Contribute
Register

[Guide] Lenovo Y50 (UHD or 1080p) using Clover UEFI (10.11)

Status
Not open for further replies.
No idea. The patched md5 is unrecognized.

Can't check within OS X. Use the UEFI shell and setup_var.

DVMT seems to be alright.

I also tried to change Frame Rate but it is already locked to 48Hz as default on this display.

Tried everything.. really wish to fix it. On external monitor i can work well with it, but i wish i can use extended feature without having to close the lid always

No idea. The patched md5 is unrecognized.

Can't check within OS X. Use the UEFI shell and setup_var.

I tried to change refresh rate to 46 Hz instead of 48 but still no luck in that. Everything works excellent on external monitor except few glitches on the menu bar that happen sometimes after reboot. But the rest, buffering, effects, transparency, everything is smooth. They also look the same on the laptop but it is flickering so hard. You can see in the youtube video i linked to initial post.

I still believe this is a IOKit issue, need a new patch or so. Any help with this?

I tried to change refresh rate to 46 Hz instead of 48 but still no luck in that. Everything works excellent on external monitor except few glitches on the menu bar that happen sometimes after reboot. But the rest, buffering, effects, transparency, everything is smooth. They also look the same on the laptop but it is flickering so hard. You can see in the youtube video i linked to initial post.

I still believe this is a IOKit issue, need a new patch or so. Any help with this?

The IOKit patch in the script is working for others. No other known solutions.

Your problem seems unique. It could be something specific to the screen installed or the EDID.

The IOKit patch in the script is working for others. No other known solutions.

Your problem seems unique. It could be something specific to the screen installed or the EDID.

Well the fact is that long ago when the guide was for Mavericks, it worked fine.
After Yosemite, on my second try, the flickering appeared every time i tried this guide.

And as i can see, someone else before me on this topic has a similar problem with UHD on Yosemite/El Capitan

Well the fact is that long ago when the guide was for Mavericks, it worked fine.
After Yosemite, on my second try, the flickering appeared every time i tried this guide.

Try Mavericks. Report back with results.

And as i can see, someone else before me on this topic has a similar problem with UHD on Yosemite/El Capitan

You could compare notes with that 'someone else' (eg. same screen?)

Try Mavericks. Report back with results.

You could compare notes with that 'someone else' (eg. same screen?)

I am trying one more thing. Will install Windows, downgrade BIOS again, run UEFI shell and rerun the DVMT for 0x4 to see if it works.

Otherwise I go back to mavericks.

Thanks for your time

I am trying one more thing. Will install Windows, downgrade BIOS again, run UEFI shell and rerun the DVMT for 0x4 to see if it works.

Otherwise I go back to mavericks.

Thanks for your time

If Mavericks works, it may be something changed in the ig-platform-id data. We can look at both (10.9 vs. 10.11/10.10) and compare.

But first you have to know whether Mavericks works.

The ACPI/Clover setup would be the same for Mavericks... so all you need to do is install Mavericks and do the ./download.sh, ./install_downloads.sh (be sure to read the section on generating AppleHDA files).

I am trying to do the UEFI shell method to set DVMT-prealloc. Iam following this guide . I have formatted the pendrive to fat32 and i have copy the boot folder(only with copy paste method). I have gone to boot menu but the does not recognise it so i can not but via usb. What i am doing wrong?

I am trying to do the UEFI shell method to set DVMT-prealloc. Iam following this guide . I have formatted the pendrive to fat32 and i have copy the boot folder(only with copy paste method). I have gone to boot menu but the does not recognise it so i can not but via usb. What i am doing wrong?

Hello,

You need to make a folder called EFI in the root of the USB pen, then inside that EFI folder copy the BOOT folder containing efi shell file.

@RehabMan I managed to fix mine. It was needing more than 128 MB prealloc for some reason. But it works well now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back