Contribute
Register

[Guide] Lenovo Y50 (UHD or 1080p) using Clover UEFI (10.11)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello,
I successfully installed MacOS El Capitan 10.11.6 with your guide, and it's working incredible well and smooth for over then a six month now. However, due some programs that I use, I need to update it to Sierra. I've downloaded Sierra from App Store, launched the installer, and it seems to went well, and then promoted that I need to reboot to continue. After I pressed Reboot the system just rebooted and normally launched old 10.11.6 without any notifications whatsoever about the update. I tried multiple times and the problem is still the same.

P.S. I also tried launch installer from safe / verbose mode, as root user as was suggested in the Internet, nothing worked so far.

Any advice will be greatly appreciated.

You need to boot the installer.
Pay attention to the options available in Clover upon reboot.

You need to boot the installer.
Pay attention to the options available in Clover upon reboot.
In Clover boot I've got boot options:
1) Boot from *My HDD partition with OS X name* (which normally boot system)
2) Boot Recovery mode

Anywhere I can got further?

In Clover boot I've got boot options:
1) Boot from *My HDD partition with OS X name* (which normally boot system)
2) Boot Recovery mode

Anywhere I can got further?

Then you didn't run the installer properly.
After running the installer, you will have an option "Boot macOS install from *OS X partition name*".

Or you forgot to update Clover.

Then you didn't run the installer properly.
After running the installer, you will have an option "Boot macOS install from *OS X partition name*".

Or you forgot to update Clover.
What am I doing wrong?
From my current 10.11.6 I've downloaded Sierra from App Store. Then I run an installer, accept Terms, choose install partition (the only one available - my current one), then press Install. Installation doing something for about 2 minutes (I have SSD, just notice) and then asks for restart. After I press restart, I have the same Clover options: Boot from partition (boot current OS as normal startup), Boot from recovery.
No more prompts, etc

P.S. I tried fresh install Sierra, created bootable flash as described in your guide (the same way as or El Capitan, which worked perfectly). But when I tried to boot with it, it "stacked" on Apple logo (not really stacked, like the half of the loading bar loaded good, but another moved a little per time, but not loaded completely even after 18 hours). There is no usb or flash media issues because afterwards I repeated all this steps with El Capitan and it loaded and installed successfully in about 20 minutes. Maybe you can give some hints? High Sierra also "stacks".

Last edited:
What am I doing wrong?
From my current 10.11.6 I've downloaded Sierra from App Store. Then I run an installer, accept Terms, choose install partition (the only one available - my current one), then press Install. Installation doing something for about 2 minutes (I have SSD, just notice) and then asks for restart. After I press restart, I have the same Clover options: Boot from partition (boot current OS as normal startup), Boot from recovery.
No more prompts, etc

I think you likely forgot to update Clover.
Old Clover will not recognize a 10.12 installer.

P.S. I tried fresh install Sierra, created bootable flash as described in your guide (the same way as or El Capitan, which worked perfectly). But when I tried to boot with it, it "stacked" on Apple logo (not really stacked, like the half of the loading bar loaded good, but another moved a little per time, but not loaded completely even after 18 hours). There is no usb or flash media issues because afterwards I repeated all this steps with El Capitan and it loaded and installed successfully in about 20 minutes. Maybe you can give some hints? High Sierra also "stacks".

Not possible to diagnose your mistake without "Problem Reporting" files.
Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting"
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/

How can I safely update clover, without loosing all my configs, patches, etc?

Updating Clover does not affect your EFI/Clover setup (config.plist, ACPI/patched, etc).
Make sure you read post #1, "Major updates".

Last edited:
Thank you for your help, ended up fresh reinstall everything, and it's worked!

Is there any fix or setting to remove mouse cursor delay on trackpad after keyboard input?
After any input with keyboard (after text input), mouse cursor hides and appears, becomes "movable" after about 1-2 seconds. If I use trackpad right after input, cursor never appears and I can't use pointer. I had to stop touching trackpad and wait 1-2 sec before it getting back to default behavior. If I use mouse, cursor becomes "movable" ad visible immediately. How can I make it like in Windows: any keyboard input does not stopping cursor movement.
I've tried different touchpad kexts (all worked very well, gestures and etc.) but this problem remains the same.

P.S. I have ELAN trackpad

Last edited:
If you are using elan kext it is normal.
You can turn off the function but by policy I can't link the solution.
Search on you have downloaded the kext for Elan.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back