Contribute
Register

[Guide] Lenovo Y50 (UHD or 1080p) using Clover UEFI (10.11)

Status
Not open for further replies.
The ioreg shows no ig-platform-id injected, probably because you're booting from USB.

Keep in mind that everytime you boot without graphics injection, your kernel cache is likely built without the graphics kexts present. After that you must boot without caches and rebuild cache again before you can boot with injection. It is because Clover can only patch kexts it loads. Using an external monitor can be helpful in troubleshooting.

Yes, I am posting the results after booting through USB. It is because I am able to boot using USB only.
Yes, I understand that to build the new cache, before the last step given in the guide, I should reboot without caches. Then I should run

sudo touch /System/Library/Extensions && sudo kextcache -u /

But, this is where I come across the error I posted a screenshot of. I do not have external monitor. I can provide any other information you may need. Please advise how I can resolve this.

Also, while going through forums, I have seen there are some members with UHD models with working QE/CI. I have the same model so I am very hopeful that you can assist me resolve this.

Yes, I am posting the results after booting through USB. It is because I am able to boot using USB only.
Yes, I understand that to build the new cache, before the last step given in the guide, I should reboot without caches. Then I should run

sudo touch /System/Library/Extensions && sudo kextcache -u /

But, this is where I come across the error I posted a screenshot of. I do not have external monitor. I can provide any other information you may need. Please advise how I can resolve this.

If when you boot without caches, you have QE/CI working, then it is time to rebuild cache. After that you should be able to boot with caches (as Clover can still patch the kext in cache). If you don't have QE/CI working when you boot without caches, then you're doing something else wrong.

If when you boot without caches, you have QE/CI working, then it is time to rebuild cache. After that you should be able to boot with caches (as Clover can still patch the kext in cache). If you don't have QE/CI working when you boot without caches, then you're doing something else wrong.

From the files you are having, is it possible for you to advise what I might be missing? I will prepare a write-up about the exact steps I followed and send it to you so that you can update what I might be missing. I had seen another post from some other guy with Intel HD 4400 QE/CUI working correctly. Shall I try his DVMT prealloc values and patches he has applied? I know it is wrong as I am having HD 4600. But, I am quite desperate to get it working. Is it worth a try?

From the files you are having, is it possible for you to advise what I might be missing? I will prepare a write-up about the exact steps I followed and send it to you so that you can update what I might be missing. I had seen another post from some other guy with Intel HD 4400 QE/CUI working correctly. Shall I try his DVMT prealloc values and patches he has applied? I know it is wrong as I am having HD 4600. But, I am quite desperate to get it working. Is it worth a try?

If you provide ioreg after booting without caches, I'll look... Setting DVMT-prealloc is a requirement.

Ok. But, not being able to boot upto OSX GUI itself is my issue. I have set DVMT prealloc to 128MB (setup_var 0x18c 0x04). I am really feeling lost here as I have no clues about what to do further.

I have also tried to check through EFI shell if my setup value is there with it.

I have also tried to check through EFI shell if my setup value is there with it.

And? Like Rehabman after booting without cache.
How did you set the DVMT prealloc? Did you verify this actually worked?

Ok. But, not being able to boot upto OSX GUI itself is my issue. I have set DVMT prealloc to 128MB (setup_var 0x18c 0x04). I am really feeling lost here as I have no clues about what to do further.

You must boot without caches initially. Use an external monitor to help with troubleshooting.

Hi guys, its been my first time trying to install this on my UHD Y50-70 on Yosemite.

The install process was good and easy thanks to this guide , however I cant seem to fix the graphics acceleration and audio.

The pc will boot slowly being installed on a ssd and it will go very slowly on the login screen and then its animations load slowly everywhere on the desktop. I have looked around and messed with the settings from other posts but hasnt worked. I have run the command to rebuild caches and had no progress for the last 2 days on trying to fix it up.

Appreciate help on this

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back