Contribute
Register

[Guide] Lenovo Y50 (UHD or 1080p) using Clover UEFI (10.11)

Status
Not open for further replies.
And the behavior of the fan?

sounds louder
goes to frenzy speed much faster then in windows

i still assume it the nvidia fan that docent work properly as both are responsible to cool the CPU

Hello bro

everything works with me .. but any solution for touchpad because not work with me

Hello bro

everything works with me .. but any solution for touchpad because not work with me

Hey mate,
You gotta include more information than that. How does the touchpad not work? What brand is it? What is your hardware? Your install files (EFI folder), etc. All of these requirements are listed in post #1 under Problem Reporting

hello
My laptop lenovo y50
The touchpad not working with me only the right ans left buttons work
Yup installed Efi files
Hey mate,
You gotta include more information than that. How does the touchpad not work? What brand is it? What is your hardware? Your install files (EFI folder), etc. All of these requirements are listed in post #1 under Problem Reporting
lo

hello
My laptop lenovo y50
Yup installed Efi files

lo

Read post #1, "Problem Reporting"

I have tried to fill up personal and build details in my account. I ma not sure why, but I am not able to save the page. When clicked 'save', the page only refreshes. I was able to enter some personal information though.

Here are my build details Lenovo y50, Haswell i7 4700HQ, UHD (3840 X 2160), 16GB RAM, 256 GB SSD.

I have followed your guide step-by-step. I have read the linked guide for setting up laptop with clover, too. Before the last step i.e. before executing

"sudo touch /System/Library/Extensions && sudo kextcache -u /"

I reboot without caches (and not the other saying ' without caches and without injected kexts'). I am stuck with an error -
"could not communicate with bluetooth transport successfully".I am attaching the screenshot of this.

I am still able to boot with config.plist which we use for installation. From what I read on the forum, this relates somehow to the injected graphics not working.

I have done "setup_var 0x18C 0x4" using UEFI shell. I have patched IOKit. Also, put config_UHD.plist as config.plist. I checked that your procedure has put FakePCIID and PCIID_intel_hd_graphics.kext files in Library/Extensions folder. I have done this 4-5 times from scratch along with OSX installation. Despite following this article, I am sure I am doing something wrong or missing something. I am attaching my clover folder as seen on SYSTEM_DRV (EFI partition).

Please advise.

Attachments

• IMG_20160501_232634.jpg
    IMG_20160501_232634.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 95
  • EFI.zip
    17.6 MB · Views: 84
I have tried to fill up personal and build details in my account. I ma not sure why, but I am not able to save the page. When clicked 'save', the page only refreshes. I was able to enter some personal information though.

Here are my build details Lenovo y50, Haswell i7 4700HQ, UHD (3840 X 2160), 16GB RAM, 256 GB SSD.

I have followed your guide step-by-step. I have read the linked guide for setting up laptop with clover, too. Before the last step i.e. before executing

"sudo touch /System/Library/Extensions && sudo kextcache -u /"

I reboot without caches (and not the other saying ' without caches and without injected kexts'). I am stuck with an error -
"could not communicate with bluetooth transport successfully".I am attaching the screenshot of this.

I am still able to boot with config.plist which we use for installation. From what I read on the forum, this relates somehow to the injected graphics not working.

I have done "setup_var 0x18C 0x4" using UEFI shell. I have patched IOKit. Also, put config_UHD.plist as config.plist. I checked that your procedure has put FakePCIID and PCIID_intel_hd_graphics.kext files in Library/Extensions folder. I have done this 4-5 times from scratch along with OSX installation. Despite following this article, I am sure I am doing something wrong or missing something. I am attaching my clover folder as seen on SYSTEM_DRV (EFI partition).

Please advise.

