Contribute
Register

[Guide] Lenovo Y50 (UHD or 1080p) using Clover UEFI (10.11)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all,
My nb is lenovo 50-70 uhd, i7 4710hq -12 gb ram - gt860m.
I have a problem with integrated graphic card, intel hd 4600: the kext is not load; I've tried them all, vram is 1536, but in the extension panel, the kext AppleIntelHD5000Graphics.kext is not load and the animations are bad.
Did anyone have the same problem or can he help me?

Hi all,
My nb is lenovo 50-70 uhd, i7 4710hq -12 gb ram - gt860m.
I have a problem with integrated graphic card, intel hd 4600: the kext is not load; I've tried them all, vram is 1536, but in the extension panel, the kext AppleIntelHD5000Graphics.kext is not load and the animations are bad.
Did anyone have the same problem or can he help me?

Read post #1, "Problem Reporting".

Here's a summary for those who want to test out High Sierra
1. Download 10.13dp from app store + install the public beta app
2. Update clover (I personally used newest)
3. If you want to update to apfs format, place apfs.efi alongside HFS.efi (you can delete the latter after updating if you choose to do so)
4. Update config.plist SMBIOS to the newest FIRMWARE version for the given model (we use MBP11,2 model for this guide)
5. Run the High Sierra install app. It will restart a few times (I recall around 3-4). When restarting, choose the install option in clover, 2nd reboot uses different name which I can't recall (always left-most apple option)
6. After booting to desktop, edit config.plist in VoodooPS2Trackpad (Darwin version 16.x --> 17.x) to fix blank config panel for trackpad
7. Hide Preboot option in clover under GUI section of clover config.plist (you will now have to use diskutil command to mount efi partition instead of the previous script in guide)

Hi,
thanks for support! These are the files attached

You can see in your kextcache output that your system kexts are damaged.
And I can see you have files installed that are not recommended by the guide.
Start over, and follow the guide as written...

You can see in your kextcache output that your system kexts are damaged.
And I can see you have files installed that are not recommended by the guide.
Start over, and follow the guide as written...

Hi RehabMan,
i've n issue:
1) I can't preallocate 32mb vram following the guide....I use the EFI mode but the guide is only for skylake and broadwell...mine is Haswell (hd4600) - but I don't downgrade bios. it's mandatory?
2) if I don't remove AppleIntelFramebufferAzul.kext I can't reach the installer/desktop.

can you help me?

Last edited:
Hi RehabMan,
i've n issue:
1) I can't preallocate 32mb vram following the guide....I use the EFI mode but the guide is only for skylake and broadwell...mine is Haswell (hd4600) - but I don't downgrade bios. it's mandatory?
2) if I don't remove AppleIntelFramebufferAzul.kext I can't reach the installer/desktop.

can you help me?

2) Did you use the right config.plist? You have to use the one for install specifically for HD4600, not the one post install!

i am wondering the same thing about the BIOS that fabio5hd is wondering.

Which is the right config.plist for HD4600? I follow the guide and I use the UHD one.

Are you working on post install or usb install? There are 3 variants of config, make sure you have the right one
And what other random kexts have you added?
You're not going to be functioning if you don't set your prealloc

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back