Contribute
Register

[Guide] Lenovo Y50 (UHD or 1080p) using Clover UEFI

Status
Not open for further replies.
I already attached You Clover folder and verbose mode screen how sayd in problem reporting

You wrote: "In SysPref-> touchpd There isn't nothing and I report also this Graphic bug, There Is a solution?"

Which implies you can boot.

Therefore:
- verbose boot photo not applicable
- other files/output required: ioreg, patchmatic -extract, kextcache, kextstat, etc.

You wrote: "In SysPref-> touchpd There isn't nothing and I report also this Graphic bug, There Is a solution?"

Which implies you can boot.

Therefore:
- verbose boot photo not applicable
- other files/output
required: ioreg, patchmatic -extract, kextcache, kextstat, etc.

sorry, this is my clover folder

In SysPref-> Touchpad There isn't nothing and I report also this Graphic bug/glitch how in video that I upload in package expecially when I use app download from internet how Whatsapp, Skype, Chrome ec...

I use the-darkvoid patch how guide explain

In file miss only IORegistryExplorer report, I will upload soon (I'm downloading Xcode..)

View attachment 293335

View attachment 293336

View attachment 293337

I attach other report problem files, miss only IORegistry that I will upload soon
I report also other problem how graphic glitch ( I use the-darkvoid patch with a Lenovo y50-70 UHD)

Attachments

• Archivio.zip
    4.1 MB · Views: 65
I attach other report problem files, miss only IORegistry that I will upload soon

No sense in replying with partial files.
Please reply with all files/output requested in "Problem Reporting".

No sense in replying with partial files.
Please reply with all files/output requested in "Problem Reporting".
I wait download of Xcode..

This is complete report problems file, remember you the problem

In SysPref-> Touchpad There isn't nothing and I report also this Graphic bug/glitch how in video that I upload in package expecially when I use app download from internet how Whatsapp, Skype, Chrome ec...

I use the-darkvoid patch how guide explain

Thanks

Attachments

• Archivio.zip
    4.7 MB · Views: 84
In SysPref-> Touchpad There isn't nothing

Your trackpad is not Synaptics. You will need to install appropriate PS2 trackpad kexts for your hardware (this guide installs my Synaptics driver as it is the most common hardware).

and I report also this Graphic bug/glitch how in video that I upload in package expecially when I use app download from internet how Whatsapp, Skype, Chrome ec...

Make sure you set DVMT-prealloc to 128mb.

Your trackpad is not Synaptics. You will need to install appropriate PS2 trackpad kexts for your hardware (this guide installs my Synaptics driver as it is the most common hardware).

Make sure you set DVMT-prealloc to 128mb.

Where can find the appropriate Kext and how can install it?
I know my Touchpad is Alps
sorry but is the first time that make this, thanks for your help

DVMT-prealloc is to 128mb in Bios, there is other solution?

PS: If can help anyone I try FaceTime and Message and works without Fix

Last edited:
Where can find the appropriate Kext and how can install it?
I know my Touchpad is Alps[/quote]

Google broken for you?
There is a kext for ALPS, but I do not link it or support it as it is not open source and, in fact, violates the APSL.

DVMT-prealloc is to 128mb in Bios, there is other solution?

What do you mean by "in BIOS"? For the Y50, you have to use the special UEFI shell (with a very specific downgraded BIOS) to set it as the option is not provided in BIOS. Details in post #1.

And assuming you have DVMT-prealloc set properly, there are also different ig-platform-id values and config.plist patches you can try (some which use DVMT-prealloc 160mb). Refer to the various patches in config.plist and experiment, but only after you verify your DVMT-prealloc setting.

What do you mean by "in BIOS"? For the Y50, you have to use the special UEFI shell (with a very specific downgraded BIOS) to set it as the option is not provided in BIOS. Details in post #1.

And assuming you have DVMT-prealloc set properly, there are also different ig-platform-id values and config.plist patches you can try (some which use DVMT-prealloc 160mb). Refer to the various patches in config.plist and experiment, but only after you verify your DVMT-prealloc setting.

I have bios mod With unlocked advance menu for change DVMT-prealloc how You advice in First post so I'm sure of that

I have bios mod With unlocked advance menu for change DVMT-prealloc how You advice in First post so I'm sure of that

It is not according to the guide.
This guide uses stock BIOS and the UEFI shell.
Perhaps following post #1, as written, is a good idea.

It is not according to the guide.
This guide uses stock BIOS and the UEFI shell.
Perhaps following post #1, as written, is a good idea.

In first post you says:

For the UHD model, the DVMT-prealloc BIOS setting must be changed to 128MB. One of two methods can be used:
- use a EFI shell to change the DVMT-prealloc from the shell.
- use a patched BIOS which unlocks the advanced menu

And advice to ask a mods of bios to bios-mod
I do it and they make me a bios with unlocks the advanced menu were I can change DVMT-prealloc

isn't good?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back