Contribute
Register

[Guide] Lenovo Y50 (UHD or 1080p) using Clover UEFI (10.11)

Status
Not open for further replies.
This guide works for macOS Sierra.
Yeap, I mean, maybe there is anywhere the list of best practices / what is working / what is not working, is it as stable as El Capitan for dayly usage as main system, etc.

Last edited:
problem like this graphics glitch

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-07-17 at 12.42.54 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2017-07-17 at 12.42.54 PM.png
    300.2 KB · Views: 133
Hey @RehabMan , I was updating HS DP3 to DP4 with the default EFI (can't post because it won't let me boot)
Gives me an error sign on boot. In verbose boot, it throws error loading kernel cache 0xe with both OsxAptioFixDrv-64.efi and OsxAptioFix2Drv-64.efi

Hey @RehabMan , I was updating HS DP3 to DP4 with the default EFI (can't post because it won't let me boot)
Gives me an error sign on boot. In verbose boot, it throws error loading kernel cache 0xe with both OsxAptioFixDrv-64.efi and OsxAptioFix2Drv-64.efi

Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting"
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/

Hint: When running betas you should always have a known-good install (eg 10.12 or 10.11) such that you can still boot there and gather data from EFI or make fixes.

Update: For those who have issues updating and get error sign -->
Boot into recovery mode and plug in ethernet. Click reinstall macOS
When it's done, you're good to go

Sounds like the root issue is a kernel cache issue. Such as kernel cache too large to be loaded by boot.efi. These are problems that OsxAptioFix*.efi try to fix, but don't always work, especially with large kernel cache. Kernel cache tends to get larger and larger as Apple introduces new features, but also as users install more kexts.

Sounds like the root issue is a kernel cache issue. Such as kernel cache too large to be loaded by boot.efi. These are problems that OsxAptioFix*.efi try to fix, but don't always work, especially with large kernel cache. Kernel cache tends to get larger and larger as Apple introduces new features, but also as users install more kexts.

But sadly there's no way to purge the cache in recovery mode (and nothing can read APFS right now)
Unless you know of another method?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back