that is. On my built-in display (screenshots attached), it's showing as expected and the HD 4600 is listing the correct amount of memory.

Not working - HD 4600 built-in display (glitchy flashing top 1/4 of screen only). I'd be grateful if you could take a look at the attached Problem Reporting zip file ... Kext cache rebuild worked, once I set safe boot = off in config.plist (csrutil disable), so, thanks for that advice ...

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-11-20 at 18.39.08.png
    Screen Shot 2017-11-20 at 18.39.08.png
    165 KB · Views: 101
  • Screen Shot 2017-11-20 at 18.39.32.png
    Screen Shot 2017-11-20 at 18.39.32.png
    118.2 KB · Views: 98
  • Problem Reporting.zip
    2.3 MB · Views: 73
You did not make the changes I suggested.
Your ioreg proves you're still using 0x0a2e0008 instead of 0x0a260006.

Look at the diffs I provided carefully.
Sorry I upload the wrong folder, this is updated also with Ioreg file

With new edit the graphic glitch are increased a bit, expecially in desktop when boot up

Attachments

• Archivio.zip
    4.6 MB · Views: 73
Hi Rehabman, Problem reporting files attached. I plugged in the HDMI connector, and on my Samsung TV, everything is working as expected, on the TV that is. On my built-in display (screenshots attached), it's showing as expected and the HD 4600 is listing the correct amount of memory.

Not working - HD 4600 built-in display (glitchy flashing top 1/4 of screen only). I'd be grateful if you could take a look at the attached Problem Reporting zip file ... Kext cache rebuild worked, once I set safe boot = off in config.plist (csrutil disable), so, thanks for that advice ...

Your version of Clover is very old.
Use my latest build.
Make sure BIOS settings are correct.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back