Contribute
Register

[Guide] Lenovo Y50 (UHD or 1080p) using Clover UEFI (10.11)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here is the video. Also, while scrolling between the drawer in launchpad, the transition lags so much. Like it stutters for a second and then moves to another drawer window. I have shown the same in the video.

Link:https://www.dropbox.com/s/pytmcygqy17jn53/Rehabman.mov?dl=0

In the first case, it is likely you have already assigned some other functions to Option+Command+arrow keys (those are the keys generated by three finger swipe). You should look in your settings to see where that key combination is applied. It is also possible you have installed some 3rd party software that is intercepting the keys before SysPrefs->Keyboard can see them.

In the second case, that is two finger scrolling (you can also use left arrow/right arrow) and looks normal to me. Keep in mind that UHD is pushing a lot of pixels and HD4600 is a bit weak for it.

In the first case, it is likely you have already assigned some other functions to Option+Command+arrow keys (those are the keys generated by three finger swipe). You should look in your settings to see where that key combination is applied. It is also possible you have installed some 3rd party software that is intercepting the keys before SysPrefs->Keyboard can see them.

In the second case, that is two finger scrolling (you can also use left arrow/right arrow) and looks normal to me. Keep in mind that UHD is pushing a lot of pixels and HD4600 is a bit weak for it.

Daaammnnn Man. You just know every thing. It was HyperDock that was intercepting everything. Turned it off and then was able to do it. Thank You so much.

Thank you!

I installed El Capitan 10.11.3 but i have got 2 problems my audio card won't work i have tried your ways but i wont work for me. Second problem i copied my Clover boot into the HDD's UEFI partition form USB with Windows and after i edited UEFI entrys with EasyUEFI it's worked for there but when i tried boot up from HDD's Clover its stuck but when i boot from USB's Clover its worked. So how can i fix them?

Thank you! You are great man

There is my output files

Attachments

• Ismail MacBook Pro.ioreg
    6 MB · Views: 73
  • RehabMan.zip
    30.7 KB · Views: 55
  • kextstats.zip
    1.7 KB · Views: 78
Thank you!

I installed El Capitan 10.11.3 but i have got 2 problems my audio card won't work i have tried your ways but i wont work for me. Second problem i copied my Clover boot into the HDD's UEFI partition form USB with Windows and after i edited UEFI entrys with EasyUEFI it's worked for there but when i tried boot up from HDD's Clover its stuck but when i boot from USB's Clover its worked. So how can i fix them?

There is my output files

Please provide all files and output as requested in post #1, "Problem Reporting"

Note: If you're still booting from USB, audio not expected to work.

Thank you!

There is my output files

The guide doesn't say to copy the Clover folder from Flash Drive UEFI to your computers UEFI. You need to install Clover Bootloader through the setup, the same way you did for your USB. Don't copy USB Clover Folder to Laptop EFI Partition.

The guide doesn't say to copy the Clover folder from Flash Drive UEFI to your computers UEFI. You need to install Clover Bootloader through the setup, the same way you did for your USB. Don't copy USB Clover Folder to Laptop EFI Partition.

thank you,

i followed youtube video from Atech but he didnt reply for problems, i installed Clover to HDD and its worked perfectly after this i ran sudo kext cache clear code and reboot 4 times but it didint worked for me, so how can i fix it?

thank you,

i followed youtube video from Atech but he didnt reply for problems, i installed Clover to HDD and its worked perfectly after this i ran sudo kext cache clear code and reboot 4 times but it didint worked for me, so how can i fix it?

Why are you following two different guides? Either follow RehabMan's guide till the end or stick to ATech's guide. Mixing two guides will cause error no wonder. Don't mix two guides.

thank you,

All you need is in post #1. No other guides are supported in this thread.

Hello, RehabMan .

I am writing you here as my third attempt in installing OSX into my UHD Lenovo Y50 which sits here with dust on it.

As a reminder, on my previous attempt I was telling you that everything went fine except that after it booted, the screen was continuously flickering, without being usable (only when booting with Injection disabled it displayed but off graphic acceleration is not working)

On external monitor, everything is smooth and working well, except few minor things:
1. The menu bar has some artefacts sometimes, it vanishes the color.
2. I noticed that when playing a movie on VLC player, after some time the sounds stops and I have to reboot.

It seems that graphics acceleration works but on the UHD cannot fix the flickering.

Here is a video preview of what it does: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rlwp937ovVkView attachment Adrian’s MacBook Pro.ioregView attachment Clover_Install_Log.txtView attachment CLOVER.zipView attachment RehabMan.zip

I would really appreciate if we find the issue. I noticed someone else also had this flickering issue but didn't see any resolution yet.

Thanks in advance !

Also, I attached all files for the problem reporting.
Here are my outputs as well:

Adrians-MacBook-Pro:RehabMan adrianzaharia$ patchmatic -extract
Adrians-MacBook-Pro:RehabMan adrianzaharia$ kextstat|grep -y acpiplat
13 2 0xffffff7f82c92000 0x66000 0x66000 com.apple.driver.AppleACPIPlatform (4.0) 3BE4E926-E063-3BBD-BE05-F6F97358C7A4 <12 11 7 6 5 4 3 1>
Adrians-MacBook-Pro:RehabMan adrianzaharia$ kextstat|grep -y appleintelcpu
Adrians-MacBook-Pro:RehabMan adrianzaharia$ kextstat|grep -y applelpc
77 0 0xffffff7f8292a000 0x3000 0x3000 com.apple.driver.AppleLPC (3.1) 32BDCF9F-0473-32D4-9DAE-F523EFB2D244 <69 12 5 4 3>
Adrians-MacBook-Pro:RehabMan adrianzaharia$ kextstat|grep -y applehda
86 1 0xffffff7f8116c000 0x1d000 0x1d000 com.apple.driver.AppleHDAController (272.51.3) AC7816C9-DEF7-310A-B059-5852BF07A843 <85 84 65 12 7 6 5 4 3 1>
108 0 0xffffff7f812f6000 0xb2000 0xb2000 com.apple.driver.AppleHDA (9272.50.31) 344D4A99-D22C-3E43-9699-82C1B7044CE2 <107 86 85 84 80 65 6 5 4 3 1>
Adrians-MacBook-Pro:RehabMan adrianzaharia$ sudo touch /System/Library/Extensions && sudo kextcache -u /
Password:
Sorry, try again.
Password:
kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext VoodooPS2Trackpad.kext
kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext VoodooPS2Mouse.kext
kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext VoodooPS2Keyboard.kext
kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext VoodooPS2Controller.kext
kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext USBInjectAll.kext
kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext RealtekRTL8111.kext
kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext IntelBacklight.kext
kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext FakeSMC.kext
kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext FakePCIID_Intel_HDMI_Audio.kext
kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext FakePCIID_Intel_HD_Graphics.kext
kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext FakePCIID_Broadcom_WiFi.kext
kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext FakePCIID.kext
kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext CodecCommander.kext
kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext BrcmPatchRAM2.kext
kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext BrcmFirmwareRepo.kext
kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67030 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA2A for kext AppleHDA_ALC283.kext
kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext ACPIBatteryManager.kext

View attachment Adrian’s MacBook Pro.ioregView attachment Clover_Install_Log.txtView attachment CLOVER.zipView attachment RehabMan.zip

Is anyone else also getting the still waiting for root device error?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back