Read post #1, "Problem Reporting"

hello
My laptop lenovo y50
Yup installed Efi files

lo

You have not included any hardware, attached your EFI folder, not have you read the Problem Reporting section
I understand that English isn't your first language, but please take the time to read and understand anything. It will save everyone (both you and us) time

Here is output of expected commands:
-----------------------------------------

admins-MacBook-Pro:RehabMan admin$ kextstat|grep -y acpiplat

13 2 0xffffff7f8213c000 0x66000 0x66000 com.apple.driver.AppleACPIPlatform (4.0) A29C7512-D3A8-3AED-9721-3A5FF1A32EB2 <12 11 7 6 5 4 3 1>

admins-MacBook-Pro:RehabMan admin$ kextstat|grep -y appleintelcpu

admins-MacBook-Pro:RehabMan admin$ kextstat|grep -y applelpc

admins-MacBook-Pro:RehabMan admin$ kextstat|grep -y applehda

83 0 0xffffff7f8209d000 0x1e000 0x1e000 com.apple.driver.AppleHDAController (274.7) CFF7F97F-6E1F-3CF9-A8E3-76125E9CA414 <82 81 77 12 7 6 5 4 3 1>

Another section of output
---------------------------

admins-MacBook-Pro:RehabMan admin$ sudo touch /System/Library/Extensions && sudo kextcache -u /

Password:

kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext VoodooPS2Trackpad.kext

kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext VoodooPS2Mouse.kext

kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext VoodooPS2Keyboard.kext

kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext VoodooPS2Controller.kext

kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext USBInjectAll.kext

kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext RealtekRTL8111.kext

kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext IntelBacklight.kext

kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext FakeSMC.kext

kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext FakePCIID_Intel_HDMI_Audio.kext

kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext FakePCIID_Intel_HD_Graphics.kext

kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext FakePCIID.kext

kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext CodecCommander.kext

kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext ACPIBatteryManager.kext

admins-MacBook-Pro:RehabMan admin$

Also, please find attached herewith the relevant other files.

Attachments

• RehabMan.zip
    30.7 KB · Views: 75
  • EFI.zip
    17.6 MB · Views: 70
  • admin’s MacBook Pro.ioreg
    5.7 MB · Views: 91
Here is output of expected commands:
-----------------------------------------

admins-MacBook-Pro:RehabMan admin$ kextstat|grep -y acpiplat

13 2 0xffffff7f8213c000 0x66000 0x66000 com.apple.driver.AppleACPIPlatform (4.0) A29C7512-D3A8-3AED-9721-3A5FF1A32EB2 <12 11 7 6 5 4 3 1>

admins-MacBook-Pro:RehabMan admin$ kextstat|grep -y appleintelcpu

admins-MacBook-Pro:RehabMan admin$ kextstat|grep -y applelpc

admins-MacBook-Pro:RehabMan admin$ kextstat|grep -y applehda

83 0 0xffffff7f8209d000 0x1e000 0x1e000 com.apple.driver.AppleHDAController (274.7) CFF7F97F-6E1F-3CF9-A8E3-76125E9CA414 <82 81 77 12 7 6 5 4 3 1>

Another section of output
---------------------------

admins-MacBook-Pro:RehabMan admin$ sudo touch /System/Library/Extensions && sudo kextcache -u /

Password:

kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext VoodooPS2Trackpad.kext

kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext VoodooPS2Mouse.kext

kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext VoodooPS2Keyboard.kext

kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext VoodooPS2Controller.kext

kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext USBInjectAll.kext

kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext RealtekRTL8111.kext

kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext IntelBacklight.kext

kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext FakeSMC.kext

kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext FakePCIID_Intel_HDMI_Audio.kext

kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext FakePCIID_Intel_HD_Graphics.kext

kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext FakePCIID.kext

kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext CodecCommander.kext

kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext ACPIBatteryManager.kext

admins-MacBook-Pro:RehabMan admin$

Also, please find attached herewith the relevant other files.

The ioreg shows no ig-platform-id injected, probably because you're booting from USB.

Keep in mind that everytime you boot without graphics injection, your kernel cache is likely built without the graphics kexts present. After that you must boot without caches and rebuild cache again before you can boot with injection. It is because Clover can only patch kexts it loads. Using an external monitor can be helpful in troubleshooting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back