Contribute
Register

[Guide] Lenovo Y50 (UHD or 1080p) using Clover UEFI (10.11)

Status
Not open for further replies.
But sadly there's no way to purge the cache in recovery mode (and nothing can read APFS right now)
Unless you know of another method?

You could try 'touch /Volumes/your-hs-volume-name/System/Library/Extensions' in Terminal from the HS installer.

Also, important to keep your system clean without any unnecessary kexts.

Hi there I got OS X running well on my Y50.. However when I close the lid to my laptop and open it back on, log in. Bluetooth becomes unavailable, I can't turn it off or connect to anything. I have to restart the computer to get bluetooth working again. Any suggestions?

Hi there I got OS X running well on my Y50.. However when I close the lid to my laptop and open it back on, log in. Bluetooth becomes unavailable, I can't turn it off or connect to anything. I have to restart the computer to get bluetooth working again. Any suggestions?

Read post #1, "Problem Reporting".

@RehabMan, did you end up writing script so audio component on Mac doesn't sleep, resulting in pops when you start it again?

@RehabMan, did you end up writing script so audio component on Mac doesn't sleep, resulting in pops when you start it again?

Not a script, but rather config.plist based KextsToPatch for AppleHDA (from AppleALC project) that disable the HDA sleep function (D3hot).
The patches are in my NUC repo if you want to try them.

Is this not a common issue, bluetooth not working after sleep? I need to post my dsdt?

No "Problem Reporting" files attached.
Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting" again. Carefully. Attach all requested files/output.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/

It is a common issue.
For the common case, the cause and fix is mentioned in the FAQ.
Without "Problem Reporting" files, I cannot begin to guess whether you have the "common cause" or some other problem/mistake.

Hi,

first of all thank you for your phantastic guide! Following the instructions I was able to install OSX Sierra 10.12.5 on my Y50 within half a day. Runs absolutely smoothly for about 2 weeks now. :)

Two questions:
1. Is it safe to update 10.12.5 to 10.12.6? Something special to care about?
2. I would like to replace the internal 1TB HDD with a SSD and have OSX as only OS. The installation guide requires Windows installed on a partition. Is it possible to install OSX as stand-alone OS?

Greeting,
Joe

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back