Contribute
Register

[Guide] Lenovo Y50 (UHD or 1080p) using Clover UEFI (10.11)

Status
Not open for further replies.
What version of bios did you have prior to the downgrade?

I re-started the guide, but I always have the same problem with the UHD monitor: the flicker monitor !! Connecting it to an external monitor works fine.
What could be the problem?

Awesome! Time to try the downgrade.

I re-started the guide, but I always have the same problem with the UHD monitor: the flicker monitor !! Connecting it to an external monitor works fine.
What could be the problem?

The flickering monitor, then again I am not sure, but if all software issues are sorted away and the external monitor doesn't flicker, the screen is probably slightly loose from the motherboard (the connector).

Is it turning black or is there lines going across?

Lines going across example:

Awesome! Time to try the downgrade.

The flickering monitor, then again I am not sure, but if all software issues are sorted away and the external monitor doesn't flicker, the screen is probably slightly loose from the motherboard (the connector).

Is it turning black or is there lines going across?

Lines going across example:

Lookup a tutorial for replacing the screen if it is flickering off (like turning on and off). Just watch where they plug the screen connector in and see if yours is loose.

Lookup a tutorial for replacing the screen if it is flickering off (like turning on and off). Just watch where they plug the screen connector in and see if yours is loose.

No, isn't this issue. The problem is that I can't do this: For the UHD model, the DVMT-prealloc BIOS setting must be changed to 128MB.
The bios i locked and i I can't acces to advanced settings (bios 1,14). Is there anyone that can help me to unlock advanced settings or mod the bios?

I have downgraded to the old 1.14 BIOS but now my Nvidia Geforce GTX 960M will not work in windows. Error: Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems. (Code 43)

I tried reinstalling the drivers and uninstalling them 3 times, still won't work.
Any ideas?

I have downgraded to the old 1.14 BIOS but now my Nvidia Geforce GTX 960M will not work in windows. Error: Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems. (Code 43)

I tried reinstalling the drivers and uninstalling them 3 times, still won't work.
Any ideas?

Hi dear,
I solved this: I updated to the latest version of the bios V3.03, then I asked some forums as mod-bios to help me, they modified the bios to unlock the advanced settings. Now everything works

The only problem I have now is that at startup, after the apple logo, the screen stays black ... until it goes into sleep mode; When i let it start from sleep mode, the desktop appears and it works ...
Did anyone have the same problem?

Hi dear,
I solved this: I updated to the latest version of the bios V3.03, then I asked some forums as mod-bios to help me, they modified the bios to unlock the advanced settings. Now everything works

Where did you get the modded bios?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back